Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #571 of 2,150
I've been listening to the Eagles Hotel California the Hi-Res version and this one sounds better than the album which I also own & bought way back in 1976, who ever does these remasters sure does a good job. I know all the gear today is so much more revealing, Qobuz really brings the quality I'm not sure a streaming service can get much better just excellent sounding..

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #572 of 2,150
I was trying to free up some storage on my IPad and noticed the Quboz app is taking up 11gb. I haven’t downloaded any music for offline listening and my off line library shows nothing. How can the app take up that much memory if I’m only streaming? Or when you favorite an artist does it somehow download their material? Thanks

Mar 17, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #573 of 2,150
As an experiment I downloaded one track and sure enough it shows up in my offline library. I tried to remove it by clicking remove from offline library but it doesn’t delete. It still shows up in the offline library. Is this a glitch?

Mar 17, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #574 of 2,150
I was trying to free up some storage on my IPad and noticed the Quboz app is taking up 11gb. I haven’t downloaded any music for offline listening and my off line library shows nothing. How can the app take up that much memory if I’m only streaming? Or when you favorite an artist does it somehow download their material? Thanks
I’d try going to My Qobuz, gears icon on the top right, storage, and then manage cache size and/or delete music stored in cache

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #575 of 2,150
Somebody posted in this Thread that Apple Devices couldn’t stream anything higher than 24/96. That is incorrect, with the latest Camera Kit, feeding my Hugo 2, I’m playing Muddy Waters, “Real Folk Singer,” in 24/192, and it sounds damn good!

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #576 of 2,150
Somebody posted in this Thread that Apple Devices couldn’t stream anything higher than 24/96. That is incorrect, with the latest Camera Kit, feeding my Hugo 2, I’m playing Muddy Waters, “Real Folk Singer,” in 24/192, and it sounds damn good!

I also get 24/196 out of my iPad Pro which has the usb c connection vs lightening.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #577 of 2,150
I also get 24/196 out of my iPad Pro which has the usb c connection vs lightening.

Yeah, I’m using the new Camera Dongle, sounds fantastic!

Mar 18, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #578 of 2,150
Yeah, I’m using the new Camera Dongle, sounds fantastic!
I was not aware about this perceived limitation. I was using Tidal and since I didn't have MQA certified hardware so unfolding was done at the software level and the max sample rate was 24/96khz.
Now I have moved to Qobuz but most of my listening been done through desktop rig using MacBook Pro. Will try out tonight and report back. I have the IPhone 7Plus, Ipad 2018 and camera dongle that I bough in early 2016 when I got my Mojo.
Just realized I never played 24/192Khz file. Max sample rate I have in my local library is 24/96Khz albums I got from HDTracks. But thanks to Qobuz I can stream 24/192 files.

Mar 18, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #579 of 2,150
Well I am trying out Qobuz against Tidal MQA which has been my go to for some time (well regular lossless until the app was updated) - I am using a Pioneer XDP100R and downloaded the Qobuz app - signed up for a trial and anytime I attempt to play a 24/192 file I get a "it's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track" message. Rather frustrating. It plays fine at 22/96 and the hardware is up to the task for 192... I've checked that the Qobuz settings are via wifi at up to 192, and looked for anything else that might be preventing proper playback but no luck.

Anyone else having issues like this with the Android app?

Mar 18, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #580 of 2,150
Well I am trying out Qobuz against Tidal MQA which has been my go to for some time (well regular lossless until the app was updated) - I am using a Pioneer XDP100R and downloaded the Qobuz app - signed up for a trial and anytime I attempt to play a 24/192 file I get a "it's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track" message. Rather frustrating. It plays fine at 22/96 and the hardware is up to the task for 192... I've checked that the Qobuz settings are via wifi at up to 192, and looked for anything else that might be preventing proper playback but no luck.

I can play 24/192 but in my laptop using Qobuz through Roon and Audirvana. Never tried directly using Qobuz app. May be try some other album with same sample rate.

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #581 of 2,150
I can play 24/192 but in my laptop using Qobuz through Roon and Audirvana. Never tried directly using Qobuz app. May be try some other album with same sample rate.

Sadly - the only other 24/192 album I could find easily also displays the same message... very peculiar...

They both play fine on my iphone Xs using the app however - but I was hoping to use the native DAC on the Pioneer to get better quality than the dongle (although I keep reading it is ridiculously good for a $9 converter still it seems unclear what resolution it supports and since I have the Pioneer I'd rather not spend $$ on an iPhone specific DAC...)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #582 of 2,150
The 24/192 recording I’ve been playing is Muddy Waters “Folk Singer,” using the new Apple Camera Kit (the one where you can charge it while playing music). My Hugo 2 is lighting up as 192, off of my iPhone and iPad Pro.

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #583 of 2,150

The 24/192 recording I’ve been playing is Muddy Waters “Folk Singer,” using the new Apple Camera Kit (the one where you can charge it while playing music). My Hugo 2 is lighting up as 192, off of my iPhone and iPad Pro.
I am Also able to pass 24/192 through Qobuz app in iphone and ipad using camera connecting dongle to Mojo

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #584 of 2,150
Sadly - the only other 24/192 album I could find easily also displays the same message... very peculiar...

They both play fine on my iphone Xs using the app however - but I was hoping to use the native DAC on the Pioneer to get better quality than the dongle (although I keep reading it is ridiculously good for a $9 converter still it seems unclear what resolution it supports and since I have the Pioneer I'd rather not spend $$ on an iPhone specific DAC...)
Ok we can try few things. First close all other apps open in the DAP.

1. download a song in 24/192khz in Qobuz app first and try to play it.
2. Check if you have some DSP on like upsampling etc. If yes, switch the DSP off.
3. Connect the DAP to some external DAC thru USB and check if you are able to play it.
4. If nothing works try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Let me know if it works.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #585 of 2,150
Ok we can try few things. First close all other apps open in the DAP.

1. download a song in 24/192khz in Qobuz app first and try to play it.
2. Check if you have some DSP on like upsampling etc. If yes, switch the DSP off.
3. Connect the DAP to some external DAC thru USB and check if you are able to play it.
4. If nothing works try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the tips! I downloaded a song and it won't play (so streaming v. downloading makes no difference).

I don't think I have any DSP on but will check and will have to acquire a DAC to test it that way (need one anyway just hard to figure out which one!)...

I'll circle back when I've at least checked DSP settings...

Thanks again. (I have reached out to Qoboz directly but am familiar with their slowness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back