Question about Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 Ohm headphones...
Jan 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

p0wah

New Head-Fier
Hey,

So after using them for a couple of weeks i have to say they are rather good headphones but theres just one thing thats bugging me and that is to do with the sound stage. Im not too sure how to explain it but here goes. Basically, ive been playing CS:GO alot lately and i have noticed that its a bit hard to differentiate when someone is either in front or behind me. The soundstage sounds a little centered. Has anyone else experienced this with DT 770s?

EDIT : If someone runs in front and in line of me... It would be hard to tell whether its in front or behind after they get to a close distance.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi,
I mostly use it to hear music and I didn't feel that. Maybe is an issue with the game.
You should try with the Surround Dolby Test (you can find it on youtube). It's a quick test that can show you if the problem is really of the dt770.

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 6
I think the problem is from from your pair or from your particular feel of the dt770 sound signature. Another headphone (if the problem is not from your hearing) should solve the issue. Maybe open back headphones with better soundstage are the solution. I have no experience with the 990. Do u have any other headphones to compare? Also if some cheaper(lower impedance) headphones work ok the problem may be related to the need of an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back