QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #965 of 2,734
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #966 of 2,734

So pretty much the same IEM all the way up to 2kHz and stil only 7db difference at most and that's at the 5.5k dip. They do feel more different then what that graph is showing tho...
@ddmt you had your z1r/VX for a while now, any thoughts?

Z1R is more relax of the two, VX sometimes can be tiring. I like to switch between them.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #970 of 2,734
20190728_141149.jpg

I demo'ed the VX yesterday at Bangkok Porta Jam and I was not disappointed! I first thought that they sound a bit subdue right after I listened to the offerings from Fir Audio and the new Empire Ears line up but after longer listening, everything just came together and create the sound that is very detailed yet alway pleasant and is never harsh. I like them the most in their default configuration even if I think that the bass is rather light for my taste. I listened to the Gemini as well and while there're are a resemblance in the sound, it's a noticeable step down from the VX in my opinion.

The VX is my top pick for an iem at the show along side the Fir Audio M4 (the Fir's entire line up is great actually). The high sensitivity mode is hot garbage though, I would never use it over the default mode in any circumstances.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #971 of 2,734

I demo'ed the VX yesterday at Bangkok Porta Jam and I was not disappointed! I first thought that they sound a bit subdue right after I listened to the offerings from Fir Audio and the new Empire Ears line up but after longer listening, everything just came together and create the sound that is very detailed yet alway pleasant and is never harsh. I like them the most in their default configuration even if I think that the bass is rather light for my taste. I listened to the Gemini as well and while there're are a resemblance in the sound, it's a noticeable step down from the VX in my opinion.

The VX is my top pick for an iem at the show along side the Fir Audio M4 (the Fir's entire line up is great actually). The high sensitivity mode is hot garbage though, I would never use it over the default mode in any circumstances.

If i have to use 1 word to describe VX, it would be 'boring'. The sound signature is not great for anything nor is it bad for any genre. And depend on your daily IEM, the technicality is honest not something thats noticeable immediately.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #972 of 2,734
If i have to use 1 word to describe VX, it would be 'boring'. The sound signature is not great for anything nor is it bad for any genre. And depend on your daily IEM, the technicality is honest not something thats noticeable immediately.
I find them to be very pleasant sounding. The sound might not be very "ear catching" on prior listening but I can't find any real flaw from it. They might lack the grandness of something like my IER Z1R but the tonality is more complete to me with better detail. The vocal on it is much better than my Z1R, the latter which prone to fatigue.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #973 of 2,734
I find them to be very pleasant sounding. The sound might not be very "ear catching" on prior listening but I can't find any real flaw from it. They might lack the grandness of something like my IER Z1R but the tonality is more complete to me with better detail. The vocal on it is much better than my Z1R, the latter which prone to fatigue.
This is exactly why I stopped my search for "endgame" with the Anole. There was no other iem that does so little wrong in so many genres. It's got the bass, the soundstage, tonality, balance, detail, soundstage, you name it.

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #975 of 2,734
Can anyone provide me with some insights to the difference in sound of the 8SS compared to the 8SH and Gemini?

SS is the most neutral and Gemini is the most V shaped, but I would still call Gemini neutral warm. SH is in between, but closer to gemini in terms of sound signature. And therr is little to no difference between the 8serie and the gemini in terms of performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back