Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #391 of 2,155
@David Solomon

I have had a Tidal subscription for months and since a few days I have a Qobuz trial account for 1 month.
The service is OK but I just have a question about some missing releases, specially in the EDM genre.
19 of my favorite albums on Tidal are NOT available on Qobuz. That is pretty disappointing for me.
I have sent an e-mail to customer service listing all the 19 albums, but besides some pretty standard reply I don't have the feeling any of the albums are going to be added to your catalogue.
I would appreciate it if you could take a close look at this list and let me know if and when these releases could be added.

To not spam the forum I will send the list of 19 albums in a private message. Thanks in advance!

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #392 of 2,155
@David Solomon

I have had a Tidal subscription for months and since a few days I have a Qobuz trial account for 1 month.
The service is OK but I just have a question about some missing releases, specially in the EDM genre.
19 of my favorite albums on Tidal are NOT available on Qobuz. That is pretty disappointing for me.
I have sent an e-mail to customer service listing all the 19 albums, but besides some pretty standard reply I don't have the feeling any of the albums are going to be added to your catalogue.
I would appreciate it if you could take a close look at this list and let me know if and when these releases could be added.

To not spam the forum I will send the list of 19 albums in a private message. Thanks in advance!
Send me the albums via pm. Am based in Europe and a Qobuz Studio member.

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #393 of 2,155
Send me the albums via pm. Am based in Europe and a Qobuz Studio member.

Thanks a lot voxie! PM send! Hope to hear from you soon.

Some other suggestions concerning the customer support :
Maybe it's an idea to send an automatic conffirmation via e-mail when the customer creates a ticket. Now you only get an e-mail when customer support replies to your ticket which can take a while.
Also when a reply is received all the content from the original request is gone. So when you have multiple tickets running you have no idea where the reply is aimed at. Very confusing at times.

Other question to Qobuz Hifi users : the famous audible watermark issue in Universal Music Group releases, is this also audible when streaming UMG releases on Qobuz?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #395 of 2,155
Other question to Qobuz Hifi users : the famous audible watermark issue in Universal Music Group releases, is this also audible when streaming UMG releases on Qobuz?
I posted earlier about it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/qobuz-lossless-streaming-service-thread.856101/page-26#post-14752580 (the album links might be different for you in Europe). So far, I have not heard watermarks on Qobuz.

Concerning missing music on Qobuz, mostly it is related to not having the entire music label. It is particularly noticeable in the US where Qobuz is still in beta. To stream in the US, they have to update their agreements with every music label, and they are still in the process. For example, Alia Vox recordings are available on Qobuz Europe but not yet in the US.

The biggest problem I have with Qobuz is their software, which is more buggy than Tidal and Spotify. The Windows app in particular is barely usable.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #396 of 2,155
@David Solomon

I understand that US beta subscribers were warned, upon signing up, that not all recordings are yet available in the beta service. Is this the case?

Feb 5, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #400 of 2,155
I have just transferred my main playlist of 99 tracks from Tidal to Qobuz and 11 failed to be found at Qobuz. Some of those 11 are because the Qobuz release is different to the Tidal release. That was an eclectic mix of rock, pop, classical, jazz. For my "playlist" (really a folder or record of works) of 59 classical works, I was surprised that all of them (from Tidal) were found (at Qobuz).

I guess this is not unexpected, given that Qobuz has a reputation for classical & jazz.

This is for an account in Britain.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #401 of 2,155
I am using Qobuz on a MacBook Pro and haven't had any issues that apparently some windows users are having as far as being buggy. Its been rock solid. As far as sound quality , I was a Tidal subscriber and still a Spotify subscriber, and to my ears Qobuz has them both beat. I am also noticing quite a few of my favorites as far as artist are missing but I know they are in beta and it will take time. Vey happy with Qobuz so far.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #402 of 2,155
Many Windows 10 users are having problems with the Qobuz app, usually stuttering, ticks and pops or dropouts. Often after playing for ten minutes or so sound becomes distorted requiring a restart of the app. My solution was to buy Audirvana+ ($75) and use that player to stream Qobuz. In comparison the Tidal app is stable, but on my system Qobuz sound quality is better. Since Audirvana+ plays Qobuz without problems there are still bugs in the app.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #403 of 2,155
Many Windows 10 users are having problems with the Qobuz app, usually stuttering, ticks and pops or dropouts. Often after playing for ten minutes or so sound becomes distorted requiring a restart of the app. My solution was to buy Audirvana+ ($75) and use that player to stream Qobuz. In comparison the Tidal app is stable, but on my system Qobuz sound quality is better. Since Audirvana+ plays Qobuz without problems there are still bugs in the app.

I use Qobuz via Audirvana w Mac and Qobuz app for iPhone.

Both run thru Hugo 2.

Fabulous sound quality.

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #404 of 2,155
I am using Qobuz on a MacBook Pro and haven't had any issues that apparently some windows users are having as far as being buggy.
Yes, the desktop Mac app runs much better than the Windows app. The Windows app actually got worse during the last couple of months.

Many Windows 10 users are having problems with the Qobuz app, usually stuttering, ticks and pops or dropouts.
One of the strangest problems I experienced is when I paused playback in the middle of a track and came back later and resumed it. A few times in the past two weeks, it started to play two streams simultaneously — the stream resuming from before, and a second stream simultaneously playing from the start of the track. Very weird effect.

While music is playing, the Windows app is very laggy and unresponsive if you try to interact with it (such as search or browse the catalog). When you click or scroll, it may take several seconds before responding. It wasn't doing this a couple of months ago, when I was using a preview Qobuz account (before the launch of Qobuz US beta). Speaking as a software engineer, it's behaving as though it's running computational tasks in the UI thread that instead should be executing in a background thread, and the UI is blocked from updating responsively. This is a basic programming error.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #405 of 2,155
My two-month Qobuz trial period ended a couple of weeks ago. I assumed Qobuz would just delete the trial account but that didn't happen. I can still log in. My account appears to be limited to 320k playback. I'm not able to upgrade until Qobuz officially launches, which makes sense. I've tried listening at 320k and have found that the Windows 10 desktop client is not stable, at least on my machine. Playback sometimes just stops. Other times a track will stop playing before finishing and the next track will start. I'm only mentioning it because it's gotten worse recently. I've gone back to Tidal and will probably stay with them. Still, I'm sure Qobuz will eventually launch in the US and provide a great product. For those of you in the beta, enjoy Qobuz. I still think the sound quality bettered that of Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back