Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 19, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #511 of 2,156
I don't mind few bucks, but the absence of responsibility from their side drives me angry. Even if they refund, I doubt they will stop selling this fake FLAC (won't be surprised if there is more out there).

It's been reported that they do continue to sell such downloads. But if they could get better replacements from the label, I'm sure they would.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #512 of 2,156
It's been reported that they do continue to sell such downloads. But if they could get better replacements from the label, I'm sure they would.
If they would honestly sell it as mp3 192kbit/s I wouldn't complain. But one cannot sell potatoes as oranges until supplier provides a better replacement..

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #514 of 2,156
I have a friend who works as an aircraft pilot and obviously travels all the time, he says facing issues in some countries. He can't connect to Qobuz because it's not available in that country, he is on their most premium subscription and can't even enjoy it.

Within all streaming service providers, only Deezer and Apple Music seems to work everywhere, why Tidal, Spotify and Qobuz don't allow connection to their customers abroad?

I've now had as far as I know all of the streaming services available in the US and Have been waiting for full access to Qobuz for years .

But I am really surprised how many People around here have no clue Deezer exists .
I have 6 accounts at 320kb/s.
And the single Lossless for me and in the beginning they were a bit behind Spotify in content,

But the app be it on my portable streaming devices , pc or Mac. Is easily better than all others.

I hated tidal but Really hope Qobuz takes a good look at Deezers interface because if it can become even close to Deezer in content and usability plus give the option of buying High Resolution tracks.

Then it will be the best of both worlds because streaming is fine but I like to own my music if it is Vinyl , CD or Digital

Since Deezer is in more country's than any other service although I rarely travel farther than my Harley Davidson will go it seems if the two merged they could remove Spotify as the largest streaming service .

If I traveled much Deezer would be what I would have because I have friend's from all over that use Deezer but let's face it they are different types of services the highest Quality Deezer offers is lossless so you can not buy high rez tracks

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #515 of 2,156
I've now had as far as I know all of the streaming services available in the US and Have been waiting for full access to Qobuz for years .

But I am really surprised how many People around here have no clue Deezer exists .
I have 6 accounts at 320kb/s.
And the single Lossless for me and in the beginning they were a bit behind Spotify in content,

But the app be it on my portable streaming devices , pc or Mac. Is easily better than all others.

I hated tidal but Really hope Qobuz takes a good look at Deezers interface because if it can become even close to Deezer in content and usability plus give the option of buying High Resolution tracks.

Then it will be the best of both worlds because streaming is fine but I like to own my music if it is Vinyl , CD or Digital

Since Deezer is in more country's than any other service although I rarely travel farther than my Harley Davidson will go it seems if the two merged they could remove Spotify as the largest streaming service .

If I traveled much Deezer would be what I would have because I have friend's from all over that use Deezer but let's face it they are different types of services the highest Quality Deezer offers is lossless so you can not buy high rez tracks

They have no clue Deezer exists because well, it's just a bad streaming service. A streaming service with no gapless playback should be ignored by any music lover. And no, dear customer support, the crossfade function doesn't do the same thing...

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #516 of 2,156
Hi Guys, just started using Qobuz on the 13th. Using desktop app to sony receiver via opt S/PDIF into vintage JBL studio monitors. I've had Tidal for some time, but even with the catalog limitations I'm definitely keeping this service when the free trial expires. Probably keep both for a while as I'm using Tidal to generate playlists and converting them to Qobuz via soundiiz. Truly glad to get away from MQA though, there is simply no need to compress music in this day and age - even if it does supposedly bring back full res when played. Not to mention the cash outlay for MQA compatible gear rubbed me the wrong way.

I signed up for Studio specifically for HiRes and I do have one account question. Will I need a card that permits international purchases to pay for the service? By default my bank doesn't allow international purchases without prior notice, in person no less, which I did before I signed up (just in case) but I don't want to have to tell them to allow it every month. Seems like they'd have a way to allow a single intl payment every month but they don't. I'll get a different account if needed but I need to know if I have to go to the trouble.

