QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
May 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #1,324 of 5,627
Screw it. What are the cops going to do...hunt down the evil space blocker?

As long as they don't SEE you putting them out it could be anyone on the street. 
wink.gif

That being said, place cones at your own risk. c:

Quote:
...I wonder if that's even legal. :p

Depends on whether or not the street is public parking though.  Normally residential areas don't let people who aren't residents park on the street...at least in Canada.

May 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #1,325 of 5,627

Quote:
Screw it. What are the cops going to do...hunt down the evil space blocker?

As long as they don't SEE you putting them out it could be anyone on the street. 
wink.gif

That being said, place cones at your own risk. c:

At the very least, they, or some other random person, would probably just move the cones. :p

Unless an actual hazard was placed there like spikes.  Or something.  Maybe remote control spikes that retract into the ground.

May 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #1,326 of 5,627
Eh. Most people think cones are important...Plus when you see them in a parking space people tend to just drive by because they don't want to stop, get out, move the cones, get back in, and park. 

Quote:
At the very least, they, or some other random person, would probably just move the cones. :p

Unless an actual hazard was placed there like spikes.  Or something.  Maybe remote control spikes that retract into the ground.

May 31, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #1,329 of 5,627
Actually parking in my street is for residents of the street only, It is not marked but there is plenty enough for the residents of the whole street. Thing is there is no sign for that! 
I called the municipality and demanded a sign that roughly says "parking is restricted to residents of the streets only'". They told me a sign like that will be a precedent in traffic laws!!

Enforcement is non existent. I saw a traffic inspector delivering fines only one time in my year of residency here.
I blame people also, parking lots are across the street but they won't pay the 5$ and risk a fine. They assume to themselves that if there is no sign they can just park there, even though most of them know the truth.

May 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #1,331 of 5,627
Quote:

I like this idea
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Broken glass would probably deter people from taking your parking spot...
rolleyes.gif

I assume no liability for anyone attempting this

You'd have to space the broken glass narrow enough to park in your spot though for convenience sake. Someone might figure it out...

May 31, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #1,333 of 5,627

Quote:
I like this idea
very_evil_smiley.gif

You'd have to space the broken glass narrow enough to park in your spot though for convenience sake. Someone might figure it out...

You could just outfit your car with a broom!

May 31, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #1,334 of 5,627
I started my job in shipping/stocking, and by halfway, I was so physically exhausted that I ended up just staring at the wall for many minutes. I want to vomit, and don't think I can go back. Today's workload wasn't even the max. If I can't even handle a simple min wage job, I should just kill myself. And I'm not kidding, I hate myself so much and I want to die.

May 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #1,335 of 5,627
Just watch your Taylor Swift videos and feel better tomorrow. Start working out and make it work.

Quote:
I started my job in shipping/stocking, and by halfway, I was so physically exhausted that I ended up just staring at the wall for many minutes. I want to vomit, and don't think I can go back. Today's workload wasn't even the max. If I can't even handle a simple min wage job, I should just kill myself. And I'm not kidding, I hate myself so much and I want to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back