Quail Power Cord Group Buy
Mar 1, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovkiller,
it's not 2 for $29.... it's 2 at $29 EACH..... go to their site and add 2 to the cart and check your cart total....$65.98 with shipping

I've emailed quail and the salesperson I talked to confirmed that they are in fact the exact same cable...

if you check out the links I gave in my original post all the other questions have been answered.

Markl, what is the marking on the Jellyfish cord you have. I check with the Quail representative to see if it matters

The cables I am ordering only come in Grey unless you get a 25'/15A or 10'/10A length, which are black. I doubt anyone here will want cables that long.

For logistics reasons I am only going to order cables from this page. If you have a special request, PM me and I can look into it.

In my case $29 a piece is a lot when I need one for a pre-amp, phono amp, head-amp, and one for each power amp. That's over $150 with shipping.

Negative, it is 35.99 for 2 cables...sorry to water your soup but in that two group buys we had in the past (we purchased over 200 cables each time) the final price IIRC, was around 15.00 each cable, if you add the 1.00-2.00 you are asking as a donation (which is totally understandable) you are facing at 16.00 - 17.00, so you are saving a grand total of maximum 2.00 per cable, and have to wait a month for them or more...trust me on that, you are not saving a lot of money...

BTW at that time we did not have this kind of offers online, like this jellyfish now we have, otherwise it would not make any sense at all. Also our cables were custom made, not the stock ones, they were shielded, and with two ferrite cores one on each end...first time in gray, second time in black...the ferrite were easily removable for the ones who do not like them, just pealing and hammering them will remove them forever with no visible marks...I love those cords, they way they were and I still use them...very good and very well for the money...

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 30
You are using the wrong link, go here , the one you initially posted...LOL...man you posted that link and can not find it now???

While you add them to the cart, you get this for (2 cords):

ILJ Power Cord PAIR SALE (2) CORDS....................................$29.99

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 30
The important part is whether you pay $14 or $30 for the bona-fide Iron Lung cable, you are still getting a cord that performs well above its asking price...

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 30
ahhhhh... i see what's happening... you can't actually buy one cord. you can only buy pairs.... so when i put two in the box i though it would add two cables to the cart not two pairs of cables

what's interesting is if you put 0.5 in the box and add to cart it charges you $15

I assumed it would charge you a higher amount if you ordered one cable and when you add 2 it would qualify for the special sale price and adjust the unit price.... that's how every other e-shopping cart i've used works..... his site is just poorly put together. he shouldn't even bother listing the regular price for one cord if you can't even buy one cord at that price.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The important part is whether you pay $14 or $30 for the bona-fide Iron Lung cable, you are still getting a cord that performs well above its asking price...

No, markl we all agree on that, but the hassle and the work associated with a group buy, is enourmous, just think that he will have to pack, and ship the cables to each customer, handle the payments, avoid mistakes, etc....just to save two bucks...IMO it makes no sense...but over this for some (me included) that are not too fond of the power cables expenditure, to spend $15.00 or $30.00 make a huge difference, at $15.00, I replaced all my power cords, but at $30.00 a piece, I would have not replaced a single one...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 30
Now that i've figured out the discrepancy. I'm gonna end the group buy now... for those who have already placed orders I'll go ahead and include it with my order if you want or you can cancel. let me know what you want to do.

the b2audio website wasn't clear and i had interpreted it as 29 each, because when i added two to my cart I wasn't adding two cables but 2 pairs of cables.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 30
Oops, missed the 'no PM' statement:

If you haven't placed the order with Quail yet, I'd appreciate if I could get two (2) of the 6' cords (namely 0313.072).

I read up on the whole thread and understand the deal for the Jellyfish cords, however, they do not appear to ship to Canada.

Please let me know ASAP if you can help me out so that I can make out the PayPal payment.

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #25 of 30
If you have not placed the order I would like:

Three(3): 0312.024 2' 14 AWG 3 SJTW Grey N.American .360-.395 15A/125V
One(1): 0312.048 4' 14 AWG 3 SJTW Grey N.American .360-.395 15A/125V

Thanks.

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #29 of 30
a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back