Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 6, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #1,756 of 2,161
Also here's a couple pictures to show what I'm talking about
I forgot to say that I’m using the Asio driver from Qobuz to my Fiio K5 Pro.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #1,758 of 2,161
"Qobuz is not available in Czech Republic for the moment. As soon as it will be, we will communicate officially."

They have been telling me this for three years...

If any Qobuz reps are on this forum, maybe you could explain why a French (EU state) company excludes Czechs (also unfortunately EU state members)

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #1,760 of 2,161
I don't think Qobuz reps read Head-Fi. They are on the Audiophile Style forum:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/
Thanks. I remember somebody did post when it became available in America but I haven't seen him lately.

I finally got an acceptable explanation from Qobuz. They said the issue is that they have to work out deals with any distributors and agents in each country who already have music distribution rights. And that's why signing up from another country is something they have to try to prevent, because it would infringe on business agreements.

Feb 9, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #1,761 of 2,161
Is there any news on an update of their apps so you can sort releases on Album/EP/Singles ?
Now it is all mixed together which makes it very difficult to search and find what you are looking for. Would be great if you can make a selection based on type of release and on release year.

Feb 9, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,762 of 2,161
Is there any news on an update of their apps so you can sort releases on Album/EP/Singles ?
Nothing so far, still looking into albums just to see its one song actually. Press back and then the place holder you were at resets to the beginning, and you have to endlessly scroll once again to find where you just were.
I love my Qobuz, but they need some serious user experience enhancements.

Feb 9, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,763 of 2,161
I am trialing several streaming services with my new SR25. Tidal is out-MQA sounds "bad" to my ears, and I prefer my own V0 LAME MP3s in terms of true fidelity.

I am liking Deezer, but the gapless sometimes does a click noise that should not be there at all. Talking FLACs. Nothing should be audible. They should tackle it, and not be defensive about it (as in claiming the problem does not exist.)

Now was enjoying QOBUZ immensely this evening but I am unable to import albums for offline listening. Trial 12.99 subscription. I listen to a lots of classical as a violinist, but also a lot of non classical. The classical library seems pretty good so far-better or almost equal than the others. But this importing for offline listening issue is killing QOBUZ for me. Is it a bug or user error? And said "user error" is perhaps due to lack of clarity within the app? I was seriously considering QOBUZ, and now I only know I hate Tidal.

Anyone knows of this issue, or is this a regular stumbling block for newbies that has a hidden "simple" solution?

The arrow next to the heart is greyed out and non responsive. The import quality option on the three dots menu is also non responsive (you choose quality, but no importing happens.)

This is very different with the way offline albums are handled in Amazon HD, Deezer, and Tidal. Much easier, with a press of an icon. If anyone can help, please do.

Be well, and stay safe.
Oh my... Deezer still not gapless? That's pathetic. It was like that in 2019. 3 years later still not fixed. Big fail.

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #1,764 of 2,161
Nothing so far, still looking into albums just to see its one song actually. Press back and then the place holder you were at resets to the beginning, and you have to endlessly scroll once again to find where you just were.
I love my Qobuz, but they need some serious user experience enhancements.

Hold your horses!

Just received following reply from customer service :
We can assure you that we are currently in the final work of implementing new sorting features for our catalogue.
You will be able to see changes in regards to this very soon.

Very good news this!

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,765 of 2,161
Anyone having issues importing tracks today? Worked yesterday, today it just goes through the motion of importing to offline library but doesn't actually receive any data. Completes successfully, but no tracks.

Feb 20, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,767 of 2,161
Oh my... Deezer still not gapless? That's pathetic. It was like that in 2019. 3 years later still not fixed. Big fail.
I haven't noticed any gap issues. What's missing is bitperfect desktop support.

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #1,768 of 2,161
I have run Qobuz exclusively on Windows (10/11) until yesterday, when I tested Qobuz on an iPhone 11 witch the ligntning to USB3 adapter connected to my Fiio K5 Pro DAC/Amp. It worked without problems, CD quality up to HiRes 24/96

Feb 21, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #1,769 of 2,161
I so wish that Qobuz had a decent interface/search engine...But oh man Qobuz is a total mess on the artist pages.

The sound quality is excellent, even compared to Tidal, but Tidal is on another levlel when it comes to features/interface, though choices :/

Take the page for Motley Crue for example, on Tidal all their releases are sorted neatly into Albums, EP/Singles and even compilation albums, wereas on Qobuz is a total mess, there's even covers included....

The features on Qobuz are also either lacking or terrible (like the Weekly personalised playlist).

I wish there was streaming service that combined the feature set of Spotify (Imported library/remote play/algorithims, Tidal (UI/aesthetics/video library) and Qobuz (Sound quality)...

Attachments

• Qobuz.PNG
    Qobuz.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Tidal.PNG
    Tidal.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #1,770 of 2,161
The features on Qobuz are also either lacking or terrible (like the Weekly personalised playlist).
Yes, and it’s worse on classical records, where the entry point for searching is not only player but composer and composition as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back