QDC Tiger impressions
Dec 15, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 39
Fell in love with Tiger at E-Earphone in Tokyo and straight ordered one :) !
Exited!

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #19 of 39
Welcome to the Tiger club:))
Great~!! You won't regret it Hope for you to enjoy all the way:)
Thanks!
These definitely need to get more love on Headfi! When I first heard them in the store, I was so positively surprised by their performance, a lot better than I expected (especially in terms of resolution)! By the way, I realized that their graph is quite similar to the one of the Oriolus Trailii! Check it out with Crinacle`s graph tool!

And oh, does someone know what exactly these "hybrid drivers" are? Hybrid of what?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #20 of 39
Do you know the feeling if you buy a new set of earphones that somehow makes (at least some of) your other phones obsolete? :sweat_smile: Have received my Tiger on Xmas and I must say I am really impressed with it, a lot more than I expected. I have owned several earphones in the 1000$ - 1500$ price bracket and expected the Tigers to be just another „nuance“. But now, after listening to it properly for a day, I can already tell that it is very noticably better than all other phones I own at the moment (see signature). Clarity is outstanding and the signature is so naturally and beautifully balanced. It lets my IT07 sound a bit bloated and not so extended in the highs and the VXV sounds kinda unbalanced in the mids and too soft in comparison. What especially surprises me with Tiger is bass. This is the first BA bass driver set that truly satisfies me in terms of low frequencies - though quantity is not super high it sounds really deep and tight and so far I am definitely not missing a dynamic driver (what I did with Andromeda, for example). Built and accessories (especially the case) are also truly outstanding! I am really wondering why QDC hasn`t been on my radar earlier….
Now comes the big question: Which of my current phones will have to leave (still can`t let them go all)? :thinking:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 39
Someone has already compared the Tiger vs Anole VX?
I wanna know if there are some significant differences.
I have compared them side by side and they definitely share the same DNA. Both focus on a very clear and transparent presentation on the brighter side of the spectrum, with loads of details. The Tiger sounds slightly more euphoric and warm due to its elevated mids (still I wouldn t call it a „truly warm sounding set“). The Anole sounds flatter/ neutral and as a result of that a bit cooler. I am not sure if the Anole really has more details but they are definitely easier to notice (especially in the treble area) because there is no „second focus“ like with the elevated mids of the Tiger - that`s how I would describe it. In the end I feel it`s really a question of taste and if you prefer a slightly thicker (Tiger) or filigree and neutral (Anole) sound. And also how much money you are willing to spend. As Gustavo1976 already wrote, you can let the Anole sound similar as the Tiger and also give it other nuances through using the switches - so this alone might be worth spending the extra cash. Both are fantastic sets in my opinion and quality wise on an equal level.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 39
Tiger is here. Some recommendation for eartips and cable about you experience?? Thanks. Great iem.
Hey, don't have the Tiger but I do have the V14. Azla Sednaearfit Lights are IMO the tip of choice for universal options. They color the sound the least to my ears and slightly enhance the spacious quality of music.

The effect should be similar between the two given the very similar shape of the tiger to the v14.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #26 of 39
In what way from what you remember? I have the V14 and am eyeing the tiger because I like the look, but I like my V14 and am having trouble justifying another similar summit-fi purchase.
From what I remember, they share similar sound signature but Tiger sounds smoother and more balanced. Mids are great on both. V14 has more bass and treble is slightly more sparky.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #28 of 39
20220724_202322.jpg

Hello~! The picture above shows my music gears ( I forgot to include my IEMS).
I am Korean. Some of you who read my English writings might feel akwardness.
Thank you for your understanding.

I got a qdc tiger and opened it , which arrived 5days ago.
I am a big fan of Dynamic Driver earphones and headphones as well.
I have been listening to music with DD earphones such as Dita Dream xls , Dita twins fidelity,
UM 3DT ,and AK T9ie all in my possession
I also have DD+BA hybrid one, which is Final Audio B1.
I have been wondering how good qdc tiger will sound without Dynamic Driver that is equipped with 6BA and 2 EST drivers in each unit.

I actually had Earsonics Grace which has 10 BA in each unit and I was a bit disappointed because it sounds too comfortable and ... well no fun listening. (No offense to those who have it. It’s just not my kind of tea)
Since then I have never dared to grab a hold of any earphones with BA Drivers in them.
But I saw ones I liked to try , a new model by qdc retailing at $1,485 on MusicTeck.
(MusicTeck has always offered lower prices than any other store)
During exploration on qdc I read a lot about qdc’s great tuning skill and I made up mind to buy one.

수정됨_20220720_092830.jpg
The packaging is satisfying with recycled paper and box as well.
The gold box caught my eyes

But it hurts me to notice the gold box has a little damage on the right side :frowning2:

수정됨_20220720_093125.jpg
The box is a little damaged but all is OK inside
Some kind of protective films are attached on both units.
You can tell that they are designed by qdc from its ergonomic unit designs.