Is anyone else having problems with the Windows desktop app? Once a day or so mine stops accepting input, it keeps on playing but clicking on anything doesn't work. Exiting, restarting the app, and clearing the cache clears the problem up most times. Occasionally I also have to reboot my system. It doesn't screw up any more than Tidal's desktop app did though.

All in all my only real complaint is the lack of artists/releases but they say they're working on that. So far all I've really missed is some stuff by Triumph, Alan Parsons Tales of Mystery and Imagination, and a couple of Styx albums. No huge gaps in any genre I listen too.

Glad to be part of the community, Y'all have a great day!

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #517 of 2,156
They have no clue Deezer exists because well, it's just a bad streaming service. A streaming service with no gapless playback should be ignored by any music lover. And no, dear customer support, the crossfade function doesn't do the same thing...
That would be a problem but I download all of the albums I listen to and it is gapless if it's on your device

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #518 of 2,156
That would be a problem but I download all of the albums I listen to and it is gapless if it's on your device

It is gapless only on IOS, but this feature isn't available yet for Android users. Everytime I ask when, they always reply that they are working on it (I'm a Deezer subscriber since more than 3 years)

My main issues with Deezer are :
1. The sound quality, that I found to be worst than Spotify and Apple Music
2. Too much cover versions in their catalogue

Gapless is important for a full album playback, but I mostly use playlists

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #519 of 2,156
Is anyone else having problems with the Windows desktop app? Once a day or so mine stops accepting input, it keeps on playing but clicking on anything doesn't work. Exiting, restarting the app, and clearing the cache clears the problem up most times. Occasionally I also have to reboot my system. It doesn't screw up any more than Tidal's desktop app did though.
IMO, the Windows desktop app is a bit of a disaster at the moment. Having to reboot your system is ridiculous and unacceptable. I had another Qobuz preview trial account last year, and the Windows app was working much better back then, compared to now. The Qobuz Mac desktop app also works much better than the Windows version. My personal experience is that Tidal's desktop app is much more reliable than Qobuz's app.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #521 of 2,156
Will I need a card that permits international purchases to pay for the service? By default my bank doesn't allow international purchases without prior notice, in person no less, which I did before I signed up (just in case) but I don't want to have to tell them to allow it every month. Seems like they'd have a way to allow a single intl payment every month but they don't. I'll get a different account if needed but I need to know if I have to go to the trouble.

I haven't been billed yet so don't know if they are using a US payment service, but if they do rely on international payment processing then a way to avoid issues with your card would be to use a PayPal account. PayPal can withdraw payments directly from your bank account or from your card if permitted.

The Qobuz USA product manager has promised the next Windows app update will focus on performance issues. My fingers are crossed here!

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #522 of 2,156
The Qobuz USA product manager has promised the next Windows app update will focus on performance issues. My fingers are crossed here!
I can confirm that with Qobuz in Roon, there are ZERO performance issues. :)

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #524 of 2,156
No, it is not. See reply of afreekindazone
I have a complete copy ion my hard drive with no stop between tracks is that not gapless ? All songs playing with no stops between tracks ?
I timed pink Floyd the wall by playing it on my phone while playing my Flac copy which is only one file so there is absolutely no stop between the songs because it is only 1 file and they finished at virtually the same time .
I think that is as gapless as it gets

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #525 of 2,156
I have a complete copy ion my hard drive with no stop between tracks is that not gapless ? All songs playing with no stops between tracks ?
I timed pink Floyd the wall by playing it on my phone while playing my Flac copy which is only one file so there is absolutely no stop between the songs because it is only 1 file and they finished at virtually the same time .
I think that is as gapless as it gets

I am NOT going in the whole gapless playback debate here again.
But I know for a fact that the Android Deezer app does NOT support gapless playback, even if you make it available for download/offline listening.
I tested it myself just a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back