Question about Dynalo
Jun 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ansh

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
I've been starting to make a dynalo recently but I'm not very familiar to this field so I've been a bit confused about it..........
I've some simple questions about the project and looking for somebody to help
o2smile.gif

1. Is the Dynalo a Gilmore GS-1 or Gilmore Lite?
Somebody told me that it was a GS-1 but somebody else tells me it is a Gilmore Lite?
What actually it is and what's the difference between GS-1 and Lite(As the DIY RESOURCES - Kevin Gilmore DYNAMIC HEADPHONE AMPLIFIERS and POWER SUPPLIES says that Dynalo is both GS-1/Lite, I'm confused about that)

2. Is a power supply like the one that comes with Headamp necessary? I mean can I just buy a normal transformer for it? If not, any links for a PSU project?

Thanks!
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,
I've been starting to make a dynalo recently but I'm not very familiar to this field so I've been a bit confused about it..........
I've some simple questions about the project and looking for somebody to help
o2smile.gif

1. Is the Dynalo a Gilmore GS-1 or Gilmore Lite?
Somebody told me that it was a GS-1 but somebody else tells me it is a Gilmore Lite?
What actually it is and what's the difference between GS-1 and Lite(As the DIY RESOURCES - Kevin Gilmore DYNAMIC HEADPHONE AMPLIFIERS and POWER SUPPLIES says that Dynalo is both GS-1/Lite, I'm confused about that)

2. Is a power supply like the one that comes with Headamp necessary? I mean can I just buy a normal transformer for it? If not, any links for a PSU project?

Thanks!
beyersmile.png

The DIY resources link is essentially correct. The GS-1 and Lite both use this amp circuit. The GS-1 uses a PSU more similar to what is shown in the headwize article HeadWize - Project: A Pure Class A Dynamic Headphone Amplifier by Kevin Gilmore, while the Lite normally uses an Elpac wallwart.

For PSU, I would use either the PSU shown in the headwize article (no PCB available) or one of amb's sigma22s. A dynahi PSU would also be a possibility, and Dan Gardner does have boards available. The sigma22 would be my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back