QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #2,688 of 2,715
that's a great entry level IEM. Beats so many other higher prices ones (even from the QDC own range in my opinion)
I've since gone all the way to TOTL lol. My opinions on the neptune have changed dramatically since then.

Entry level markets have also gotten much more competitive. So much so that the Neptune is actually kinda bad value nowadays.

Aug 22, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #2,689 of 2,715
Did anyone compare V6 or V6 SE to Tiger or DMAGIC 3D?
V6 is in my mind for so long time and I’d be curato know if worth a try today.

IMG_7983.jpeg

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #2,690 of 2,715
I haven't seen many mentions of it but QDC had a engineering sample of their sucessor to the Anole V14 at CJ London tucked away, named the V15. From what I recall it has an added DD in comparison to the V14. I only demo'd it for a short bit but the bass is quite improved upon the V14 - which more impact and texture. If anyone else demoed it some other impressions would be nice to read :)

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #2,691 of 2,715
I haven't seen many mentions of it but QDC had an engineering sample of their sucessor to the Anole V14 at CJ London tucked away, named the V15. From what I recall it has an added DD in comparison to the V14. I only demo'd it for a short bit but the bass is quite improved upon the V14 - which more impact and texture. If anyone else demoed it some other impressions would be nice to read :)
Nice

Aug 27, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #2,692 of 2,715
For me bass switch no good on Vx. On mids and treble is more reasonable.

Yes, it is usually way too much bass for me with just the bass switch on. It's a little more balanced-out though in 1-1-1. That's probably my favorite config for the Anole but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #2,697 of 2,715
Feb 21, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #2,698 of 2,715
20230402_230546.jpg

If I had to describe qdc Folk in one word, it would be "vocal".

People either love or hate the sound of vocals pushed forward, but these earphones are a great gift for those who prefer it.

The bass and treble resolution are great, but they're only there to decorate the vocals. They're never overdone or underdone, they just hold their own.

Even those who don't like that kind of sound will want to give them a listen.
I am looking for an IEM that sounds similar to my KOSS KSC75. Comparing these two graphs (and I know is different gear), I would say the Folk may sound alike but I am wondering if you can tell it or not before I pull the trigger in these QDCs.

Feb 21, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #2,699 of 2,715
I am looking for an IEM that sounds similar to my KOSS KSC75. Comparing these two graphs (and I know is different gear), I would say the Folk may sound alike but I am wondering if you can tell it or not before I pull the trigger in these QDCs.
Do you know what your pinna gain response is? That question can not be answered if you don't.

Whatever your bass preference in on or over ear headphones is, add a 3 to 4dB low shelf to it for IEMs.

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #2,700 of 2,715
Do you know what your pinna gain response is? That question can not be answered if you don't.

Whatever your bass preference in on or over ear headphones is, add a 3 to 4dB low shelf to it for IEMs.
I would say a pinna between 2.5 and 3 kHz.

I do not care about bass that much because already I own the Penon 10th AE and I am more than satisfied with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back