QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #2,431 of 2,715
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I just put the switch 2 on and work well.
The problem is with all switches down its look like the sound is a little recessed, I dont Know.
I like to play with cables. But this QDC termination is so different and can only work with qdc iem só make cables just for v14 can be a problem. What kind of cable do you suggest ? Silver? Palladium?

The switches are only there to allow the user to adjust the sound to their unique listening tastes. Regarding the qdc 2-pin termination, this is actually not the problem that some believe. Here’s an explanation of this I wrote a few months ago. I’ve used a few different cables with my V14 with no connectivity issues. ✌️

As to the conductor type of cable, if you would like additional high frequency detail, you may find a silver cable provides this, but not always. The geometry of a cable plays the largest role in how a cable sounds, not necessarily the conductor type or its purity. I like copper with my V14 the best since the trebles with those 4 EST drivers can get a little too detailed for my ears. @MusicTeck sells PWA cables at various price points from affordable to ridiculous, so check them out. Another cable brand that gets a lot of attention around here is Eletech.

I hope this helps.

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #2,432 of 2,715
The switches are only there to allow the user to adjust the sound to their unique listening tastes. Regarding the qdc 2-pin termination, this is actually not the problem that some believe. Here’s an explanation of this I wrote a few months ago. I’ve used a few different cables with my V14 with no connectivity issues. ✌️

As to the conductor type of cable, if you would like additional high frequency detail, you may find a silver cable provides this, but not always. The geometry of a cable plays the largest role in how a cable sounds, not necessarily the conductor type or its purity. I like copper with my V14 the best since the trebles with those 4 EST drivers can get a little too detailed for my ears. @MusicTeck sells PWA cables at various price points from affordable to ridiculous, so check them out. Another cable brand that gets a lot of attention around here is Eletech.

I hope this helps.
Thanks. I will search about cable geometry. Didnt know about it.
Have some PW audio and effect audio cables. Maybe an adapter will be a better solution tô try on V14 until decide for a new cable.
Anyway thanks again.

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #2,434 of 2,715
@jwbrent I'm trying to decide about V14 (currenlty shortlisted with U12t), and see you have an high regard for these QDC IEM.
can I kindly ask which music genre you typically listen to? and a quick compare to the Indigo maybe please?
TIA :pray:

My Indigo had a qc issue, so I had to send it back to Musicteck for replacement. I just got it back on Friday, so I’ll reply later today with more detailed differences between it and the V14. With that said, I prefer the bass performance of the V14 (not using its switches). Also, the Indigo has a lower treble peak which is at a frequency that I’m sensitive to, so I’m experimenting with other cables to try and calm this somewhat.

Let me do some comparison listening and I’ll report back later today. ✌️

Jan 23, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #2,436 of 2,715

2B5414B0-CE93-4B07-9966-B79701C237C0.jpeg

I just spent the last half hour comparing these two using the Eletech Balmung SPC cable. The lower treble forwardness on the Indigo I mentioned earlier has diminished, so with some cable and tip experimentation, one may be able to tune the sound to your overall preference. I still prefer the V14 in that there is greater body in the mid-bass, a more neutral midrange, silkier trebles, better dimensionality in the soundstage, and the capability of tuning the V14 with the four switches. I also am able to get a better fit with the qdc due to its heavily sculpted shell in the rear. I’ve often mentioned on this thread I’m a qdc fanboy, so take my comments accordingly.

I used an Ottmar Liebert album as my music because I love the sound of acoustic guitar, and the qdc really shines with the plucking of the guitar strings. The Indigo did well here too, but it doesn’t have quite the micro detail that makes the guitar playing come to life. We are talking subtleties here, but at this price level, the little things can really pull one in to the listening experience.

The cable that is included with the Indigo seems impressive, and is made by PWA which I like since I also have a PWA Attila, but there’s something about those mids with that cable that bothered me a bit, so I ended up selling my set. Your experience may vary.

I have no idea how available these sets are in Italy, but if you can compare them yourself, that certainly would be best. ✌️

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #2,438 of 2,715
I need to know if the bass of the VX suffers quite to the BA timbre, or atleast is it one of the better ones out there and if the bass switch bloats it up. I've seen quite mixed things in regard of that. Also regarding female vocals, does the VX do it exceptionally well? I've also seen some mixed reception regarding imaging, with others commenting it's accurate and precise, while others would say it has some quirks. Don't really care much about stage, but you can also say something about that if you want.

I'm asking because I am currently looking at one IEM as my go-to now. I'm more into headphones, plus I'm downsizing. I pretty much listen to any genre, but I particularly enjoy rock, metal, EDM, and a lot of songs with female vocals. It's quite hard to seem to get that IEM with both bass slap and the midrange for those vocals. Atm I'm leaning towards U12T being the looks as a better all-rounder, out of the options of VX, Tia Trio, U12T.

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #2,439 of 2,715
I need to know if the bass of the VX suffers quite to the BA timbre, or atleast is it one of the better ones out there and if the bass switch bloats it up. I've seen quite mixed things in regard of that. Also regarding female vocals, does the VX do it exceptionally well? I've also seen some mixed reception regarding imaging, with others commenting it's accurate and precise, while others would say it has some quirks. Don't really care much about stage, but you can also say something about that if you want.

