Qualia 010 - Are these worth it?
Jun 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DefQon

Headphoneus Supremus
Stumbled upon something interesting that caught my attention:

There is damage to the headband, but let's say if these go for under 100,000 yen, are they still worth the asking price based on its current aesthetic appeal (including the damage) and the sound. Supposedly the 010 is essentially a SA5000 but on steroids.

Any opinions?

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 8
Some people like them, some don't... but at that price, I see no reason not to go electrostatic

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Shame really I can't bid on the auction since the item is only located within Japan and it doesn't seem the seller will be able to ship overseas. So far the auction price bid is at 11,500 yen just around 250USD. Brand new or mint Qualia 010 apparantly go for around $3-4k? 

I wouldn't mind buying these just to mod it, fix up the headband etc.

Chances are some of the headfi'ers here are also bidding on it.

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Some people like them, some don't... but at that price, I see no reason not to go electrostatic

excellent point there.

Quote:
Chances are some of the headfi'ers here are also bidding on it.

NOW they sure will be since you posted this, and each comment bumps up this thread :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
excellent point there.

NOW they sure will be since you posted this, and each comment bumps up this thread :)

Yeah big thanks to me, there's another auction of these headphones with blue earpads going on another site that I'm paying close attention to...and I'M not linking it here. :)

Hmm from the bid history it looks like all the bidders for the headphones are local's. I betcha Currawong is bidding on those right now. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back