Quality mqa dac
Dec 26, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 15
Whats your reasoning for wanting MQA? Results are limited, but two would be the Mytek Liberty and the Mytek Brooklyn Dac+

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 15
Looking for a recommendation, about a dac the works with MQA. Dac only no amp as this could be pared with my Violectric amp and 800s headph9nes.
Maybe take a look at the Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #8 of 15
To me the MQA sound better when streaming Tidal. Do you have other ideas, for excellent quality music?

Well I cant be one to tell you it doesnt sound better to your own ears. I have used every streaming platform. I recently switched from Qobuz back to Tidal due to some crappy customer service. I personally dont notice a difference with MQA recordings. If thats what you want for 100% and youre set, the Mytek stuff and Matrix MQA gear is your best bet for performance. If you arent set on MQA, theres a ton of things i could reccomend gear wise.

As for streaming, Tidal is my perosnal choice right now ran through Roon.

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #11 of 15
I have a Brooklyn DAC+ coming this week. I'll post some comments when I can but I'm buried in work (%^&*) for a few weeks.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 15
Topping are bringing out a D90 with MQA support soon. Worth looking in to.

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 15
Well I cant be one to tell you it doesnt sound better to your own ears. I have used every streaming platform. I recently switched from Qobuz back to Tidal due to some crappy customer service. I personally dont notice a difference with MQA recordings. If thats what you want for 100% and youre set, the Mytek stuff and Matrix MQA gear is your best bet for performance. If you arent set on MQA, theres a ton of things i could reccomend gear wise.

As for streaming, Tidal is my perosnal choice right now ran through Roon.
Many recordings in tidal are in mqa and no n mqa. With a dragonfly red. Senn 800s The mqa are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back