QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,816 of 2,722
More info from the qdc 6/18 live stream this morning.

Dmagic will cost 8800/9800RMB (1241/1382USD) for the UIEM/CIEM version. No detail on what DD and their size.

Limited edition VX will cost 88000RMB (12410USD) and its universal only.

Gold/Silver upgrade cable 8800RMB (1241USD)

Preorder starts 6/21 and release date is 7/1

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #1,817 of 2,722
as in twelve thousand united states dollars? these 'statement' pieces are really beginning to put me off to those manufacturers who offer them.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #1,818 of 2,722
More info from the qdc 6/18 live stream this morning.

Dmagic will cost 8800/9800RMB (1241/1382USD) for the UIEM/CIEM version. No detail on what DD and their size.

Gold/Silver upgrade cable 8800RMB (1241USD)

Preorder starts 6/21 and release date is 7/1
And this is still a VX, simply with jewelry on it? Tks.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #1,821 of 2,722
Everyone hears a bit different. Both are TOTL and this it will be the nuances that make the difference. I chose the VX and went the custom route which I feel makes them sound a bit better than the universal due to the seal (a bit tighter and more powerful bass). I also use them with the Cayin N8 and iPhone (with and without the Dragonfly Red). When you can try the VX again to be sure. Either way you have an excellent IEM.
I would like to compare the VX to the Vision Ears VE8 and Elysium, but they are not in the NY area in the US. If you get the chance to try them please let me know your thoughts compared to the Z1R and VX. Tks.
I have compared VX with VE Elysium. There is a similarity for me in their sound sigs. And they both have that graininess in the upper mids and lower treble. But the Elysium is far worse in that respect. Ended up selling the Elysium. I love the VX but getting high quality cables or adaptors for 2-pin cable is a nightmare here in the UK. I’m sure it’s somewhere in this thread but as a short cut, any help would be appreciated. I ordered a Dunu Hulk for them, but Linsoul have been appalling to deal with and, after accepting my order, they then said it was out of stock. Really poor service.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #1,822 of 2,722
I have compared VX with VE Elysium. There is a similarity for me in their sound sigs. And they both have that graininess in the upper mids and lower treble. But the Elysium is far worse in that respect. Ended up selling the Elysium. I love the VX but getting high quality cables or adaptors for 2-pin cable is a nightmare here in the UK. I’m sure it’s somewhere in this thread but as a short cut, any help would be appreciated. I ordered a Dunu Hulk for them, but Linsoul have been appalling to deal with and, after accepting my order, they then said it was out of stock. Really poor service.
I also own the VX and ordered the Cardas light from Triton Audio. This cable not only is end game but also built absolutely professional. It is a pleasure to deal with David, he is always very reactive. This cable pushes the VX in combination with my Cayin N6ii to highest levels. It was a blind buy but worth, only delivery in these times was a nightmare.

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,823 of 2,722
I have not changed cables on my VX. They certainly do not make it easy. If you find a good solution. Let me know.

I did finally get an Elysium and a VE-8. I like them both. The VX certainly has better bass than the Elysium, but the presentation of the Elysium is excellent. My VE-8 is back with VE to improve the fit, but that might turn out to be the best of the bunch. Tks.

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #1,826 of 2,722
There you go sir

IMG_20200626_022133.jpg

Looks like a bugle but it works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back