question about Fischer Audios Eterna
Jul 11, 2010 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
well, i see them come with giant earclips

anyone have experience with them?  do you need them with the clips on to stay in place in your ears, or can they be used normally without them and stay in place

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 14
I don't use the over ear clips either and so far so good. They stayed in my ears for a full 45min bike ride yesterday. You really shouldn't need to use them unless you have a real problem with fit or just want the added security and comfort. The cable slider does a good job too of holding them in place if you tighten it up.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 14
Eh I really don't find the cord to be that much of an issue. The microphonic's isn't too bad because of the over the ear style. I went for a long bike ride with my Eterna's yesterday and aside from some wind noise there really wasn't any issues. The cord is a bit bouncy sometimes but not a major problem and I think it's just fine for the price point of the iem's as well.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 14
glad you see you got a pair, they really are an amazing iem for the price. Now comes the fun waiting part however, took mine about 3 weeks or so I believe.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 14
JEEZ!  Hopefully I will earn enough on this VPD400 sale get have it next dayed to me.  I cant wait that long.  I will sit in the corner and rock for 3 weeks until they come lol

currently, I am headphone-less.  Recently sold off all my cans in search of fun an engaging.  I was told the eterna is THE ROCK OUT iem for my budget.  All I have are stock fuze and Sony Mdr-e10 buds :[

say a prayer for me, everyone so that I may last until the eternas arrive :!!!

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 14
bump for one last question

do you think a sansa fuze would power them to the max?  They've got a 18 impedance.
I ask because my sony mdr-e10 has a 16 impedance and there is only a minor difference when amped with my cmoy bb 2.02.  The difference is so subtle, I could barely hear the slight difference in forwardness.  

Anyone using a fuze with them?  

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 14
I would like to ask the same question as swbf2cheater and would also like to add on to the question:
how does amp change the sound of the eternas
and are the differences worth the price of an amp?
=P not to steal ur thread or anything, but i was also a bit curious

just ordered a pair of eternas the other night 2
seemed like rly unique pair of IEMs so i thought i might as well check them out =)

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #13 of 14

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 14
The only over-ear pieces I've ever liked are the ones are the PFE ones.  I don't like the Eterna ones.  I didn't like the IE8 ones.  The PFE plastic pieces are simple, well designed, and just do the job smartly.  Most everything else out there is bulky junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back