Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #1,126 of 2,156
Pretty new to Qobuz. It's been great until today when I started to get some errors telling me songs are "impossible to play". This only happens for certain offline "imported songs" and seems to only happen for specific albums (for example, this happens with Ed Sheeran's No. 6 Collaborations Project for multiple songs). I tried removing songs and album from the offline library, deleting all songs/cache, deleting/reinstalling the app, clearing app cache/data, etc. and this happened on two different phones. I am using Android 9 (Galaxy S9). The songs play fine when removed from the offline library (streamed via both Qobuz app and UAPP). Other songs work fine when imported for offline listening.

Is there something else I should try or is it just a problem on their end?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #1,127 of 2,156
Pretty new to Qobuz. It's been great until today when I started to get some errors telling me songs are "impossible to play". This only happens for certain offline "imported songs" and seems to only happen for specific albums (for example, this happens with Ed Sheeran's No. 6 Collaborations Project for multiple songs). I tried removing songs and album from the offline library, deleting all songs/cache, deleting/reinstalling the app, clearing app cache/data, etc. and this happened on two different phones. I am using Android 9 (Galaxy S9). The songs play fine when removed from the offline library (streamed via both Qobuz app and UAPP). Other songs work fine when imported for offline listening.

I don't have a solve for you but I suspect it's on their end. The Android app is... bad, to say the least. Try the desktop app just to compare and see if your problem persists. Good luck!

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #1,128 of 2,156
I don't have a solve for you but I suspect it's on their end. The Android app is... bad, to say the least. Try the desktop app just to compare and see if your problem persists. Good luck!

Thanks. It did work fine on the Windows desktop app so I'm guessing it is the Android app not playing nice with something I submitted a ticket but if I dont hear back I'll probably just remove the songs so I dont have to keep taking my phone out to restart the music They really need to revamp their apps Even trying to enable exclusive mode felt like a guessing game because everything said headphone or speakers.

Someone else mentioned duplicate songs on playlists and other services having a warning to help avoid this so I just want to second that. This was one of the first annoying things I noticed. Hopefully they fix that as well

Rant over for now...

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #1,129 of 2,156

I'm on Android and have had this issue crop up. I tried to screenshot that "It's impossible to play this track" message but the pop up disappears too quickly. I haven't had this particular problem this week but have experienced other irregularities with streams on Android. In UAPP streams can take a few seconds to start and UAPP reports Async messages occasionally. Then I have a Qobuz issue that affects even the official app where streams will pause themself. It's almost like the music gets 'stuck'. Usually I can restart the stream by tapping play. Other times it's so messed up I have to restart the app. Qobuz has kinks in their streaming service. That said I still like the service.

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #1,130 of 2,156
I'm on Android and have had this issue crop up. I tried to screenshot that "It's impossible to play this track" message but the pop up disappears too quickly. I haven't had this particular problem this week but have experienced other irregularities with streams on Android. In UAPP streams can take a few seconds to start and UAPP reports Async messages occasionally. Then I have a Qobuz issue that affects even the official app where streams will pause themself. It's almost like the music gets 'stuck'. Usually I can restart the stream by tapping play. Other times it's so messed up I have to restart the app. Qobuz has kinks in their streaming service. That said I still like the service.

I took a closer look at the files and it seems like it is an issue with their database. The files are tagged as 24/44.1 and kept downloading as either 24/44.1 or 24/96 (which doesn't make any sense). When deleted from my offline library, I noticed the songs were only streaming in 16/44.1 even though the album is marked as hires 24/44.1. I deleted the offline versions and forced the import at CD quality instead of hires and I was able to get it to work. If others have this issue, definitely worth taking a closer look at what the song actually streams at since it looks like the track info is not always reliable.

