QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #1,487 of 2,722
Yay. Thank you guys for clearing this up. I've actually been wanting a new cable and options are so limited with the reverse polarity AND covered pins.

If anyone has a cable recommendation that has an angled jack I'd appreciate it!

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #1,488 of 2,722
Yay. Thank you guys for clearing this up. I've actually been wanting a new cable and options are so limited with the reverse polarity AND covered pins.

I use GuCrasftmant 6N Silver from Aliexpress. Not angled jack but, Its specific for qdc with recessed pin. Great build quality for under USD150. There are also different flavour : copper, mix, etc

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #1,490 of 2,722
Anyone who bought Anole VX in new condition - did the box come with protective film wrapping the box? Or it was just plain box without any film on it?

IIRC it was shrink wrapped. My latest qdc Uranus also was shrink wrapped.

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #1,491 of 2,722
Some shop ships Anole VX in unwrapped box. They claim that he received from his distributor shrink unwrapped boxes. As proof they sent me the photo from his distributor with pile of VX unwrapped boxes.

QDC official confirmed that last year they delivered VX in boxes without shrink package.

My natural question is, having received unwrapped box, without protective stickers etc, how could you tell that the box hasn't been opened before?
We're speaking about 2k$ unit.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #1,492 of 2,722
FWIW I ordered my Anole VX from MusicTeck a couple weeks ago and it arrived shrink wrapped.

There were no stickers on the box itself, so presumably it could have been shrink wrapped downstream of the manufacturer.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,493 of 2,722

I do have a qdc cable (with 4.4mm) to let go if your'e interested (see signature for listing link). Have also dropped you a PM.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #1,495 of 2,722
Any fusion owners here? How would you describe the technicalities? I can correct tonal issues with EQ (if they're slight), but I'm looking for a comfy hybrid. Preference for DD bass just keeps creeping back as a pursuit despite being very happy with my most recent IEM (fibae 7). I miss the decay qualities of a DD.

For reference, I read the posts about the stock cable veil, comparison with Penta, and Solaris posted earlier in this thread. I owned the Penta and rather enjoyed it save for the sharp vent hole chaffing the crus of my helix - I ultimately had to let it go. Sure I thought it was a bit hot in the mid treble and needed a few more dB past 10k, but otherwise was awesome and I'd of kept it if not for the comfort issue. I too liked the solaris when I auditioned it. Any further compare/contrast with Penta/Solaris would be appreciated.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #1,496 of 2,722
I've seen in this thread mentioning that the Japanese version qdc 10SE is a VX with mid switch on. Can anyone confirm this? And what was the source?
It's interesting that they didn't release an all-switch-off version instead.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,497 of 2,722
I've seen in this thread mentioning that the Japanese version qdc 10SE is a VX with mid switch on. Can anyone confirm this? And what was the source?
It's interesting that they didn't release an all-switch-off version instead.

yup the 10SE is with mid switch on. and if you ask qdc really nicely, they will do a switchless version with all switch off as well, but w/o any discount.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,498 of 2,722
yup the 10SE is with mid switch on. and if you ask qdc really nicely, they will do a switchless version with all switch off as well, but w/o any discount.
That's interesting. Did they give any explanation on why they made it that way? Most people seem to prefer all switches down.. though I'm currently experimenting with switches 1 and 2 up.

Also, I've been meaning to share something. I've been looking for gummy/foam tips that squish down and stay that way for a while so you can get a good insertion. I finally find some on Amazon and love them. They're cheap and come in a sizeable quantity.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BHD9A0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_5yKfEbY4CR3WJ

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #1,500 of 2,722
Now this is a spectacular combo... wow

Cayin N8 brings a level of refinement to the Anole VX that is pretty impressive.... also the bass is quite better with an authoritative source for sure!
I'm the Gary you've just posted your set on to. Your spot on, with n8 these are absolutely amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back