question about my JH 16 pro isolation level
Aug 22, 2010 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

windowphone7

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have just used my JH 16 pro for a few days. I want to ask JH16 pro owners about isolation of the earphone
without music, during wearing, will you hear the sound outside? for me , i still can hear the sound outside at lower volumn
with music, well for all earphones if we play the sound loud , then of course we won't hear the sound outside. So i am asking for the sound at normal volumn (i am using Cowon J3 , volume level is 10 , EQ is Pop) , I still can hear the sound outside at low volume if someone is yelling very near me.
does all of you get a complete seal (won't hear any sound outside)

i want to ask this to see whether i have fitness issue or not

thank you

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 4
A later posting today in the JH16 First Impressions thread you will find a post by BDR529 in which he says the following in response to a question about isolation.

"You should still be able to hear a normal conversation with no music playing, they are only advertised as -26dB of isolation."

I have the JH13s and can hear a conversation without any music playing.   But when music is playing, depending on the music's volume level, you usually can't hear much.   I could just hear the phone ring right by me a bit ago.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 4
A really sensitive test is to insert your phones with no audio playing.  Now rub your thumb across your fingers at various positions around the phone.  If it is sealed you can't hear the fingers rubbing, it's too soft a sound.  

The sensaphonics test works well too..

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back