Qobuz lowers streaming prices
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #31 of 93
So I tried contacting Qobuz about 3x on my issue but they never replied. I decided to create a new account with a different location. I used a vpn app on my mac book and even though I chose the UK on the app, I was given german unfortunately. Well that could also be seen as fortunate because I would be paying 19 Euros instead of pounds. However, navigating through the german interface is quite hard. With my previous model, It was in french but most important icons were in english. Is there any possible way to change the language on the desktop or iPhone, or is this what I would have to be stuck with? Thanks.

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #32 of 93
  So I tried contacting Qobuz about 3x on my issue but they never replied. I decided to create a new account with a different location. I used a vpn app on my mac book and even though I chose the UK on the app, I was given german unfortunately. Well that could also be seen as fortunate because I would be paying 19 Euros instead of pounds. However, navigating through the german interface is quite hard. With my previous model, It was in french but most important icons were in english. Is there any possible way to change the language on the desktop or iPhone, or is this what I would have to be stuck with? Thanks.

I have been using Qobuz for months now.  It was easy for me to sign up even though they are not officially in the US yet.  These are the steps that I was told to take for the sign up process.
;
1) Sign up at www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/follow-us#newsletters.  This gets you into their database. (Ignore if you read Qobuz is not available in your country)

2) Email, to support@qobuz.com and tell them you want to them to fully subscribe to Qobuz. They are very
responsive, and usually answer pretty quickly. I usually get responses within 24 hours.  But be sure you are in their database.

3) Use Google Chrome with Qobuz because Chrome's  translate feature works well. Remember to go into your account setting on Qobuz and select "default language" as the default language.

* Using Google Translate you can switch the language to any that you want.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #33 of 93

I have been using Qobuz for months now.  It was easy for me to sign up even though they are not officially in the US yet.  These are the steps that I was told to take for the sign up process.
;
1) Sign up at www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/follow-us#newsletters.  This gets you into their database. (Ignore if you read Qobuz is not available in your country)

2) Email, to support@qobuz.com and tell them you want to them to fully subscribe to Qobuz. They are very
responsive, and usually answer pretty quickly. I usually get responses within 24 hours.  But be sure you are in their database.

3) Use Google Chrome with Qobuz because Chrome's  translate feature works well. Remember to go into your account setting on Qobuz and select "default language" as the default language.

* Using Google Translate you can switch the language to any that you want.

Hi thanks,
The thing is, I'm already subscribed to the german qobuz. I'm able to use google translate on the website but not on the desktop app or iPhone. I was wondering if the languages for those could be changed somehow, even with google translate.  Thanks

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #34 of 93
The Qobuz language thing is a little absurd. I subscribe to their French service but would prefer an English interface. They say they have no way to change the language without changing the country they consider you to be in. So I asked them to change my account to Britain but they said that was not allowed because I paid for an annual subscription. Why can't they just offer a choice of languages on their web interface and standalone player? They already have the languages available. For what is now an international service this is ridiculous. Many subscribers have been asking for a "change language" option in Qobuz forums for a considerable time.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #35 of 93
Danny, I would email Qobuz, and have the switch to the language you prefer, or what language you what to switch it to.   Also see:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate-hotkey/lhfibdjmgcoeokogjlbikafjeplnajfp?hl=en 

In the upper right of the screen click "Free".  It is a hot key (short cut)  extension for Google Translate

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #36 of 93
Danny, I would email Qobuz, and have the switch to the language you prefer, or what language you what to switch it to.   Also see:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate-hotkey/lhfibdjmgcoeokogjlbikafjeplnajfp?hl=en 

In the upper right of the screen click "Free".  It is a hot key (short cut)  extension for Google Translate

See my post above. Unless things have changed they won't do it. But if you pay monthly perhaps you could cancel and start a new "British" subscrption instead of the "German" one.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #37 of 93
I'm forever on the lookout for a good classical music (no other genres required) music streaming service that's available in Belgium (Tidal's out for that reason) and took a look at Qobus but after a quick perusal it seems like Spotify premium offers a larger choice in classical instrumental music.

Trouble is that for classical music at least the Spotify interface is a disaster.  Currently also still have a subscription running with classicalarchives.com and they're not bad in terms of inventoried works but seem to be focussing on the cheaper editions.  

Guess I'll keep looking.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #38 of 93
I listen to mainly classicial on qobuz. The only issues I've encountered are sometimes the tracks are blanked out in qobuz and don't play - I'm guessing due to rights - whilst you can in spotify.
But that is few and far between, and I've had very few issues in not finding classical music I want.

I switched from Spotify due to not being able to organise playlists alphabetically, and the lack of the album view (as opposed to track view) of playlists.

