QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #856 of 2,734
Itching to get a balanced cable for VX (either 2.5mm / 4.4mm). Luminox Day for Night seems to be the way to go...

Anyone with the cable able to confirm that the polarity conforms to stock?
Good choice. Be careful with Right and Left. Unlike stock connectors, Luminox are not marked with colors, only with raised R marker which is tiny. You can easily miss it depend on the light.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #857 of 2,734
Capture.PNG
can't wait for someone to compare the 2...

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #859 of 2,734
Wow! almost identical curves, so intriguing. can't wait to audition and find out if they actually sound so similar.
I like the sound of Solaris in General though felt somewhat thin and hollow, hard to describe. maybe it"s just me...
I used to own a pair and found issue with them as well. Something about the mids just wasn't right to me.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #861 of 2,734
Personally qdc's mids tuning is one of the best in the industry, I let go my Andros because I found the mids (and bass) wasn't as satisfying as any qdc iem i've owned/tried.
The mids on the Anole are a mystery to me. If you look at the graph, you'd think they are recessed and would sound thin, but they don't! They are positioned well and are very satisfactory.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #866 of 2,734
initial impression please? Do you happen to know how it compare to the Meze Rai Penta, FH7?
Articulate and tight bass presentation with nice sub-bass rumble, lean & clean midrange with good placement, extended yet smooth treble & open soundstage (good width, moderate depth). Overall, an unoffensive detailed sound that is very enjoyable. Based on memory, the QDC Fusion is more musical and smoother than the Rai Penta with a controlled presentation especially the treble section. As for the FH7, I tried it with all the filters but it did not leave a lasting impression. I can revisit the FH7 soon. Cheers! :)

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #868 of 2,734
Any official confirmation about this? I saw many reviews where the size was stated for 0.78.

Nope, even qdc's own website claim that they are .78mm 2 pin. But the stander 2 pin don't really fit in a new qdc you just bought.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #869 of 2,734
Articulate and tight bass presentation with nice sub-bass rumble, lean & clean midrange with good placement, extended yet smooth treble & open soundstage (good width, moderate depth). Overall, an unoffensive detailed sound that is very enjoyable. Based on memory, the QDC Fusion is more musical and smoother than the Rai Penta with a controlled presentation especially the treble section. As for the FH7, I tried it with all the filters but it did not leave a lasting impression. I can revisit the FH7 soon. Cheers! :)
Compare FIio FH7 with Fusion review!! Thanks

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #870 of 2,734
Curious where in Shanghai can I pick up a pair of QDC IEMs?

Heading there in september and want to take a pair home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back