QLS QA361 impression thread
Jun 30, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #196 of 325
I'm interested to know how you'd connect a linear PSU to the QA361; I assume it would have to be via USB, in which case, is it charging at the same time? Does the QA361 have the capability to operate while its battery's being charged?

Jun 30, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #197 of 325
I'm interested to know how you'd connect a linear PSU to the QA361; I assume it would have to be via USB, in which case, is it charging at the same time? Does the QA361 have the capability to operate while its battery's being charged?
You have to disable the continuous charge feature which basically will only allow battery usage if the USB power source falls below what is required for QA361 to function.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #199 of 325
My review of the QLS QA361 is live now! I'm absolutely in love with the sound of this minimalistic DAP that has no touch screen and uses physical buttons, but which sounds much better than you expect it to!~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/07/the-gentle-flagship-performer-qls-qa361-dap.html

QLS-QA361-QA-361-DAP-Portable-Music-Player-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-13.jpg

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #200 of 325
thanks for the review! I used to own it for a few days but couldn't (at that time at least) find a proper synergy in order to justify the bought....

Using nowaday an Opus #3, I still wonder if it is that far in terms of performance (and reading back your review, it shouldn't, correct?) :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #201 of 325
thanks for the review! I used to own it for a few days but couldn't (at that time at least) find a proper synergy in order to justify the bought....

Using nowaday an Opus #3, I still wonder if it is that far in terms of performance (and reading back your review, it shouldn't, correct?) :)
I have had nothing but great synergy with the QA361. What are you trying to pair with it?

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #202 of 325
Hi, I'd Say mainly using earbuds nowadays, like Blur coaxial and sometimes IEMs like it04!

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #203 of 325
I always rotate my dap and QA361 is the dap I return to the most as it is my current reference. It does so many things, and it does it so well. However one thing that I struggle with it is the tonality of its instrument. God at time it is too laid back, because of its rather neutral sound.

R2R2K does so many things wrong, but it got the tonality of instrument right. Now if there was a world where I could get the performance of QA361 with the sound of R2R2K.

I've placed an order for a Bakoon amp, I hope paired with QA361 it gets me to the tonality I'm after.

Aug 12, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #204 of 325
I always rotate my dap and QA361 is the dap I return to the most as it is my current reference. It does so many things, and it does it so well. However one thing that I struggle with it is the tonality of its instrument. God at time it is too laid back, because of its rather neutral sound.

R2R2K does so many things wrong, but it got the tonality of instrument right. Now if there was a world where I could get the performance of QA361 with the sound of R2R2K.

I've placed an order for a Bakoon amp, I hope paired with QA361 it gets me to the tonality I'm after.
I will pay closer attention to the tonality, because I have not noticed that. I love the DAP. What settings are you using for amp, tuning, gain, sound mode?

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #205 of 325
Just returned home to find a parcel sitting in my porch. It's my QA361, earlier than expected. The Settings Menu is currently in Chinese; can someone tell me where I'll find the English language setting?

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #207 of 325
This DAP just grabbed my attention recently. For those who have owned it, I want to ask:
1. What is the maximum SD card support? Will a 512GB-1TB card work with it?
2. Does it support USB c digital input for amp/DAC ? I want to be able to use it with my ifi iDSD BL.

Thanks!

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #208 of 325
This DAP just grabbed my attention recently. For those who have owned it, I want to ask:
1. What is the maximum SD card support? Will a 512GB-1TB card work with it?
2. Does it support USB c digital input for amp/DAC ? I want to be able to use it with my ifi iDSD BL.

Thanks!
The manual states that the maximum capacity is 256Gb; I don't have anything larger to try and prove otherwise.
It doesn't support digital in or out via USB: the only way to connect it to the iDSD BL would be via LO/COAX.

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #209 of 325
The manual states that the maximum capacity is 256Gb; I don't have anything larger to try and prove otherwise.
It doesn't support digital in or out via USB: the only way to connect it to the iDSD BL would be via LO/COAX.

Thank you! Does this DAP have at least a decent file sorting system and read music meta-data well? I understand there's no artwork and stuff, but I have about 2500 FLAC and DSD songs in my library so I don't want to waste time searching for my music on an inefficient system....

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #210 of 325
Thank you! Does this DAP have at least a decent file sorting system and read music meta-data well? I understand there's no artwork and stuff, but I have about 2500 FLAC and DSD songs in my library so I don't want to waste time searching for my music on an inefficient system....
Short answer is no, it doesn't.
It's a very efficient UI in terms of its resource usage, but it's functionally limited. There is no search or sort functionality, so ease of navigation depends on how well organised your files are. You can't sort by Artist/Album/Genre etc.
If what you're looking for is a source component for your iDSD BL, then I'd say there are better and cheaper options out there. The QA361 is designed as a stand-alone player, with lots of power, and a minimalist user interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back