Query regarding the existence/authenticity of Sony MDR-EX0300 (NOT MDR-EX300), as well as country of origin for Sony MDR-EX083.
May 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rosethorn

New Head-Fier
Hi, good day all.

I came across this listing in ebay claiming to be selling the walkman version of the MDR-EX300. They look just like the MDR-EX300, except that they have the Walkman logo printed (or at least it seems to be so) on one of the sides. Here is the link of that listing.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SONY-MDR-EX0300-Premium-EX-Style-Headphones-Earphones-Earbud-iPod-iPhone-MP3-/170832977472?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item27c6705e40

I queried the seller regarding the country of origin, and he/she claimed that it is from Malaysia.

Is there such a model? If it exists at all, shouldn't they name it some other number instead of adding a "0" in front of the model number? Just like how the Walkman version of the MDR-EX085 is the MDR-EX083?

Also, another question: For owners of MDR-EX083, are they made in China? I lost mine and purchased a replacement set, and it came with a "China" imprinted on the tag, on the reverse side which "MDR-EX083" was imprinted on, something which I did not recall on my previous earphones which I got along with the Sony MP3 player from an authorised Sony store.

Thanks in advance for your help!

May 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 4
I never know Sony makes their IEM in Malaysia (and I am a Malaysian). As far as I know, most of them are from China. The higher end versions are mostly from Thailand or Japan. They are simply way too many fake Sony out there that I'll advise against buying any of them on eBay without official retail box and full set of accessories.

May 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 4
I just found a picture in another ebay listing, with the earphones seen within the packaging of some MP3 player, so I guess the seller's claim has some truth within...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-32GB-Series-Walkman-Video-MP3-Black-Hot-Sale-/350540068986

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 4
mdr ex083 are unbeatable at 12$

i have got

brainwavz m3
gr07 mk2
sony mh-1
ex 083

and i kid u not when i say that i like ex083 after gr07 mk2.such excellent bass,not like se215,oh no.very controlled mainly in sub bass region with less effect on mids.
i think they are a steal for their price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back