Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Apr 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,216 of 2,156
Just tag @dmackta with your request here. Often his reply has been that they've already contracted for what we want, and are just waiting on the label to deliver.

Thanks. So @dmackta, can you help me out please? I'm trying to standardise on Qobuz but it's proving difficult at the moment due too many songs missing as I transfer my TIDAL playlists over. I prefer Qobuz for the sound quality, and there are more Hi-Res tracks so that's a bonus. What I would like is a way to suggest songs to add to the Qobuz catalogue to save myself from having to buy so many CDs to plug the gaps.

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #1,217 of 2,156
Thanks. So @dmackta, can you help me out please? I'm trying to standardise on Qobuz but it's proving difficult at the moment due too many songs missing as I transfer my TIDAL playlists over. I prefer Qobuz for the sound quality, and there are more Hi-Res tracks so that's a bonus. What I would like is a way to suggest songs to add to the Qobuz catalogue to save myself from having to buy so many CDs to plug the gaps.

I suggest you post your specific requests to @dmackta here. Another way to do this is e-mail Qobuz Support via their contact link after logging into the website. But It's always more interesting for us to see here what people want and what the latest status is.

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #1,218 of 2,156
I’ve had hirez Qobuz for about a year and I had Tidal for several years up until December 2019. I like the SQ of Qobuz better than Tidal. However, I’ve had a few issues with just a handful of albums only playing the first 29 seconds of each song. I know 2 albums like that and I’m sure there are more. The 2 albums are Bob Dylan’s More Blood, More Tracks and Yes Steven Wilson’s remixes. Can anyone try playing those albums and tell me whether they have the same issue? I use an Aurender N100H to stream to my Bryson BDA3 DAC. I don’t know if this is a Qobuz issue or my system has an issue. I can play other Bob Dylan HR and Yes HR albums without issues. I’m new to this thread so I’m sorry if this is a known issue that’s been discussed before.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,219 of 2,156
I’ve had hirez Qobuz for about a year and I had Tidal for several years up until December 2019. I like the SQ of Qobuz better than Tidal. However, I’ve had a few issues with just a handful of albums only playing the first 29 seconds of each song. I know 2 albums like that and I’m sure there are more. The 2 albums are Bob Dylan’s More Blood, More Tracks and Yes Steven Wilson’s remixes. Can anyone try playing those albums and tell me whether they have the same issue? I use an Aurender N100H to stream to my Bryson BDA3 DAC. I don’t know if this is a Qobuz issue or my system has an issue. I can play other Bob Dylan HR and Yes HR albums without issues. I’m new to this thread so I’m sorry if this is a known issue that’s been discussed before.

That happens when the album is only available for download. Then only a 30-second low-res sample is available for streaming. The tip-off is the track names are in gray text; but they really ought to make this more obvious.

I checked the Dylan album and found exactly that. I see a note saying the hi-res version is only available for download, but Qobuz hasn't yet added any indication that something isn't available for streaming at all.

Not sure I found the correct Yes album. This one streams OK for me: https://open.qobuz.com/album/jk0rk3rt662tb But the Dylan album is definitely doing the 30-second sample thing... which actually does look like 29 seconds here too. (29 seconds? Hey! That's adding insult to injury, lol.)

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,220 of 2,156
It says "Hi-Res version only available in download", which means that the artist or record label does not allow Qobuz to stream the music. Qobuz-speak for "download" means you must purchase and download the music.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.22.09 PM.png

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,221 of 2,156
That happens when the album is only available for download. Then only a 30-second low-res sample is available for streaming. The tip-off is the track names are in gray text; but they really ought to make this more obvious.

I checked the Dylan album and found exactly that. I see a note saying the hi-res version is only available for download, but Qobuz hasn't yet added any indication that something isn't available for streaming at all.

Not sure I found the correct Yes album. This one streams OK for me: https://open.qobuz.com/album/jk0rk3rt662tb But the Dylan album is definitely doing the 30-second sample thing... which actually does look like 29 seconds here too. (29 seconds? Hey! That's adding insult to injury, lol.)
I just tried again the YES - Steven Wilson remixes and it only played 29 second of each song on my Aurender N100H. I tried the same YES album on my iPhone using the Qobuz app and it would only allow 29 second samples. On my phone app, it listed the tracks as SAMPLES so I get what you mean by only downloads are available. I'm surprised that the YES (Steven Wilson remixes) streamed well for you. I know my subscription is up to date because I can play other hirez albums in their entirety. Thanks for checking this issue out.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,222 of 2,156
It says "Hi-Res version only available in download", which means that the artist or record label does not allow Qobuz to stream the music. Qobuz-speak for "download" means you must purchase and download the music.

AH! My Aurender Conductor app doesn't display the download only note. I wish it did then I would know not to try to stream it. Thanks

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #1,224 of 2,156

AH! My Aurender Conductor app doesn't display the download only note. I wish it did then I would know not to try to stream it. Thanks

It will also say that when streaming is available at a lower resolution. A track name in gray text is the only visual indication that it will stream 30-second samples.

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #1,225 of 2,156
I just tried again the YES - Steven Wilson remixes and it only played 29 second of each song on my Aurender N100H. I tried the same YES album on my iPhone using the Qobuz app and it would only allow 29 second samples. On my phone app, it listed the tracks as SAMPLES so I get what you mean by only downloads are available. I'm surprised that the YES (Steven Wilson remixes) streamed well for you. I know my subscription is up to date because I can play other hirez albums in their entirety. Thanks for checking this issue out.

Your profile says we're in the same country, so if I had the same version of that album then I don't understand why I can stream it and you can't. At least the Dylan album was consistent.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #1,226 of 2,156
My iPhone with the Qobuz app shows only 29s samples of the tracks on YES (Steven Wilson remixes) album. My Aurender plays only samples too. I’m in Michigan. Both my iPhone and Aurender can play the other Yes albums (Aurender in hirez and iPhone in CD quality). I’m not sure why it plays for you and not for me.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #1,227 of 2,156
My Conductor app on my iPad for Aurender music servers doesn’t distinguish between download only albums or tracks and ones that can be streamed. The track names are all the same color on my app.

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,228 of 2,156
Your profile says we're in the same country, so if I had the same version of that album then I don't understand why I can stream it and you can't. At least the Dylan album was consistent.
It must be that you have super powers that us mortals don’t have.

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #1,230 of 2,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back