1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

QLS QA361 impression thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audionewbi, Dec 1, 2017.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
  1. subguy812
    Reference quality sound. It has high levels of detail and clarity and does not color.

alexlevn0791 likes this.
  2. alexlevn0791
    I am so close to ordering this after doing my research for a while. This thread has been incredibly helpful! Just a few last questions before I pull the trigger on this: 1. This only supports up to DSD128, am I correct? A few of my favorite albums are in DSD256 so I am hoping it can decode these as well and 2. Can anybody confirm that it will work with a 512GB SD card (or even higher)? Thanks guys!

3. Cat Music
    Hi friends! I have two questions before deciding on the QLS QA361:
    1.- Can you play the songs randomly?
    2.- Have you used the firmware provided by QLS? are important?

4. NehPets
    Yes, you can play songs randomly; the playback options are Loop, Random, Once, Invert and One, and these can be applied to either the current Folder or All folders.

I've got copies of all 5 firmware versions on my microSD card. Versions 1.4.4, 1.4.5 & 1.4.8 are universal, while 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 are WAV-only. While I'm in the process of converting my .aiff files to .wav format, I've been using both 1.4.4 and 1.0.4. The WAV-only firmware is more streamlined, and it allows you to use the 'turn everything up to eleven' (Large current + High voltage) mode, which I don't currently need, but it's nice to know it's there if I ever do. Personally, I don't hear a significant difference between the firmware versions, but that's not to say you wouldn't.

Cat Music likes this.
  5. NehPets
    Anyone using the All to DSD filter on their QA361? Do you experience a crackling 'static' noise during the silence between tracks?

6. Cat Music
    Thank you! I will definitely decide on the QA361!

Dobrescu George likes this.
  7. john1711
    I thought there was a new model coming?

Dobrescu George likes this.
  8. john1711
    Just received confirmation from Clark that there is no new model for now.

hqssui and Cat Music like this.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14