QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,606 of 2,715
How much money do you want to burn spend? sound sig preference? I have some short impressions of cables under my signature, but most of them are no available in NA.
I like a lot of vocals, so anything that improves tonality is great. I don't really know anything about cables, but is there any that can improve separation? I like to have vocals pushed forward and instruments pushed back. probably willing to throw in 300 into the rabbit hole

Feb 5, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,607 of 2,715
I like a lot of vocals, so anything that improves tonality is great. I don't really know anything about cables, but is there any that can improve separation? I like to have vocals pushed forward and instruments pushed back. probably willing to throw in 300 into the rabbit hole

This is getting into some memey territory, but I like Luminox Booster Blue and Beat Audio Vermilion. Booster blue you will have to get from Japan with a 3rd party shipper and Vermilion have some ergonomic issues and its a bit over $300 even with the 4wire version.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #1,608 of 2,715
This is getting into some memey territory, but I like Luminox Booster Blue and Beat Audio Vermilion. Booster blue you will have to get from Japan with a 3rd party shipper and Vermilion have some ergonomic issues and its a bit over $300 even with the 4wire version.
Woah im not going to japan anytime soon. Is thre any that i can find here? Or if anyone in the US is going to jp and is also buying some cables do let me know, i might want one

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,609 of 2,715
Has anyone else tried the Uranus yet and what did you think? :)

Feb 6, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #1,610 of 2,715

for a somewhat budget option, check out Satin Audio cables. Here's a good comparison between their entry level offerings. I have the pure copper (Griffin) and love it with my fibae 7. It won't fade/roll off the high end, but pairs well with brighter BA IEMs as it avoids any zingy sounds - linear and resolving

https://theheadphonelist.com/satin-audio-griffin-and-chimera-new-standards/

the author of this article is active daily on headfi and hangs out in the high end cable and IEM forums.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #1,613 of 2,715
i got the anole vx. This is gonna be some bloodbath gonna sell some gear if there are iverlaps

Attachments

• 69545811-25A0-4A26-BAC7-F5F54EC6BE79.jpeg
    69545811-25A0-4A26-BAC7-F5F54EC6BE79.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #1,614 of 2,715
First impression:
Good quality. Really great fit. Too great i am confused with how great a fit it is on my ear. Just like a puzzle

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #1,615 of 2,715
i got the anole vx. This is gonna be some bloodbath gonna sell some gear if there are iverlaps

now you just need a better source, a better cable, and some better ear tips.

JK

it sounds largely the same depending on the sound signature of your dap/dac/amp, dont worry about cable memes too much

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #1,616 of 2,715
im thinking of getting a dap for the go. how does ak70 mkII sound? im selling my audioquest dragon fly red and mojo soon. gonna look for a preowned hugo 2

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #1,617 of 2,715
i have ifi ican pro for my amp, very versatile so i never get bored of it. just need an upgraded dac. i chose hugo 2 because its transportable.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #1,618 of 2,715
im gonna let the ears burn for a while for now. the sound is a bit bright and fatigueing for now. probably the drivers still being stiff and me being more used to more coloured/warmer iems. but detail, staging is insane, i can pinpoint the exact location of the instruments.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #1,619 of 2,715
@arch023 ever thought about just putting all 3 comments in 1 lel

Have you tried hugo2 before? I find it quite bright, not sure if you would like it if VX is already bright for you... also dont believe in the burn in, if you are not used to the treble I dont think it's something you can 'fix', someone else had a similar problem before, and this is why im against blind buying things.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #1,620 of 2,715
Not sure how switches work but its all off on mine. Is there any sound differences? Maybe i should get a darker amp. I always thought hugo 2 has similar sound to mojo but with better detailing. Any tips and cable reccomendations to warm them up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back