Quattro De Mayo Seattle meet. 5/04/13 West Seattle Library
May 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #121 of 133
[size=medium]I’ll bring:[/size]
[size=medium]jkeny SP/DIF Mk II[/size]
[size=medium]Oyaide DR-510 75-ohm cable, 1.3 m[/size]
[size=medium]Benchmark DAC 1 Pre[/size]
[size=medium]Cryoparts power distribution strip, cryogenically treated[/size]
[size=medium]Cryoparts CryoMax III power cables terminated with Furutech FI-11 connectors[/size]
[size=medium]Audez’e LCD-2[/size]
[size=medium]Samsung NC-10 netbook, XP, JRiver MC 18[/size]

May 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #123 of 133
Does anybody own Hifiman HM-801 or Astell & Kern AK100 DAP? Would kill to get a demo

May 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #125 of 133
Does anyone have a USB CD-drive by any chance? I won't be using it, but rather if anyone would be interested in hearing their CD's with my rig since I don't have a CD player.

Right now I have MacBook Pro Retina Display -> Audirvana Plus -> ODAC -> O2, but I'm in the process of converting my FLAC files to ALAC so I can utilise Audirvana Plus's iTunes integration feature to make it easier for others to browse my music library.

Also yay for HE-500. I was thinking of getting one as an upgrade in the future and I wanted to hear it in-person with an O2. Most people have said the O2 is fine, but some say it's "not good enough".

Updated list of gear, sorted in alphabetical order by username:

atomicbob: Beyerdynamic T90, Woo Audio WA7
BIG POPPA: Alessandro MS2 and MS1, Bowers & Wilkins P5, Sennheiser HD650, Woo Audio WA3 (modded)
curbfeeler: Audeze LCD-2, Benchmark DAC 1 Pre, Samsung NC-10 netbook, Cryoparts CryoMax III power cables terminated with Furutech FI-11 connectors, Cryoparts power distribution strip, jkeny HiFace MKII SP/DIF, Oyaide DR-510 75-ohm cable
Doc B.: Sennheiser HD800, Bottlehead amplifiers, Bottlehead DAC
DrForBin: AKG K550, Etymotic ER-4S, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, iPods
Equus: Audeze LCD-2, Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire, Berkeley Audio DAC Alpha, Logitech Squeezebox Touch
Girls Generation: Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2.2, Sennheiser HD800 (Anax mod 2,0), DNA Stratus, Triad Audio L3 and LLP, X-Sabre
Joshatdot: Little Dot MK II
KingStyles: Stax SR-009
labrown: Audio Technica ATH-AD900, Beyerdynamic DT880 (600 Ω), HiFiMAN HE-500, MrSpeakers Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads, Emotiva Mini-X A100 with 4 pin xlr speaker tap cable
m2man: Fostex TH-900, Ultrasone Signature DJ
Markj: German Maestro GMP435, MB Quart QP400, Sennheiser HD650 and HD800, Ultrasone Edition 8, Headroom Home Headphone Amp, SPL Phonitor, Panasonic DMP-BDT500, Sony SCD-XA5400ES
miceblue: AKG K 701 (8-bump version), V-MODA Crossfade M-100, FiiO E12, JDS Labs C5, Objective 2, FiiO E7, Objective DAC, FiiO L3 and L9 line-out dock connectors
MusicPDX: Coffman Labs H1-A
palmfish: Sennheiser HD800, Benchmark DAC1, Pioneer VSX-1122, Pioneer DV-79AVi
ribeye: Schiit Audio Mjolnir, Wyred 4 Sound W4S DAC-2
ShortieFish: Denon AH-D2000, FiiO E7
Wharfrat: Audio Technica ATH AD2000, Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ω from 2005), Denon AH-D7000, HiFiMAN HE-6 (prototype), Sennheiser HD650, Coffman Labs G1-A, Cayin SCD-50T

May 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #126 of 133
Quote:
Does anyone have a USB CD-drive by any chance? I won't be using it, but rather if anyone would be interested in hearing their CD's with my rig since I don't have a CD player.

Right now I have MacBook Pro Retina Display -> Audirvana Plus -> ODAC -> O2, but I'm in the process of converting my FLAC files to ALAC so I can utilise Audirvana Plus's iTunes integration feature to make it easier for others to browse my music library.

Also yay for HE-500. I was thinking of getting one as an upgrade in the future and I wanted to hear it in-person with an O2. Most people have said the O2 is fine, but some say it's "not good enough".

