Quattro De Mayo Seattle meet. 5/04/13 West Seattle Library
Apr 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #61 of 133
Quote:
Im new to head-fi and never have attened a meet. This one will be my first. I don't know what gear I should be bringing. Just my headphones or my dacs and amps?

Whatever you're comfortable with bringing. :)

I just brought my headphones to the first meet I went to and tried out other people's gear.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #63 of 133
Ears are overrated.

I'll be bringing my reading glasses and I'd suggest others to do the same. My printer's on the fritz and all the fonts on those FR graphs I'm bringing instead of actual gear are a bit hard on the eyes.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #67 of 133
Quote:
Is anyone coming to Vancouver meet the very next day?

DNA Stratus is confirmed for the meet

Only me I guess :p

Quote:
Oh, that sucks. I could look at waterfall plots all day long!

I would have brought THD charts but you really don't want to see what my printer would do to mess that up.

Perhaps I'll go down to Kinkos and print them out. And then laminate them.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #68 of 133
Just read the posts again, keepin up with it. Nice to busy as hell with a Head-fi fix. Lo-fi at the moment. Ipad and B&W P5's right now. Did not make it to the rig tonight. Just nice to have cans on.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #69 of 133
Yo! I just found out about this. Daddy, you should've told me!

I'll be coming with him, like he said previously! I'll bring my Denon D2000s (I'm the only Denon left in this house...!) and my little FiiO E7 DAC/mini amp!
I really wish my Front Panel Express amp was fixed, or I'd bring that, too... I still miss it.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #70 of 133
I'll bring some gear .. and my broke littledot MKII amp

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #72 of 133
Long time no see guys, might be in Seattle the day of your meet so ill see if I can pop in and see how crazy the LCD-2 meets have become these days. Only use my custom IEMs these days so not much I can share on my side...

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #73 of 133
hello,

very much new to this hobby and this would be my first visit to a meet.

want to fit in, so are there any guidelines for being a good first-timer?

would like to bring my wife and  'phones to check out amps for a future purchase.  we currently have AKG K550 {please be kind}, Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and Etymotic ER-4S.

would be pumped to be able to sample higher end 'phones.

we use iPods for sources with Apple Lossless files.

both of us are a bit on the shy side.

any help on how to fit in?

thanks

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #74 of 133
Hi, DrForBin,

Here are a few tips that have worked for our prior meets:
Bring all your questions, we have veterans that can answer them.
Bring a friend, more fun when you share the experience.
Ask questions on the gear you are auditioning to know exactly what gear you are listening too and if there are any tweeks. My gear is tweeked.
Bring some of your own music. We will have tons of music but it much easier to hear differences with stuff you are familiar with.
If you are going to plug in your cans into a rig please ask the owner. There may be special instructions to do so.
If you would like to audition gear like headphones onto another rig ask the owner, if it is OK then do so and bring them right back and let the owner know they are back.
We have Members Of Trade that make these meets, they help make these meets Great! Please stop by their table and say "Hello"
Most important thing, just chill relax and have a good time. Seattle Head-fiers are some of the nicest people.

Hope this helps,

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #75 of 133
Quote:
Most important thing, just chill relax and have a good time. Seattle Head-fiers are some of the nicest people.

thanks Big Poppa
smily_headphones1.gif

trying to talk the wife into coming with.

this sounds like a lot of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back