question about Astro Mixamp
Jun 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
hope its considered portable lol, if not then sorry :p

but am going to buy the AD700 and the mixamp hopefully and had a few questions

it will be used only for CODMW2 on the pc and via a sansa fuze, my questions are:

-can the mixamp do a good job with onboard sound card?  Super precision is not required, but would it improve over just the ad700 alone without an amp? 

-is the astro mixamp the only AMP i need?  I mean, does it need to also be hooked up to yet another amp to work, or does it act like a portable amp, like a cmoy or something.  I was hoping it would be enough right out of my pcs audio jack on the tower and was hoping it does the same job as the cmoy BB which is awesome that i have. I dont know anything about the mixamp and wasnt sure if it was just a digital 5.1 converter or if it also acted as a real headphones amp.

-for music via a sansa fuze, would the AD700+the mixamp be a good choice if i really wise a deep and wide stage to my music?  

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 3
You'll only need the mixamp if your soundcard can't downmix 5.1 to 2 channels with some sort of HRTF.  The mix amp isn't really what most people here would consider a 'real' amp.  Its just a hardware mixer with a headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back