Question about Amp choice for HD 598s and beyond
Nov 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Surpher

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fiers,

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser 598s that I love and I am considering buying amp at this point.  I currently have  Little Dot DAC II that was driving them. It recently fried, and I will have to get it repaired. In the mean time I am shopping for an amp that will eventually go DAC->AMP->headphones

Budget: 200-400

I am considering a Little Dot, but I also saw the Bottlehead Crack comes well recommended. I feel like that could be a fun project for me to tackle. My only concern is that it appears to be geared towards high impedance head phones, and my current cans are 50 ohm impedance. Would it be a bad idea to go with the Crack then? If so, what would be a better call?

My next purchase would be a step up in cans, so maybe the 650s. In which case I might want something like the Crack, no?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 2
I run my 598s out of the Fiio E7. It works really well for me and the E7 has paired well with the headphones. If you are planning on getting the 650s in the future you are most likely going to need something with more juice than the E7. I'd wait for more replies though; I'm not well versed with amp/DACs. Just giving you my opinion from personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back