quality ipod to rca connector
Mar 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Deulce

100+ Head-Fier
i know this might be off topic but i dont know where to post.
what type of ipod to rca connector would u recommend?

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 14
theres a cables board, for future reference (scroll way down on the main page)

as far as "ipod to RCA connector", you mean TRS 3.5mm stereo to RCA stereo?
For only $0.57 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/2 RCA Plug cable - 6ft | 3.5mm/RCA Audio Cables

should do the trick, if you need more length, just search around (monoprice should have it)

if you mean something that connects to the iPod "port", you'll need an LOD and coupler + the above cable, or something along those lines (the LOD being the overpriced/ridiculous part)

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 14
My advice, buy an iPod female line out dock and buy a high quality 3.5-->RCA and a high quality 3.5-->3.5 interconnects.
By the way, it's the wrong forum buddy.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 14
quality cable, oxygen free....? sort of like the grados.
and also cables that have been given blessings from the father. hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 14
just went to radioshack they have the ipod dock to rca. for about 30 bucks. allows u to view vid & music...

i bought audio only
smily_headphones1.gif
19.99 monster cable

Mar 24, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why does any of it matter? cable is a cable.

I disagree. Major differences in quality of build and you maybe saying this because you have been blessed with the inability to pick a bad cable but I have not been so blessed...I've heard crap and if one needs to listen to hear a bad cable then this person: 1.) can't hear or listened to music at exceedingly and unhealthy volumes thus causing long term hearing loss and an inability to hear details or 2.) never heard a good cable or 3.) never heard a bad cable and you are a man's man and I wanna shake your hand.

but, If you found aural bliss in cheap IC...I am happy for you.

I came across a lousy cable(without naming names, they advertised on head-fi and they were cheap$) and immediately took my headphones off and never listened to music using this "lousy" cable again.

Moral: when you find excellence don't go *&(^^((&&%$ around!

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cable is a cable.

Wars have started over less than a statement like that

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 14
Well when I said high quality cable, it means a decent cable. I didn't mean to say that the other buddy has to spend a lot in cables. If it's a female dock then he can use it for multi-purpose. Did you get my point buddy?
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. Major differences in quality of build and you maybe saying this because you have been blessed with the inability to pick a bad cable but I have not been so blessed...I've heard crap and if one needs to listen to hear a bad cable then this person: 1.) can't hear or listened to music at exceedingly and unhealthy volumes thus causing long term hearing loss and an inability to hear details or 2.) never heard a good cable or 3.) never heard a bad cable and you are a man's man and I wanna shake your hand.

I came across a lousy cable(without naming names, they advertised on head-fi and they were cheap$) and immediately took my headphones off and never listened to music using this "lousy" cable again.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

X2

There are non believers out there that can't pick differences in cables but there are more people who can. Mass Placebo effecting all of us ooooooooh spooky
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sw33t.Shuga.Ray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does good cables only apply to AUDIO?

what if you used a hi end cable on VIDEO?

would anyone notice the difference?

Yes and yes. I noticed a better color and clarity on component and hdmi cables on my av setup.

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

I've never picked up a cable thats distorted the sound or shredded my ears or anything like that, if thats what you mean
smile_phones.gif

and I've heard everything from these sub-dollar 20+ year old IC's that I just keep re-using in my system, to some pretty expensive AudioQuest IC's, honestly don't feel theres anything to justify the price or time
confused_face.gif

and I realize, there are "wars" over the believer/non-believer perspective, not trying to start another one though
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back