Qdoba/Chipotle
May 31, 2008 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently had a Qdoba move in down the street from me and I must say it is my new favorite restaurant.

For those who don't know, Qdoba/Chipotle is famous for giant burritos (extremely filling) which only cost around $6.

There's a Chipotle a little further away from me, but in the end I really do believe Qdoba tastes better than Chipotle. Not to mention Qdoba has "student cups" where if you flash a student ID, you get a free drink. I use the Qdoba card, which is if you buy 10 burritos, you get one for free. My next one is free
biggrin.gif

anyone else into these places?

favorite burrito: double wrap steak burrito with black beans, corn, lettuce, and cheese.

May 31, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 31
I don't know about Qdoba's, but if you're ever in So Cal, make sure you stop by Ray's Tepeyac in Covina. Great burritos at ridiculously great prices. And if you're into giant, enormous burritos, the Tepeyac Special will blow your mind. It could feed an entire family, no lie.

May 31, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 31
We have two Chipotles in Berkeley, and one opened up near me in San Jose. I try to limit myself to eating there once a week, because more than that will probably kill you.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention Qdoba has "student cups" where if you flash a student ID, you get a free drink.

same thing at chipotle

i just went to chipotle with my friends this afternoon. i got 50 bucks of chipotle gift cards for my birthday/christmas last december and i've already eaten through them!

carnitas burrito, pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, rice, cheese, sour cream for me

May 31, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #7 of 31
frown.gif
We have very limited options for burritos here: Taco Time, Taco Bell (I can't stand it
frown.gif
), Red Burrito, Steamrollers, Taco del mar and few other places, but they're okay at best.

May 31, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
We have very limited options for burritos here: Taco Time, Taco Bell (I can't stand it
frown.gif
), Red Burrito, Steamrollers, Taco del mar and few other places, but they're okay at best.

Don't like Taco Bell?! Blasphemy!
biggrin.gif
Maybe it's just that we Californians have real Mexicans working at our Taco Bell? (Truth be told, I'd say 90%+ of the chefs at the restaurants where I eat are Mexican, and they do a really good job for the most part.)

May 31, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
Maybe it's just that we Californians have real Mexicans working at our Taco Bell?

Ugh, I got sick couple of times eating taco bell
frown.gif

May 31, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
Maybe it's just that we Californians have real Mexicans working at our Taco Bell? (Truth be told, I'd say 90%+ of the chefs at the restaurants where I eat are Mexican, and they do a really good job for the most part.)

Is it authentic Mexican when Mexicans are microwaving preassembled faux Mexican food?
biggrin.gif

All kidding aside, Taco Bell is not bad when you're in a pinch. You can certainly do much better if you're residing in California though.

May 31, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, I got sick couple of times eating taco bell
frown.gif

The only (somewhat) recent instance where I got food poisoning was from a Thai place in Berkeley. I threw up all over my gf's bed. (But the b**** deserved it)

May 31, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy OneThree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is also Freebirds.

Man I miss Freebirds living up here in the northeast. I noticed they added some restaurants up in north Texas so maybe someday they will make it to NYC.

As a Longhorn, I did not visit College Station, Texas all that often but when I did we would hit Freebirds and the Chicken in some order every night.

May 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #14 of 31
I used to stop at Chipotle every saturday cycling buddy. The most satisfying burrito of all is the one you eat after a 5hour slog and suddenly you feel like you can go another couple hours! Then my friend went vegetarian.
frown.gif

May 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #15 of 31
chipotle is seriously good... their guacamole is the best I have ever had

I'll have to try a qdoba out sometime soon.. it's been a long time coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back