QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
Mar 26, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #526 of 753
Thanks much for the comparison. Would you say that Qls has a thicker note presentation?
Enjoy your system
smily_headphones1.gif
However, don't you find 1p2's treble too prominent and piercing with Qls?

Both have thin note presentation, but very different to each other in perception. Because ZX1 is fluid with each thin note jammed onto the next, creating a unique thin yet fluid, quick sound. While QA360 is more defined in note presentation with greater separation and neutral air between elements, creating a thin, defined, quick sound. So probably the QA360 comes across as thinner than ZX1, but also bear in mind that 360 has much more sub bass extension than ZX1 and the treble of ZX1 comes across as brighter, probably fixed in ZX2. Also when I say thin, that simply means transparent to me, I'm not a fan of the fuller note thickness most other daps have, so my favorite daps in the world would be 360, ZX2, Paw, I'm guessing the ZX2 would be the most musical of them due to the fluidity of Sony's Class D, but 360 and Paw would probably possess easier heard micro detail, better analytically.

Also I don't find the QA360 treble bright at all, sounds very balanced to me.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #528 of 753
Thanks much for the comparison. Would you say that Qls has a thicker note presentation?
Enjoy your system :) However, don't you find 1p2's treble too prominent and piercing with Qls?
no i didnt find it piercing,i listen to symphonic rocks,i enjoy the qls more than the titan wich i find to smooth for me.i find the qls more energetic i first notice the 1plus2 bass hits harder and faster with qls.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #530 of 753
^ Allegedly the later revisions of QA360 have slightly reduced gain (PCB V1.4 and V1.5), feedback from owners was that there is hissing with sensitive iems, so QLS reacted, I've got PCB V1.5 and I hear zero hiss with my sensitive iems like AT CKR10, the same iem tested on Pono results in a fairly large amount of hiss, which ruins black background. ZX1 also has some hiss, not as much as Pono.

Thanks for reply. Battery life is 14-15 hour at new pcb versiyon and the device has not heat up. What is level volume that you listen to ckr10? I'm at 90-95 volume unit with my dunu iem.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #532 of 753
^ Yeah, you just unscrew the top, but be careful not to yank the top plate away, as it is connected to the bottom pcb by flat cable. Here's some of my 360 below.
Much of the interesting components are obscured, the analog section and SD card is covered by a green EMI shield (firmly stuck on), and the power circuitry is caged under a metal shield under the "QC Pass" sticker, firmly stuck on.
QA360 has pretty insides imo 
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #533 of 753
^ Yeah, you just unscrew the top, but be careful not to yank the top plate away, as it is connected to the bottom pcb by flat cable. Here's some of my 360 below.
Much of the interesting components are obscured, the analog section and SD card is covered by a green EMI shield (firmly stuck on), and the power circuitry is caged under a metal shield under the "QC Pass" sticker, firmly stuck on.
QA360 has pretty insides imo :D

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]
         [COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Cool! I opened mine up to peak inside and I do have pcb v1.5 as well.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #535 of 753
Any one else going to buy Audeze EL-8? I'm irresistibly drawn to their look (don't like the wood veneer though), not to mention their FR graph shows a response that rivals the HE-560, both have great bass extension, the EL-8 has a tiny bit more midrange at ~600hz and 1-2khz, and a tiny bit less treble at 6-9khz, but better treble extension between 10-20khz, looks like a winner to me. Of course the imaging etc remains to be seen.

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #539 of 753
No, I didn't open it up. I guess pcb version is 1.4 or 1.5 But biggest improvement is treble. It has high resolution and soft. T.R.A.N.C.E.What do you think about this?

I will buy PM-3, soon. It will be excellent duo with PM-3 :)

It is possible that small changes have been made through revisions, but we dont know for sure, even Clark from QLS won't admit lol. The analog section is obscured by EMI shield so can't tell anything, but I did notice a difference around the power supply circuitry. PCB v1.1 had 3 yellow tantalum polymer capacitors while v1.5 has 2 LDO regulators instead, which probably means power filtering has been sacrificed for power regulation. I have no Idea with which version this change happened, or what has changed in between the other versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back