QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
Jan 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #61 of 5,627
I hate how rude and ill mannered old people can be, shoving and barging past , I swear , if I didn't jump out of the way, they would happily walk straight into me. In some cases, they even seem to blatantly walk into my path, to the point where if I make a point of not leaping out of the way ( maintaining my route) they happily let their bags wack into your knees.  

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #62 of 5,627
I also hate that it is always me who apologizes in busy places if I have to swerve around someone , and its very rare they acknowledge my apology, just stampede on, not a manner or consideration or even a nod - hmm perhaps I need a holiday in the highlands away from people ( ps I am not strange/odd looking/antisocial , merely a disgruntled member of the public.)

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #63 of 5,627

Quote:
I hate how rude and ill mannered old people can be, shoving and barging past , I swear , if I didn't jump out of the way, they would happily walk straight into me. In some cases, they even seem to blatantly walk into my path, to the point where if I make a point of not leaping out of the way ( maintaining my route) they happily let their bags wack into your knees.  

Where are you, out of curiosity? The rudest group of people I've ever run into, hands-down, was a group of middle-aged guys from Sweden when my husband and I were touring distilleries on Islay, in Scotland. They had NO compunction about pushing in front of me or numerous other people. Even the Germans we ran into were much friendlier! 

My annoyance today is our local school district. We pay sky-high taxes in this township (in part because the schools are supposed to be some of the best around here), and they are stonewalling me and ignoring me and brushing me off at every turn while I'm trying to get help for my almost-4-year-old, who has some special needs. I just sent a very PO'd letter to them (including the school superintendent, the principal, and the director of special needs) and CC'd it to my son's godfather (a lawyer), a co-worker at the newspaper (who writes about problems people have with local schools and businesses) and my ex-boyfriend (a county commissioner). To paraphrase Riddick in "Pitch Black," "They did NOT know who they were f---ing with."

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #65 of 5,627
Hello.

I'd like to complain about my housemate who thinks that I have to adjust to *her* getting up in the morning (showers and such), even though she only gets up once a week (students and such).
Unlike her, me and the other housemate work, and we have a perfect sort of rythm, but then she moved in, and my Wednesdays became the worst day of my week. She doesn't even consider the option of getting up earlier, or even later than us, mainly because she takes about 2 hours to get ready.

Luckily rent has dropped by quite a bit ever since she moved in, also she's stunningly goodlooking. Universe: 1 - Alu: 0

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #66 of 5,627
...I hate how nearly 1/4th of the buyers on Ebay now don't pay and don't reply to emails.  Major annoyance to wait a week to file an unpaid item claim.  After two days I even offer them an option to retract their bids in case they got cold feet but it seems like some people think that "buy it now" = "add to cart".

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #67 of 5,627

Quote:
...I hate how nearly 1/4th of the buyers on Ebay now don't pay and don't reply to emails.  Major annoyance to wait a week to file an unpaid item claim.  After two days I even offer them an option to retract their bids in case they got cold feet but it seems like some people think that "buy it now" = "add to cart".

x2

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #68 of 5,627

Quote:

I work in retail, so I've met all kinds of people, old and young.  There are plenty who are honest and upstanding, but it surprises me that out of ten customers, four will do either of the following: rudely ignore your greetings, try to swap prices, blatantly steal items, become severely hostile after hearing something they don't want to hear, or (this is probably the worst thing ever) tell you how to do your job.

Going back to the ill mannered old people topic, I actually mentioned to a friend earlier this week that old people are a lot like ghosts.  If they have "unfinished business," they go out of their way to make your life a living hell.  
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #69 of 5,627
I am in Chester, UK. Its not always like that , but if you get a day where there are more old people than young out, it is sadly the case. I have checked with friends and they also find the same thing, so I know it is not just me.

Also, I like your style with the letter being cc'd to all, there is nothing more frustrating than peoples laziness in supposedly doing there job ( which is what is most likely is) particularly when it is at the expense of another's well being. Let me know how you get on, hopefully they will get grilled from all directions now , and eventually pull their fingers out.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #72 of 5,627

I hate people in online games that either insult anyone and everything (thank God for mute in Xbox Live) or that just love annoying people by using the most annoying strategies/techniques in games (like cheesing in SC2).  Special mention of those who use Jew as insult, the first time I heard it I was completely confused, it idiotic to use a religious belief as an insult.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #73 of 5,627

Quote:

I hate people in online games that either insult anyone and everything (thank God for mute in Xbox Live) or that just love annoying people by using the most annoying strategies/techniques in games (like cheesing in SC2).  Special mention of those who use Jew as insult, the first time I heard it I was completely confused, it idiotic to use a religious belief as an insult.

I hate booting in Halo games. I've been booted for accidental betrayals so many times, yet when I get betrayed, I can't boot.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #74 of 5,627

Quote:
I hate booting in Halo games. I've been booted for accidental betrayals so many times, yet when I get betrayed, I can't boot.

Completely agree, it seems like the system works in a way that lets people to boot you if you accidentally run them over when escaping, yet it almost never lets you boot the retards that betray you because you got to the sniper first.

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #75 of 5,627

Quote:
I am in Chester, UK. Its not always like that , but if you get a day where there are more old people than young out, it is sadly the case. I have checked with friends and they also find the same thing, so I know it is not just me.

Also, I like your style with the letter being cc'd to all, there is nothing more frustrating than peoples laziness in supposedly doing there job ( which is what is most likely is) particularly when it is at the expense of another's well being. Let me know how you get on, hopefully they will get grilled from all directions now , and eventually pull their fingers out.

Oh, I've been there! My husband's father is from Liverpool, and we all went to Chester one day when we were visiting family in the UK. Lovely town! (My son especially enjoyed the zoo!)

I felt rather stupid after I heard back from my son's godfather ... apparently his firm represents the school district. Whoops! :) Well, if they ask, I'll just say he's a very involved godparent :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back