I'm asking because I am currently looking at one IEM as my go-to now. I'm more into headphones, plus I'm downsizing. I pretty much listen to any genre, but I particularly enjoy rock, metal, EDM, and a lot of songs with female vocals. It's quite hard to seem to get that IEM with both bass slap and the midrange for those vocals. Atm I'm leaning towards U12T being the looks as a better all-rounder, out of the options of VX, Tia Trio, U12T.
I have a custom VX. I feel it has some of the best ba bass available. It is articulate in the treble and can get sibilant with female voice if not a good recording. You can turn the volume down to alleviate this issue. It is more accurate than most though. It has excellent timbre. I do not feel it is in the class of the Erlk or Traillii though. I do feel it is better than the Fourte and Layla. At times I prefer it to the VE Elysium as well.

If you really want to get close to HP’s though, I still feel the Traillii and Erlk ( and maybe VE’s new Phonix) are the way to go IMHO. Tks.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #2,440 of 2,715
I have a custom VX. I feel it has some of the best ba bass available. It is articulate in the treble and can get sibilant with female voice if not a good recording. You can turn the volume down to alleviate this issue. It is more accurate than most though. It has excellent timbre. I do not feel it is in the class of the Erlk or Traillii though. I do feel it is better than the Fourte and Layla. At times I prefer it to the VE Elysium as well.

If you really want to get close to HP’s though, I still feel the Traillii and Erlk ( and maybe VE’s new Phonix) are the way to go IMHO. Tks.

When I heard the VX from my Walkman 1A it was nice. Meaning there was a nice deep tone. It can be a relation to everything which shows the bass quality......meaning the balance! I own the Anole V3, it is one of the most/best bass character IEMs in my collection.

So it is a question if they utilized the BA bass character, and qdc are experienced with that. It’s probably not the methodology but the application in this regard? qdc bass is fabulous!

The other question............does the VX do everything with pizzazz? It seemed to have a great personality, but it would take time to know if it’s overall character blended with you. But it’s not a question of good bass or not. IMO

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #2,441 of 2,715

I know you are asking about the Anole VX... But let me say this. I personally own the U12T, Sony IER Z1R, Thieaudio Monarch MkII, Unique Melody Mest MKI, and the QDC Anole V14. In my opinion man, just save up for the QDC Anole V14 as your all rounder... It's really that good.

Attachments

• 20220112_021435.jpg
    20220112_021435.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #2,443 of 2,715
I have seen that there are two versions of V14, one with a "QDC 2pin connector" and another with "Standard 2pin connector".
apart the obvious difference in the connector, are there any other differences?

I wonder whether the V14 can be ordered as a custom, and if so, that may be the reason for seeing a V14 without the pin stem. There is a US dealer that commissioned the VX in a black/gold finish without the stem, so perhaps other dealers have done something like this and you saw one of their samples.

Mar 6, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,444 of 2,715
I wonder whether the V14 can be ordered as a custom, and if so, that may be the reason for seeing a V14 without the pin stem. There is a US dealer that commissioned the VX in a black/gold finish without the stem, so perhaps other dealers have done something like this and you saw one of their samples.

I am sure it's fine. While I bought my V14 from Shanghai which has the protruding 2-pin connectors, I realize that the versions being sold in HK actually do NOT have the protruding connector but rather, a flush, standard 2-pin connector. You can take a look at the following two from two different resellers in HK -

https://rightshopaudio08.boutir.com/item/qdc-Anole-V14--(香港特別版)/6397570013331456?lang=zh-Hans
https://www.thinkinggroup.com/products/qdc-anole-v14

Both links call it the "HK Special Edition" of the V14. But I actually just believe that this is how international versions are sold. Hence, if you are looking to make these as customs, I don't think it should be a problem to have them as flush.

Have fun and enjoy. The QDC V14 are well worth the money. My previous pair of IEM's before that was Canalworks U73-LV and V14's are clearly a step up.

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #2,445 of 2,715
I am sure it's fine. While I bought my V14 from Shanghai which has the protruding 2-pin connectors, I realize that the versions being sold in HK actually do NOT have the protruding connector but rather, a flush, standard 2-pin connector. You can take a look at the following two from two different resellers in HK -

https://rightshopaudio08.boutir.com/item/qdc-Anole-V14--(香港特別版)/6397570013331456?lang=zh-Hans
https://www.thinkinggroup.com/products/qdc-anole-v14

Both links call it the "HK Special Edition" of the V14. But I actually just believe that this is how international versions are sold. Hence, if you are looking to make these as customs, I don't think it should be a problem to have them as flush.

Have fun and enjoy. The QDC V14 are well worth the money. My previous pair of IEM's before that was Canalworks U73-LV and V14's are clearly a step up.
Do you know if there are any sonic differences between the V14 HK and international versions? According to the description found on the HK sellers' sites, the only described difference is the protruding 2-pin and standard 2-pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back