QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,336 of 2,715
Just a heads up about the adapters from taobao. Shipping might be an issue. For me in Canada, the shipping costs more than the adapters themselves which is absolutely unacceptable. Promptly submitted a refund request.

Back to square 1 :frowning2:

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #1,338 of 2,715
Thought I found them on ebay. Turns out they were the wrong ones. Ick. My misfortune with these connectors continues....

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #1,339 of 2,715
Think my anoles have landed, thanks rockwell! Also have a new superbax waiting to see if its a good fit, will find out in a week when I return home.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #1,341 of 2,715
http://music.qdc.com/News/377.html

news page for the newly released qdc lofi iem... $200 for the regular version and $265 for the BT version...

Honestly I couldn't care less about this release... I just hope they use a different DD for this iem than the one in fusion...

the wait for the eventual qdc hybrid flagship continues... dont sell ur VX yet guies...

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1,344 of 2,715
gonna sell the vx and get the BLON
Whaaaat? I’m so confused. After the shanling m0 thread where I had the audacity to suggest a $99 m0 wasn’t the sonic equal of the Hugo 2 to the severe anger and indignation of a measurementist, It amazes me how people can hear things so differently.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #1,347 of 2,715
Antihawk said: ↑ I have had a complicated path towards concluding that the Anole VX is the best IEM I've heard. My first reaction was that this is the best IEM ever created. Then I started doubting myself. I re-demoed TOTL IEMs such as the Andromeda and U12t and questioned whether the VX was all that good. When I got home after that demo session, it got even worse. I listened to the Moondrop KXXS and BLON 03 and AB'd them with the VX. At this point, as ridiculous as it sounds, I convinced myself that I'd wasted money on the VX. I even convinced myself that the BLON was BETTER than the VX independent of money; that is, that it was a superior IEM even if it was the same price as the VX. That sounds patently absurd and I'm glad I realised eventually that it was the case. Over the last three days, I have obsessively compared the VX to my possessions, including the aforementioned KXXS and BLON. This also included the more expensive Shure SE846, InEar Stagediver SD2, and even Sony IER Z1R. I even demoed the U12t and Andromeda again at my local headphone store in the UK in Surrey. After all this I realised how superior the VX is. I really don't get it. How can one go from thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread, to thinking the **ing BLON is objectively superior, to thinking that the VX is finally superior to those and other TOTL IEMs (when those are listened to again on the same day). I am confused. Obviously I am happy with my purchase (eventually). But I do not understand i had such an up-and-down beginning to the VX. Surely most people know right away if it's the best? I know this is rambling at this point, but has anyone else experienced something similar?

Then we had RUSH the VX shill

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Turns out the Blon 03 is about as good as the VX give or take preferences. Who would have thought?

FB_IMG_1573573780892.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,348 of 2,715
After I got my message deleted by the mod, I had some time to think. And I would like to take this oppoty to make a public appogy on the ways I acted on this thread. Not just just about this most recent incident, also the times I called out all the V3 owners and others trying to give impressions on the VX that I personally do not agree with. I mean, I have not personally demoed the blon, and who am I to say a single DD $30 chifi cannot be just as good as a 10BA $2000 chifi. I am now a changed man, and there is no wrong way to enjoy the qdc VX, like listening to it with the 111 configuration, or using it out of the Cayiin N6ii, or buying the more budge friendly Anole V3. I hope everyone can find their own qdc flagship they love someday...

Cheers

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,349 of 2,715
After I got my message deleted by the mod, I had some time to think. And I would like to take this oppoty to make a public appogy on the ways I acted on this thread. Not just just about this most recent incident, also the times I called out all the V3 owners and others trying to give impressions on the VX that I personally do not agree with. I mean, I have not personally demoed the blon, and who am I to say a single DD $30 chifi cannot be just as good as a 10BA $2000 chifi. I am now a changed man, and there is no wrong way to enjoy the qdc VX, like listening to it with the 111 configuration, or using it out of the Cayiin N6ii, or buying the more budge friendly Anole V3. I hope everyone can find their own qdc flagship they love someday...

Cheers

What would Head-Fi be without IEM critique?
Edit:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back