Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Dec 10, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #1,909 of 2,156
I've noticed on my Qobuz app on my Android phone, along the bottom task bar, on the "Offline Library" icon there is a little red dot, and it looks like a tiny "1" inside it and there is a down arrow constantly moving down over this icon. I have never used the Offline Library, did I inadvertently turn on downloading to my offline library? I cannot figure out how to turn this off.

Also, "My Weekly Q" never seems to include anything I've ever listened to, and doesn't even seem to follow my favorite genres. Is there any way to set Qobuz so the Weekly Q is more accurate, or increase better quality music discovery? Also, the Weekly Q lists only about 30 songs. Is there any way to increase the number of songs? It seems music discovery with Qobuz is fairly dismal, or I'm doing something wrong...

TIA

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #1,910 of 2,156
I've noticed on my Qobuz app on my Android phone, along the bottom task bar, on the "Offline Library" icon there is a little red dot, and it looks like a tiny "1" inside it and there is a down arrow constantly moving down over this icon. I have never used the Offline Library, did I inadvertently turn on downloading to my offline library? I cannot figure out how to turn this off.
The animated down arrow means it is currently downloading, and the "1" means there is one track remaining to be downloaded. If that indicator is always there, something got stuck while trying to download a track, or the UI animation didn't get turned off. Is it still there after you terminate the app (swipe it away in the task manager) and restart it?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #1,911 of 2,156
The animated down arrow means it is currently downloading, and the "1" means there is one track remaining to be downloaded. If that indicator is always there, something got stuck while trying to download a track, or the UI animation didn't get turned off. Is it still there after you terminate the app (swipe it away in the task manager) and restart it?f

Terminating the app in the task manager appears to have stopped it. Somehow I must have bumped "Import" at some point?

When I go to Offline Library nothing appears under Releases, Tracks, Playlists or Artists. So I guess nothing got imported, which is fine by me since I didn't intentionally initiate an import in the first place.

BTW, I cannot terminate or swipe away usb audio player pro in task manager. It seems to be stuck there. Any thoughts on that?

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #1,912 of 2,156
Terminating the app in the task manager appears to have stopped it. Somehow I must have bumped "Import" at some point?

When I go to Offline Library nothing appears under Releases, Tracks, Playlists or Artists. So I guess nothing got imported, which is fine by me since I didn't intentionally initiate an import in the first place.

BTW, I cannot terminate or swipe away usb audio player pro in task manager. It seems to be stuck there. Any thoughts on that?
Check your UAPP settings - Stop on task removal. Failing this, check your phones notifications settings for the UAPP App.

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #1,913 of 2,156
Check your UAPP settings - Stop on task removal. Failing this, check your phones notifications settings for the UAPP App.

Stop on task removal was enabled. UAPP is still open in the task manager.
In phone notification settings for UAPP what settings should I look for?
Notifications are blocked

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #1,914 of 2,156
I don't know what phone you have. You could download a pdf copy of your phone's user manual - it may shed some light?

Dec 12, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #1,915 of 2,156
I don't know what phone you have. You could download a pdf copy of your phone's user manual - it may shed some light?

Galaxy S22+, I may try to contact uapp as well.

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,916 of 2,156
Jan 1, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,919 of 2,156
on my free trial on qobuz. i hear better music than my current tidal subscription. Do you guys think the same? also is there any lyrics display on qobuz? I find it handy on my tidal
No lyrics in Qobuz native app as of now but software like Roon can display for Qobuz

Jan 3, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #1,920 of 2,156
Hi there

I'm hoping someone here can help me... I currently have subs for both Tidal and Qobuz.
I desperately want to like Qobuz but I really struggle with the app. Actually not the app, which is fine, but the searching.

Whenever I search for a track it almost never gives me what I want, either searching by artist, or track name. And forget ever searching for a soundtrack, all I get is curated soundtracks which sometimes are the original tracks just manually pulled together, but often as n

Look for "Guardians of the galaxy" and you get "Music inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy". This is one of the better ones but even that is wrong, e.g. has Elton John's Spirit in the Sky, not Norman Greenbaum. And why give me Elton John's track instead of Norman's when if I search for that manually it is available?
Equally often we can get covers that have nothing to do with the original tracks, or even instrumental/lift music.

Look for "Michael Jackson". The first hit is "the essential Michael Jackson". The second is "This is It". The third is some homage called "never say Goodbye" which is a Jazz pianists collection of MJ covers.

I appreciate people curating their own playlists but why does the app prioritise third-party stuff above the actual author, singles, albums and soundtracks that I'm looking for? Although it can make for entertaining albeit embarrassing party mixes it makes it impossible to find anything unless I am very lucky with my searches.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back