Question about Plumbing Issue
Oct 10, 2009 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Meloncoly

500+ Head-Fier
My sink is spewing up food bits. Seems to be from garbage disposal. I live in a in-law, landlord living upstairs. He asks wife to turn on the garbage disposal upstairs, and we can hear bubbling in the sink downstairs. Seems like the plumbing is connected and whatever they're disposing of is leaking up from the sink but I'm not sure about that. If that's the case, what could be causing it? Badly routed pipes? If so, where would we check for the problem. Landlord keeps insisting that it's a problem with the main pipe because they had an issue before apparently where there was a clog at the main sewer pipe. Any ideas ,suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meloncoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Landlord keeps insisting that it's a problem with the main pipe because they had an issue before apparently where there was a clog at the main sewer pipe. Any ideas ,suggestions? Thanks.

Sounds about right to me. Is there a reason he doesn't follow the logical conclusion and get the pipe snaked before it plugs up entirely? In the meantime, get anything valuable up off the floor.

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Probably a clog or a root. Though maybe the drain pipe isn't big enough to handle the water going into it.

I'd have a plumber run a snake through it. If that doesn't work, he'll know what else to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back