Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Oct 8, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #46 of 434
The configuration Chrome extension only works on Windows or Mac. What a BS. Android App not working, Linux with chrome extension also not working. Crap, probably returning it.

Too bad you don’t like it.
The operations I wrote about can be performed without the aid of the app, using the upper buttons when you are in the power menu.

Oct 8, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #47 of 434
It's been an slow start for sure but I wouldn't call it crap. Still a long way to improve. As far as I know, they cannot implement the app for Apple because of the iOS limitations, but they should have made it compatible with android by the time of the release.
It doesn't work with Android. The App only wants to search for Bluetooth devices which would be the 5k. Maybe they will update the App?

Oct 8, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #49 of 434
It doesn't work with Android. The App only wants to search for Bluetooth devices which would be the 5k. Maybe they will update the App?
They confirmed that they are going to release the Android fix to control the app via USB soon. Luckily you can control pretty much everything with the buttons, but I hope they release it ASAP.

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #52 of 434
'Hybrid' must be ON, as opposed to VBUS (which means power only from USB).
'Charge' must be OFF.

Anyway, it's just a test, nothing might change with SR8.
Unfortunately it does improve nothing. Now I'm asking myself what the benefits of T71 are. EQ with hardware buttons is nice to have but there are a lot other solutions. Are the surround effects useful when listening to stereo music with IEMs?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #53 of 434
Unfortunately it does improve nothing. Now I'm asking myself what the benefits of T71 are. EQ with hardware buttons is nice to have but there are a lot other solutions. Are the surround effects useful when listening to stereo music with IEMs?
The benefits for me are:
-Double the power, which is useful for harder to drive headphones.

-Easy buttons operations which allows you to change pretty much everything and is specially useful to switch between EQ profiles.

-The sourround processing is very noticiable with multichannel content (games, movies, series etc). It's more immersive and the sound positioning is improved. I don't know if it's noticiable with IEMs, as only use full size open back headphones.

The surround effects are not meant to be used with stereo music, this isn't a device to do that. You won't notice any difference when playing stereo music. It just sounds like a good and transparent DAC/AMP. If you bought this device only to listen to music with IEMs, you rather send it back or sell it and buy a Qudelix 5k or similar.

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #54 of 434

Too bad...

Personally, it's a device that I like.

I think the implementation with double PEQ (multi-channel) on input and output is more unique than rare.

Same thing for the internal battery (on a dongle), which allows me to listen to headphones even with the iPhone without shutting down the dongle as soon as I turn up the volume a little.
(thanks to the internal battery, I was also able to have a BT setup by pairing it with the Shanling M0. Sometimes it's convenient to have the smartphone free from cables).

It has good output power and clean sound.

With my IEMs I haven't heard hiss yet (but I'm not too sensitive, it really must hiss).

I like the idea of the display providing information.

In short, it seems to me to be a sophisticated machine, a little outside the box.

But we know that everything is subjective in this area, so I have no absolute truths to sell you.

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #56 of 434
The benefits for me are:
-Double the power, which is useful for harder to drive headphones.

-Easy buttons operations which allows you to change pretty much everything and is specially useful to switch between EQ profiles.

-The sourround processing is very noticiable with multichannel content (games, movies, series etc). It's more immersive and the sound positioning is improved. I don't know if it's noticiable with IEMs, as only use full size open back headphones.

The surround effects are not meant to be used with stereo music, this isn't a device to do that. You won't notice any difference when playing stereo music. It just sounds like a good and transparent DAC/AMP. If you bought this device only to listen to music with IEMs, you rather send it back or sell it and buy a Qudelix 5k or similar.

I can confirm the surround downmix sounds equally great on IEMs, just like in any other transducer size.

Oct 11, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #57 of 434
Oct 11, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #58 of 434
Oct 12, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #60 of 434
About the random system reboots on the T71. I sent a message to Qudelix support last night and they replied within a minute, literally a single minute haha. It's a firmware issue and they are already working to fix it. They asked me about my use case so they could get any useful information.

They also sent me a beta 1.2.4 firmware, to try if it can fix the reboots.
I'll update if it works when I give it enough time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back