QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
Dec 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #153 of 751

QA360 is no slouch, keeping the price low, performance high. I seriously like that device. Also 901 needs to learn about how to be a durable and though from QA360
happy_face1.gif

Yes, no doubt that 360 has great UI and good battery life. It sounds better than DX90, but 901 is still king  
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #156 of 751
King is MA9 with golden amp, then HDP-r10 and then HM901 :)

Just sold HM901...

I had ma9 before. It is not as good as 901 :) Of course it was with standard amp card. R10 is some kind of dx100 as far as I know. Dx100 sounds a bit unnatural to my ears. Which amp card were you using with 901?

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #160 of 751
I had ma9 before. It is not as good as 901
smily_headphones1.gif
Of course it was with standard amp card. R10 is some kind of dx100 as far as I know. Dx100 sounds a bit unnatural to my ears. Which amp card were you using with 901?

Balanced, the top one. HM901 is superb, and I agree, MA9 with standard card may not be better (actually is different and hard to compare).
But I got golden amp for 400 bucks loaded with quad opa627 and quad of opa827 as buffer and it has much better dynamics than HM901, not to mention how realistic sound is (I did blind tests with my wife too, what she said: 
"wow, this is really good one, you can immediately tell its pro" (ma9 tested)). Its quite cool, ma9 cards are easy to mod, currently im burning opa211 newest chips for ma9 balanced amp (from ad797 amp), it sounds even better than hm901 too (actually hard to compare its very dark chip and very very entertaining).

On other hand, the ibasso has much better bass then hm901 (it sounds more realistic and better kick). Such a no fatigue power, zero distortion - that cute digital signature. You feel like "darn, this is expensive sound" :)))

HM901 is impressive too but you will have headaches from "in head" sound type (its just reality), not to mention that darn software.... yuk!

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #162 of 751
@shakur1996 Yup, I tested it with SE5way of course. The player is "slightly" on the bright side especially on on upper mids section. While I wouldn't call SE5way dark, it gives a little bit sparkle to it which is nice in my opinion. It has a lot of juice to drive it so don't worry about it either. I generally like the sound a lot, to be honest, if I had money I would actually order one. I believe it is pretty close to the TOTL daps league in terms of sound and as for the durability, build quality, UI it is definitely a keeper. So for around 500 bucks, I would call this a big win for QLS.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #163 of 751
Balanced, the top one. HM901 is superb, and I agree, MA9 with standard card may not be better (actually is different and hard to compare).
But I got golden amp for 400 bucks loaded with quad opa627 and quad of opa827 as buffer and it has much better dynamics than HM901, not to mention how realistic sound is (I did blind tests with my wife too, what she said: 
"wow, this is really good one, you can immediately tell its pro" (ma9 tested)). Its quite cool, ma9 cards are easy to mod, currently im burning opa211 newest chips for ma9 balanced amp (from ad797 amp), it sounds even better than hm901 too (actually hard to compare its very dark chip and very very entertaining).

On other hand, the ibasso has much better bass then hm901 (it sounds more realistic and better kick). Such a no fatigue power, zero distortion - that cute digital signature. You feel like "darn, this is expensive sound" :)))

HM901 is impressive too but you will have headaches from "in head" sound type (its just reality), not to mention that darn software.... yuk!

I don't agree balanced is the top one :) Minobox is better for IEMs..

Ibasso may have better impact on bass section, but its tone is not correct. You can hear Ibasso's aggressive sound on bass section too. Upper mids are also problematic, there is lot of sibilance here. 901 is much more smoother on entire spectrum.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #164 of 751
I don't agree balanced is the top one
smily_headphones1.gif
Minobox is better for IEMs..

Ibasso may have better impact on bass section, but its tone is not correct. You can hear Ibasso's aggressive sound on bass section too. Upper mids are also problematic, there is lot of sibilance here. 901 is much more smoother on entire spectrum.

Disagree with smoothness, hm901 is very very agressive player. Dont get me wrong, its fantastic, but after a while you start to value naturality and realistic sound. HM901 is a bit too artifical to me, or maybe its my taste... hm901 is ilke a small room, ma9 is like open fields with sky and grounds. HM901 never approached that spectrum.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #165 of 751
Disagree with smoothness, hm901 is very very agressive player. Dont get me wrong, its fantastic, but after a while you start to value naturality and realistic sound. HM901 is a bit too artifical to me, or maybe its my taste... hm901 is ilke a small room, ma9 is like open fields with sky and grounds. HM901 never approached that spectrum.

I think exactly the same things for Dx100 :) however I agree with MA9 spaciousness. Its stage depth is really good, perhaps the best I have heard from a portable system. Anyway, let's get back to qa360 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back