QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
Jul 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #108 of 751
  I certainly hope that's software instead of hardware.

Colorfly also claimed that C4 Pro could play FLAC > 48kHz with updated firmware, eventually they changed the "story" to CPU-related issues and blah blah blah.

I'm certain it's CPU limitation as it had been confirmed by Clark both here and on their official forums.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #110 of 751
Unbox 
biggrin.gif

How's the sound? It sounds not bad at all. A little laidback than CalyxM but still retain the details. With AKG K701, the low frequency seems to be better. But not too sure yet, need more time on it.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #112 of 751
  And no lag during DSD playback! Sweet!
They forgot to include the remote control stuff in my package :frowning2: I wrote to Clark about it, we'll see what happens.

Ah too bad, they did the same mistake on one of the user in their official forums.
The remote feels good, although the aluminium plat need to be trim on its edge. Love its receiving sensitivity.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #113 of 751
Some findings:
- DAP's LO is excellent! 
- The playback time of this DAP is crazy long. Makes it good for speaker setup too. :D 
- Handles ISO and CUE without issues, even SACD ISO! 
k701smile.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #114 of 751
  Some findings:
- DAP's LO is excellent! 
- The playback time of this DAP is crazy long. Makes it good for speaker setup too. :D 
- Handles ISO and CUE without issues, even SACD ISO! 
k701smile.gif

I'm not familiar with SACD ISO, just haven't come across it before. Is it proprietary like regular SACD and need an SACD player?

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #118 of 751
I am gonna borrow my frd's QA360 and I will lend him my AK240 for a week...really looking fwd to hear the dsd performance on this.

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #119 of 751
New firmware published today v1.3 and v1.0 for wav pureness!
Changelog for v1.3 (Google translation):

1. Fixed lit LCD screen ; flashes about the BUG
2. BUG Fixed playback CUE can not remember the song index;
3. adding support for FLAC files with ID3 tags play, solve part of the problem can not play FLAC files;
4. modify wake LCD screen mode: Only through the BACK button and the MENU button to wake the LCD screen (remote control only through F0 to wake up the LCD screen), black blind operation more convenient;
5 optimize the sound quality of some of the relevant code, and further enhance the sound quality through firmware.

Howto update:
1. Download and extract the file into root directory of the SD card.
2. Insert the prepared SD card in step 1.
3. Turn on the QA360 while pressing left navigation key.
4. Select the file, then press OK/Play/Pause key.
5. After finished update, turn off and turn on the DAP.
6. If updated successfully, it will show the updated version (eg. v1.3) in the Menu->System info.

Download links:
v1.3 
v1.0 wav only

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #120 of 751
  New firmware published today v1.3 and v1.0 for wav pureness!
Changelog for v1.3 (Google translation):

1. Fixed lit LCD screen ; flashes about the BUG
2. BUG Fixed playback CUE can not remember the song index;
3. adding support for FLAC files with ID3 tags play, solve part of the problem can not play FLAC files;
4. modify wake LCD screen mode: Only through the BACK button and the MENU button to wake the LCD screen (remote control only through F0 to wake up the LCD screen), black blind operation more convenient;
5 optimize the sound quality of some of the relevant code, and further enhance the sound quality through firmware.

Howto update:
1. Download and extract the file into root directory of the SD card.
2. Insert the prepared SD card in step 1.
3. Turn on the QA360 while pressing left navigation key.
4. Select the file, then press OK/Play/Pause key.
5. After finished update, turn off and turn on the DAP.
6. If updated successfully, it will show the updated version (eg. v1.3) in the Menu->System info.

Download links:
v1.3 
v1.0 wav only

Thank you. What is pure version? Does it making QA360 only wav supporting player? Can't play DSD etc with that firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back