I think tidal has a slightly better layout than spotify, but again no album view in playlists. It also lacked some classical music which were present both in spotify and qobuz (At least when I tried their trial at their launch, it may be different now)

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #39 of 93
  I listen to mainly classicial on qobuz. The only issues I've encountered are sometimes the tracks are blanked out in qobuz and don't play - I'm guessing due to rights - whilst you can in spotify.
But that is few and far between, and I've had very few issues in not finding classical music I want.

I switched from Spotify due to not being able to organise playlists alphabetically, and the lack of the album view (as opposed to track view) of playlists.

I think tidal has a slightly better layout than spotify, but again no album view in playlists. It also lacked some classical music which were present both in spotify and qobuz (At least when I tried their trial at their launch, it may be different now)

Just a quick example of what I mean about Qobuz / Spotify premium

European Union Baroque Orchestra shows 2 albums available in Qobuz ('A feast of music' and 'Baroque suites'); Spotify has those + the excellent 'Vivaldi 4 seasons and string concerti', 'Corelli's legacy', plus a couple of singles.

A search on  'Rachel Podger' on Qobuz yields the 'Perla barocca' album, on Spotify you also get the 'Guardian angel', 'Bach:  double and triple concertos', 'Bach:  Violin concertos', 'Bach:  the complete sonatas for violin and obbligato', 'Mozart:  complete sonatas for keyboard and violin',volumes 4,5 and 6, and last but certainly not least  'La Stravaganza' by Vivaldi.

But you're right, the interface is a disaster for classical music at least.

The above is just an example, perhaps it's different with other composers/artists but I didn't cherry-pick.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #40 of 93
  I'm forever on the lookout for a good classical music (no other genres required) music streaming service that's available in Belgium (Tidal's out for that reason) and took a look at Qobus but after a quick perusal it seems like Spotify premium offers a larger choice in classical instrumental music.

Trouble is that for classical music at least the Spotify interface is a disaster.  Currently also still have a subscription running with classicalarchives.com and they're not bad in terms of inventoried works but seem to be focussing on the cheaper editions.  

Guess I'll keep looking.

Just a reminder that Qobuz has a "Classical Music Only" subscription for a reduced price.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #41 of 93
Quote:

Just a quick example of what I mean about Qobuz / Spotify premium

European Union Baroque Orchestra shows 2 albums available in Qobuz ('A feast of music' and 'Baroque suites'); Spotify has those + the excellent 'Vivaldi 4 seasons and string concerti', 'Corelli's legacy', plus a couple of singles.

A search on  'Rachel Podger' on Qobuz yields the 'Perla barocca' album, on Spotify you also get the 'Guardian angel', 'Bach:  double and triple concertos', 'Bach:  Violin concertos', 'Bach:  the complete sonatas for violin and obbligato', 'Mozart:  complete sonatas for keyboard and violin',volumes 4,5 and 6, and last but certainly not least  'La Stravaganza' by Vivaldi.

But you're right, the interface is a disaster for classical music at least.

The above is just an example, perhaps it's different with other composers/artists but I didn't cherry-pick.

Spotify does definitely have a larger collection, and they have a larger more comprehensive rights coverage. It's something which I considered when switching, but ultimately I wanted the convenient user interface, as well as the cheaper price for me. I used to use both spotify and qobuz, but in the end I found I was not using the former anymore.

I'm finding that I can save money on subscription, and buy classical CDs/box sets which are huge bargains these days

Also it's worth searching for different terms, as the qobuz library classifications can be random sometimes. I managed to find a few of those records you mentioned. But it's a pain.

European Baroque Orchestra
Corelli's Legacy- Riccardo Masahide Minasi
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons & String Concerti - Lars Ulrik Mortensen
Peace & Celebration - Clare College Choir, Cambridge

Rachel Podger
J.S. Bach: Solo & Double Violin Concertos - Andrew Manze

I'd not heard Rachel Podger's recordings, so I shall give her records a listen!

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #43 of 93
I took out a sub to Qobuz paying for twelve months upfront. Let's hope their financial situation is ok.
Got to say I am impressed so far. Choice is not as wide as Spotify but it is pretty good.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #44 of 93
Hi, have been using Qubuz for the past 12 months, Monthly Sub. Just downloaded their new mobile interface and WOW! So much cleaner and easy to use.

Had to uninstall the the previous version from my phone and install the new one. (no big deal) For some reason Google Play will not update the new version unless you uninstall first. Or maybe i missed something! Anybody have the same experience?

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #45 of 93
Been using Qobuz and Tidal in recent times. Tidal has a great interface and it's easy to find new groups. The search engine is also always spot on.
That's my main gripe with Qobuz, the search engine is a mess. At least the stream is more stable than Tidal.
In conclusion I don't think I'll renew the sub for any of the services, I'll try again in a couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back