Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 21, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #1,771 of 2,161
Good problems to have, fellas. Qobuz is not available here after 3 years of idle threats...

Anybody who has a spare family plan slot for sale, shoot me a PM :)

A kind member offered to help, but the terms on the Qobuz site say they will cancel any accounts where IP addresses are not from the same street address. So, looks like this is a bad idea. EU is nothing but disadvantages. I haven't been able to use my goto shops in the UK. So, I vote for Czechxit :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #1,772 of 2,161
I so wish that Qobuz had a decent interface/search engine...But oh man Qobuz is a total mess on the artist pages.

The sound quality is excellent, even compared to Tidal, but Tidal is on another levlel when it comes to features/interface, though choices :/

Take the page for Motley Crue for example, on Tidal all their releases are sorted neatly into Albums, EP/Singles and even compilation albums, wereas on Qobuz is a total mess, there's even covers included....

The features on Qobuz are also either lacking or terrible (like the Weekly personalised playlist).

I wish there was streaming service that combined the feature set of Spotify (Imported library/remote play/algorithims, Tidal (UI/aesthetics/video library) and Qobuz (Sound quality)...

Customer support told me that these issues would be fixed very soon. I noticed an update today in the Android store and the changelog notes : 'Major app performance improvements'.
No idea what it means exactly but the searching/search results are still a mess. Still have to wait a little longer, I'm afraid.

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #1,773 of 2,161
Customer support told me that these issues would be fixed very soon. I noticed an update today in the Android store and the changelog notes : 'Major app performance improvements'.
No idea what it means exactly but the searching/search results are still a mess. Still have to wait a little longer, I'm afraid.
Great! After 1 month of Tidal I decided to go with Qobuz again...Hopefully we'll see some major improvements this year.

The sound quality is just too sweet,even compared with Tidal :)

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #1,774 of 2,161
This is how the new artist page will look like :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 11-01-00 Official Qobuz Issues Thread.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 11-01-00 Official Qobuz Issues Thread.png
    500 KB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #1,775 of 2,161
I so wish that Qobuz had a decent interface/search engine...But oh man Qobuz is a total mess on the artist pages.

The sound quality is excellent, even compared to Tidal, but Tidal is on another levlel when it comes to features/interface, though choices :/

Take the page for Motley Crue for example, on Tidal all their releases are sorted neatly into Albums, EP/Singles and even compilation albums, wereas on Qobuz is a total mess, there's even covers included....

The features on Qobuz are also either lacking or terrible (like the Weekly personalised playlist).

I wish there was streaming service that combined the feature set of Spotify (Imported library/remote play/algorithims, Tidal (UI/aesthetics/video library) and Qobuz (Sound quality)...
I use Qobuz Sublime to purchase music I want and have been more and more using Roon for UI/UX.

Feb 24, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #1,777 of 2,161
Just switched over from Spotify and WOW. Some albums sounded off to me on spotify and figured it was the mixing and mastering of the album, but nope it was just poorly compressed. More so than the obvious Hi-res sonic upgrades (percussion and clarity of softer sounds), was the much improved bass clarity on certain albums. I'm a little perplexed why this would be the case - the only thing I can think of is higher degree of harmonic preservation?

The only complaints I have is there is no volume matching between albums and the search sucks, as has already been discussed a million times. Worth the gripes, as I do not want to support MQA

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #1,778 of 2,161
Just switched over from Spotify and WOW. Some albums sounded off to me on spotify and figured it was the mixing and mastering of the album, but nope it was just poorly compressed. More so than the obvious Hi-res sonic upgrades (percussion and clarity of softer sounds), was the much improved bass clarity on certain albums. I'm a little perplexed why this would be the case - the only thing I can think of is higher degree of harmonic preservation?

The only complaints I have is there is no volume matching between albums and the search sucks, as has already been discussed a million times. Worth the gripes, as I do not want to support MQA
Please no volume matching. Thank you.
search will be improved, read above. Beginning of March. Hold your horses :wink:

Feb 24, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,780 of 2,161
Please no volume matching. Thank you.
search will be improved, read above. Beginning of March. Hold your horses :wink:
To clarify - I want the option of volume matching for background listening. If I'm focused on something else and listening at a low volume, I dont want to distracted by having to adjust volume all the time. No complaints when I'm more focused on the listening experience.

Feb 24, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,781 of 2,161
Mar 7, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #1,782 of 2,161
on the android app I am not able to open the PDF booklet.
With the desktop app no problem. Any suggestion?

I think it has to do with my files and media permission in the Qobuz app settings. But when I open them I can only allow media permission. Not file permission. Any suggestion?

EDIT : I bypassed Qobuz app in my blokada settings. Works now.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,785 of 2,161
I've been going back and forth between whether to stick with Amazon Music HD or go with Qobuz, and I am leaning quite a bit towards Qobuz, as long as most of what's in my library can also be found on Qobuz. Any thoughts on whether the extra money is worth it for the Sublime plan? I have had good experiences with the Qobuz store and the downloads are good quality, but my only hesitation is that I occasionally run into licensing restrictions in the US compared to Europe (e.g. a lot of S.O.S. Band's content isn't available in the US but is on the UK store).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back