Qualia 010 + Qualia 007 COMBO !
May 5, 2005 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guy,

someone have listened the Qualia 007 player with the Qualia 010?

Thanks!
Nicola

May 5, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 7
I was in the Vegas Qualia store two weeks ago with the 007 + 010 combo.
Quite a forgetable experience I'll say.
plainface.gif

May 5, 2005 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonecrazy
I was in the Vegas Qualia store two weeks ago with the 007 + 010 combo.
Quite a forgetable experience I'll say.
plainface.gif

Are you telling that the sound was not so good?

Best!
Nicola

May 5, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 7
The 007(not the respected Stax 007), the SACD unit. For $12,500 + $3000 for the cans, I'd expect nothing short of O-O-O-Orpheus, but what do I care?. Too bad I've heard neither. I bet if Sony made a Qualia headphone amp package for the 010's they'd get some respect, if not some angry wallets. Personally though, the rest of the Qualia line is just overpriced poo if you ask me. However, I am VERY interested in hearing the 010's givent the opportunity, as I'm sure they are a more reasonable quality product(anyone coming to the next Oregon meet should bring a pair
biggrin.gif
). There's no way I'd pay the $4000 some odd dollars to use their 2 megapixel(What?!) camera, and no way I'd waste $12,500 on a single component SACD player when I could get a premium reference setup for that kind of scratch.

But enough of bashing the Qualia line besides the 010, I'd like to hear what was thought of the 007+010 combo too!
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 5, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Which B&O model CD player do you mean?

Oh, and I totally agree on the annoyance of novelty thing. I like my setup to simply go from pushing play to playing. Even the carousel rotating into position on my Denon DCM350 is annoying and even error prone at times, but the $10 I paid for it(and $13 for an AR digi coax cable) and its digital coax ouput more than make up for it.

And as far as digicams go, I'd much rather get this 3mp one or this 5.2mp one.
That's definitely substance over style if you ask me.

icon10.gif
Abe

May 5, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 7
why do you want a player that has two integrated 100W amplifiers? the disc loading mechanism has some use (though really unneeded and something simpler could have been substituted), but especially since Nik is probably going to use this as a headphone-only source, it is a waste of money to get a player with features like the speaker amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back