QLS QA361 impression thread
Aug 31, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #211 of 324
Short answer is no, it doesn't.
It's a very efficient UI in terms of its resource usage, but it's functionally limited. There is no search or sort functionality, so ease of navigation depends on how well organised your files are. You can't sort by Artist/Album/Genre etc.
If what you're looking for is a source component for your iDSD BL, then I'd say there are better and cheaper options out there. The QA361 is designed as a stand-alone player, with lots of power, and a minimalist user interface.
Reference quality sound. It has high levels of detail and clarity and does not color.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #212 of 324
I am so close to ordering this after doing my research for a while. This thread has been incredibly helpful! Just a few last questions before I pull the trigger on this: 1. This only supports up to DSD128, am I correct? A few of my favorite albums are in DSD256 so I am hoping it can decode these as well and 2. Can anybody confirm that it will work with a 512GB SD card (or even higher)? Thanks guys!

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #214 of 324
Hi friends! I have two questions before deciding on the QLS QA361:
1.- Can you play the songs randomly?
2.- Have you used the firmware provided by QLS? are important?
Yes, you can play songs randomly; the playback options are Loop, Random, Once, Invert and One, and these can be applied to either the current Folder or All folders.

I've got copies of all 5 firmware versions on my microSD card. Versions 1.4.4, 1.4.5 & 1.4.8 are universal, while 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 are WAV-only. While I'm in the process of converting my .aiff files to .wav format, I've been using both 1.4.4 and 1.0.4. The WAV-only firmware is more streamlined, and it allows you to use the 'turn everything up to eleven' (Large current + High voltage) mode, which I don't currently need, but it's nice to know it's there if I ever do. Personally, I don't hear a significant difference between the firmware versions, but that's not to say you wouldn't.

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #216 of 324
Yes, you can play songs randomly; the playback options are Loop, Random, Once, Invert and One, and these can be applied to either the current Folder or All folders.

I've got copies of all 5 firmware versions on my microSD card. Versions 1.4.4, 1.4.5 & 1.4.8 are universal, while 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 are WAV-only. While I'm in the process of converting my .aiff files to .wav format, I've been using both 1.4.4 and 1.0.4. The WAV-only firmware is more streamlined, and it allows you to use the 'turn everything up to eleven' (Large current + High voltage) mode, which I don't currently need, but it's nice to know it's there if I ever do. Personally, I don't hear a significant difference between the firmware versions, but that's not to say you wouldn't.
Thank you! I will definitely decide on the QA361!

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #221 of 324
Did anyone try this with a 600 ohms headphone? I have been narrowing down to two options, this and the Dethonray DTR1 in my search for a simple UI, no bells and whistles DAP. Still have a lot of questions about drivability. To what extent can it rival a desktop setup? Many thanks!

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #222 of 324
Did anyone try this with a 600 ohms headphone? I have been narrowing down to two options, this and the Dethonray DTR1 in my search for a simple UI, no bells and whistles DAP. Still have a lot of questions about drivability. To what extent can it rival a desktop setup? Many thanks!
I love the QA361. It drives anything I have with authority. Simple UI, comes with an adapter to use 2.5mm in the 3.5 balanced port. No frills, just music. I don't use a desktop setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back