수정됨_20220720_093600.jpg
The round shaped earphone storage is very quality, which feels genuine leathery.
There are two kinds of silicone eartips S,M,L in size. I like double flanged ones , which offer superb sound isolation.
There are also a 3.5 to 6.3 adapter, two interchangeable plugs(3.5mm single ended plug already inserted and 2.5 balanced & 4.4 balanced plugs are in small plastic bags), an airplane two-pin adapter, and a cleaning brush as seen in the picture above.
Inside the storage is a peg in the center with magnet on it for good holding.

20220720_094100-horz.jpg
Taking off protective films, I took close shots of the units for any defectiveness on them.
I like the stock cable. Not only is it interchangeable to 4.4 , 2.5 , and 3.5 but very flexible and it's the same one as Anole V14.
No touch noise either. You don’t need any earhooks.

다시 타이거.jpg

The units are quite big compared with AK T9ie and even with UM 3DT as seen above
( I was worried if they would fit my ears before wearing)
The units themselves have airholes to reduce pressure in ears but they are inside once you wear them.
So not to worry about unwanted sounds from outside(outer sounds come in but not much)
The double flanged eartips work better at sound isolation and deep bass than the other silicone ones.

20220720_095333-horz.jpg
You can feel that the cable terminal bodies are well made when you hear “click” sound pushing it in.

20220720_095628.jpg
The only thing I don’t like about the cable is the look of Y-Splitter and the slider.
Considering the price(well to me it is super expensive), they look too simple and even look like low-budget ones.

20220720_095854-horz.jpg
Finally listening time. I used a dap Plenue L (by Cowon) with 4.4 plug socket
My preferences in music are K-pop, Alternative rock, Jazz, and Classicals , pretty much all types except EDMs and Heavy Metals.

After 1hour of listening, no heaviness on my ears and it is quite comfortable with the double flanged eartips.
Its driveability is quite easy as 15ohm and 105db in sensitivity.

The treble response may be one of reasons for it to be worth listening with.
It kicks and goes higher up than the other ones I have listened with, but it doesn’t hurt my ears.
That’s when I figured that qdc did a good job on it, delivering expectation.

Bass response is super strong enough for me to notice but what I really like about it is the quality of bass( different kind from DD IEMS , which produce grandness, at least to me they are).
It not only gives me a feeling of deep and subdeep bass but wide(not like speakers wideness) and yet solid not like a big rock hitting on earth but dinosaurs stepping on the surface and rocking land( you probably remember the scene in the movie Jurassic park where T-Rex first appears when kids in a car see water rippling in a cup.... :) ).

Well, you may criticize me for exaggerating ,but I can say this because I’ve never experienced this kind of bass size before with my other IEMS.

It doesn’t give you a full size of speaker experience
but it does give you a full size of headphone experience.
I’m pretty sure that qdc tiger grabs your attention quickly when you put it in your ears.

Mid-range response is the last but not the least.
Intimacy is the word that I thought of when it comes to mid-range part.
Vocal sound, especially female one, feels sweeter and smoother once again compared with my other IEMS.
I guess EST driver does the job well on this part.
As far as I know EST drivers are focused on high frequency like 7hz up to 70hz
You can feel what I mean by that when you listen to “Love So Soft” by Kelly Clarkson where she shouts really high at 2’:13“ in the song
Male vocal sound also feels better with it.
If you like Latin Pops like Camila Cabello or Rosalia, you might like them even more.
I in fact have been listening to their songs more often since I got tiger.

Throughout 5-days of listening with it , I now think that tiger fits vocal pops, a busy mix of Jazz(sound separation is great too), instrumentals but isn’t quite good for classicals.

Not saying that classicals sound bad with it, it just doesn’t sound as impressive as other music genres mentioned.

That’s for it with my impressions on qdc tiger.
Those who got interested because of its look will be surprised at its sound and feel exhilarated listening to songs.
I tried my best to give you as much detail as I could but I feel that I could have written it better.
I might have missed some as well. I hope you understand though.
Thank you for reading. Hoping for you to enjoy music an long as you can :)

You can see specs and frequency below(taken from Musicteck) and 4 of my 6 IEMS as well.

tiger spec-horz.jpg

20220712_115301.jpg

Thank you again :)
How is it compared to the Gaea?

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #29 of 39
How does the tiger compare with the Sennheiser IE900?

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #30 of 39
How does the tiger compare with the Sennheiser IE900?
Very different tuning.IE900 clearly is more v- shaped: Bass is way more present, mids in direct comparison to the Tiger a bit recessed. Both have bright and sparkly treble though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back