QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #2,701 of 2,715
I would say a pinna between 2.5 and 3 kHz.

I do not care about bass that much because already I own the Penon 10th AE and I am more than satisfied with them.
I was not clear, let me try to rephrase more clearly.

Measurement rigs use a generalized HRTF profile to take measurements of gear, so when you talk about comparing transducers with different coupling methods, the variables introduced become very significant. You seem to understand this from the original post.

The problem in particular is that on ears like your KSC75 interact with your pinna, meaning that the graphs that show the FR of the KSC75 do not actually indicate what you are hearing because your pinna is different from the rig's default pinna. To solve this, you have to measure your pinna gain response with an in-ear mic and, if you like the way that transducer sounds, set that as your preferred FR curve.

Once you have done that, you can match IEM graphs to that to find your preferred curve because IEMs ignore your pinna, so the rig doesn't matter as much for the upper mids.

As far as bass goes, what I meant is that headphones generate more kinetic energy, so you get some bone conducted sound in addition to the raw SPL response of your headphones. IEMs generally don't do that, so you tend to want more bass to compensate for the lost bone conduction.

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #2,702 of 2,715
For a cable believer, like me. I really know I found my end game with Clan Audio. Absolutely amazed how QDC Folk has reached God level with this one.

1708850272881.png

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #2,703 of 2,715
For a cable believer, like me. I really know I found my end game with Clan Audio. Absolutely amazed how QDC Folk has reached God level with this one.

1708850272881.png
And looks amazing also 😍

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #2,705 of 2,715
Feb 26, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #2,706 of 2,715
Looks like the tech demo spotting was accurate. No price... 3k+ is what I'm guessing given the jump from VX to V14.

Not particularly enthused at the DD. So many IEMs in the market use DDs for low end, I like the V14 because of how precise it is with no DD. QDC should have gone with a PM driver or bone conduction IMO, this better do some magical stuff or I'm just sticking to my V14.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #2,708 of 2,715

1708850272881.png
Which cable is that because I need to buy that if I buy Folk, which begins my other question, do you think Folk is a good entry into QDC? Or am I better served aiming higher.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to fork over anything above 800 usd anytime soon, so is the saving wait worth it or should i just grab a Folk?

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #2,709 of 2,715
Which cable is that because I need to buy that if I buy Folk, which begins my other question, do you think Folk is a good entry into QDC? Or am I better served aiming higher.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to fork over anything above 800 usd anytime soon, so is the saving wait worth it or should i just grab a Folk?
Folk is a beautiful iem if you like country, smooth jazz, acoustic music and things like that.

With Clan Audio Cables, the iem is improved in all ways.

I have 2 I ordered and I think the best for my tastes is this one.

If you like you can send me a private message.

Cheers.

1709839297983.png

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #2,710 of 2,715
Will do, gonna have to give me a day, I'll message you when I can to ask about the stuff

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #2,711 of 2,715
Did anyone compare Anole V6 with the new 8Pro?

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #2,714 of 2,715
Anyone interested in selling their V14? If so, feel free to PM me 👀

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #2,715 of 2,715
Just came here to say QDCs are amazing!!
I have auditioned the 4SS, 5SH, 8SL and Anole VX, as well as the Fearless S8Z, S8pro, S8F and S6pro
It was a complete beatdown by the QDC side.

The QDCs have such a unique alluring house signature that sits right with me. While having different shaped frequency response 4SS (flat), 5SH (V shape) and 8SL (somewhere in between), all 3 have a similar house sound that really draws you in, which I had never heard anywhere else before, so I believe this is unique to QDC. Good note weight for BA and very good control for vocals, making sad songs sound ultra depressing, and allowing vocals to linger on a while longer than other iems Ive heard, and combined with a very deep soundstage.

Anole VX had the most details and open mids, and my favourite switch would be the mids boost only which was very revealing for vocals. However, the VX only kept like half of the house sound I heard from the other 3. It was like 8SL but with less warmth and thickness and shorter soundstage in exchange for more details. VX was perhaps a little bit fatiguing after 30min of listening. I preferred 8SL a little over VX, because I wanted to keep that house sound and thickness.
5SH sound was very lively and the most engaging of the lot. Insane stage depth and wraps you in the music. Unfortunately, I had to remind myself I was looking for best vocals, and 5SH has a slight veil over vocals as well as recessed vocals (still the vocals sounded great).
4SS was the champion in vocals-emphasized music. I never thought an iem could punch you in the stomach for the amount of emotions you can get out of it. It was the closest to the imaginary target sound signature in my head. I was swaying my body like an idiot to the music, not caring whether the shopkeepers were staring. However, the vocals (esp female vocals) were placed in your head, making songs fatiguing after a while.
8SL was the close competitor to 4SS, with slightly less vocal detail, note weight, more recessed vocals in exchange for tall, wide soundstage, more airiness, more openness in mids and less fatigue. Same QDC house sound which punches you in the guts for emotional music (I used some R&B music for testing). It is also more flexible across genres.
Since I was intent on getting an endgame iem, I chose the 8CL (custom 8SL) so that I would not have to struggle with 4SS's fatiguing sound over a long listening period. 4SS was still a memorable experience anyway.

I'm still waiting for my 8CL to arrive!
@eloelo do you think 4SS or 5SH are still a good choice?☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back