Question about Beyer Woodie mod
Mar 5, 2006 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RobxMcCarthy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew the specifics of the beyer woodie mod. I'm speaking specifically about the DT770 mod. Is the plastic cut out and replaced with wood? Or is wood simply glued over the plastic. Also, Does it change the sound signature much, or simply make it look a little sharper.

Thanks.

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 3
The plastic is removed and replaced with a wooden shell. Though I have not heard the woodied DT-770's yet (I plan on getting mine done sometime in the future), the general consensus is that most of the sound improvement comes from the recable, while the wood just touches up that improvement.

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 3
I have Larry's screened version and virtually never use the plugs - much prefer the sound with them open.........so, a cheaper version could be just having them re-wired and then you could cut the outer shell open for a screen which you'd blue-tack or hotglue into position........but, then you'd miss enjoying the beautiful wood
smily_headphones1.gif
I have to admit to not taking mine apart to see if he does any unmentioned internal surgery to them. I DO enjoy them as an adjunct to using my AKG's. They're fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back