BIG POPPA: Alessandro MS2 and MS1, Bowers & Wilkins P5, Sennheiser HD650, Woo Audio WA3 (modded)
curbfeeler: Audeze LCD-2, Benchmark DAC 1 Pre, Samsung NC-10 netbook, Cryoparts CryoMax III power cables terminated with Furutech FI-11 connectors, Cryoparts power distribution strip, jkeny HiFace MKII SP/DIF, Oyaide DR-510 75-ohm cable
Equus: Audeze LCD-2, Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire, Berkeley Audio DAC Alpha, Logitech Squeezebox Touch
Girls Generation: Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2.2, Sennheiser HD800 (Anax mod 2,0), DNA Stratus, Triad Audio L3 and LLP, X-Sabre
labrown: Audio Technica ATH-AD900, Beyerdynamic DT880 (600 Ω), HiFiMAN HE-500, MrSpeakers Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads, Emotiva Mini-X A100 with 4 pin xlr speaker tap cable
Markj: German Maestro GMP435, MB Quart QP400, Sennheiser HD650 and HD800, Ultrasone Edition 8, Headroom Home Headphone Amp, SPL Phonitor, Panasonic DMP-BDT500, Sony SCD-XA5400ES
miceblue: AKG K 701 (8-bump version), V-MODA Crossfade M-100, FiiO E12, JDS Labs C5, Objective 2, FiiO E7, Objective DAC, FiiO L3 and L9 line-out dock connectors
Wharfrat: Audio Technica ATH AD2000, Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ω from 2005), Denon AH-D7000, HiFiMAN HE-6 (prototype), Sennheiser HD650, Coffman Labs G1-A, Cayin SCD-50T

I wouldn't trust the sound quality of a USB CD drive. I have a CD player I can bring but I do not have quality spdif cable, somebody would need to bring theirs 

May 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #127 of 133
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't trust the sound quality of a USB CD drive. I have a CD player I can bring but I do not have quality spdif cable, somebody would need to bring theirs 

Yeah I figured most people probably wouldn't like the USB CD drive, but it adds more options for the listener. The alternative solution that I have is a pink portable 1-bit DAC CD player. :D

May 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #128 of 133
So it'll be my first time to the library. Is there a parking lot? which room will this be held? someone putting up signs? Thanks

May 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #129 of 133
A USB driver digitally streamed and buffered properly with Foobar2000 or JRiver Media Center performs just fine. The bits are just data until they reach the DAC. If there is a flaw in the data stream it will be heard as a dropout.

May 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #130 of 133
hello,

what a bunch of really nice folks here in the Seattle HeadFi community.
bigsmile_face.gif

thanks to everyone who let us listen to their gear and answered our (insufferable) newbee questions.

highlights for me were the TH-900 (i think i had an eargasim), the Woo Audio WA 7 (looks and sounds amazing) and curbfeeler's exquisite set-up.

(we have similar tastes in rock and Van the Man's "Moondance" on this system, took me back to Berkeley where i had the great good fortune to see the tour in support of this release all those years ago.)

special thanks to Tess and her dad Brian? (both my spouse and i are terrible at remembering names, sorry.
redface.gif
) for being very kind to us when we first showed up. the discussion of using a good receiver's headphone out was very thought provoking. and hearing a portable amp for the first time with our iPods was an eye opener.

as for the spouse she WANTS a jds labs c5 (thanks micebleue!) and believe me she never gets excited about tech. (remember i am Q.)

again, you people rock! (next time we'll book the sitter longer, or sell the kids to the gypsies for whiskey.
wink.gif
)

May 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #131 of 133
Quote:
hello,

bigsmile_face.gif

thanks to everyone who let us listen to their gear and answered our (insufferable) newbee questions.

highlights for me were the TH-900 (i think i had an eargasim), the Woo Audio WA 7 (looks and sounds amazing) and curbfeeler's exquisite set-up.

(we have similar tastes in rock and Van the Man's "Moondance" on this system, took me back to Berkeley where i had the great good fortune to see the tour in support of this release all those years ago.)

special thanks to Tess and her dad Brian? (both my spouse and i are terrible at remembering names, sorry.
redface.gif
) for being very kind to us when we first showed up. the discussion of using a good receiver's headphone out was very thought provoking. and hearing a portable amp for the first time with our iPods was an eye opener.

as for the spouse she WANTS a jds labs c5 (thanks micebleue!) and believe me she never gets excited about tech. (remember i am Q.)

again, you people rock! (next time we'll book the sitter longer, or sell the kids to the gypsies for whiskey.
wink.gif
)

Didn't know you guys wanted to try portable amps. I had my Fostex HP-P1 hidden under a pile of cables

May 5, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #133 of 133
Quote:
hello,

bigsmile_face.gif

redface.gif

wink.gif
)

I'm tessa! or tess, whichever works for you. my dad would be, yes, brian, or palmfish!

I'm definitely interested to hear what you guys thought of my FiiO! I don't remember if I actually talked with you about it after you were playing around with it.

glad you had a fun time at your first meet! hopefully there's going to be many more to come for you! c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back