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #1,131 of 2,156
I took a closer look at the files and it seems like it is an issue with their database. The files are tagged as 24/44.1 and kept downloading as either 24/44.1 or 24/96 (which doesn't make any sense). When deleted from my offline library, I noticed the songs were only streaming in 16/44.1 even though the album is marked as hires 24/44.1. I deleted the offline versions and forced the import at CD quality instead of hires and I was able to get it to work. If others have this issue, definitely worth taking a closer look at what the song actually streams at since it looks like the track info is not always reliable.

Glad you found a solution. Offline importing mostly eliminates the playback problems I have experienced.

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,132 of 2,156

I also started having issues since last Friday. I had replaced the microsd card in my fiio M11 and had related play back issue to a complete reimport of my offline library.
Cause of those issues I found this thread and confirm having comparable behavior.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #1,133 of 2,156
I also started having issues since last Friday. I had replaced the microsd card in my fiio M11 and had related play back issue to a complete reimport of my offline library.
Cause of those issues I found this thread and confirm having comparable behavior.
Yep, happening here too. App has become sluggish. Lots of releases won't play. Can't import anything. Am reluctant to reimport everything... But may have to. Such a buggy app. Thanks the lord for Uapp.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #1,134 of 2,156
Saw JayZ sit during our National Anthem during the Superbowl and thought I'd pull away from Tidal. Went to Qobuz, subscribed, imported playlists of which I could and started hammering out albums to add. So many, many, many missing titles. I unsubscribed inside of two hours. Just can't do it. Love the SQ. Love the interface. Just can't get myself to give up some of my favorite albums, playlists, and discovery. Maybe Deezer?

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,135 of 2,156
The importing an hook up issues seems to be related to the micro sd card, I was using since the weekend. I bought two microsd card of 256GB (brand huwaei) which both resulted in cyclic redundancy error after having moved the already imported music; my dap has 2 micro sd slots. Placing a 64 GB card and since I haven't noticed an issue. The two failing micro sd cards meanwhile are sent back.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #1,136 of 2,156
Saw JayZ sit during our National Anthem during the Superbowl and thought I'd pull away from Tidal. Went to Qobuz, subscribed, imported playlists of which I could and started hammering out albums to add. So many, many, many missing titles. I unsubscribed inside of two hours. Just can't do it. Love the SQ. Love the interface. Just can't get myself to give up some of my favorite albums, playlists, and discovery. Maybe Deezer?

Try Deezer Hi Fi. Big catalog in Flac with a more polished app than either Tidal or Qobuz. Deezer is offering a 90 day trial.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #1,137 of 2,156
Yep, happening here too. App has become sluggish. Lots of releases won't play. Can't import anything. Am reluctant to reimport everything... But may have to. Such a buggy app. Thanks the lord for Uapp.

UAPP funtions well as a front head for Qobuz but it lacks filtering in the 'Discovery' tab and doesn't port over the PDF album booklets.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,139 of 2,156
Try Deezer Hi Fi. Big catalog in Flac with a more polished app than either Tidal or Qobuz. Deezer is offering a 90 day trial.
I will try it. I really like Tidal and think it sounds good. Been playing with Qobuz since I paid for a month and it's sounding too bright for me it seems. I don't know, whole thing such a time vacuum. Maybe I try Deezer and see how it goes.

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,140 of 2,156
Here's a recent What HiFi article interview with Benoît Rébus, Qobuz's Head of Global Innovation and Partnerships...

https://www.whathifi.com/features/qobuz-ceo-talks-amazon-music-hd-3d-audio-new-features-and-more

Rébus says Qobuz is developing an in house AI algo for music recommendations while still continuing to use human curated selections.

Qobuz is eliminating the HiFi lossless tier worldwide and will settle on only Hi Res and Hi Res+Downloads plans.

Rébus acknowledged the holes in their catalog that some people here complain about but he says Qobuz doesn't want to cater to pop music. He also said that Qobuz is unlikely to embrace Sony 3D music if it remains centered around pop stars like Drake.

Rébus seemed to imply that $15 is now the standard price for Qobuz's Studio plan. So the promotion that was set to end in January is now the new going price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back