QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #676 of 2,722
CHGYDbU
Just tried out the QDC Fusion.
The general QDC house sound is still present. Coming from an Anole VX, the bass was more forward, Treble extension was pretty good. The mids is about the same as their 8 series, good but nothing outstanding or special about it. The dynamic driver was quite well tuned, it’s not overly bass for me and doesn’t bleed into the midrange, however I would appreciate more sub-bass on it.
Trying it out with the olso cable 4.4mm, the staging was increased, there’s a slight sub bass improvement but not very noticeable.
Overall, it’s a good hybrid attempt from QDC especially for the price.

we know better to not trust impressions from a new account from SG /s

thanks you for the impression, can you compare it against the V6 in terms of technicalities? many chinese impressions tend to say its better than V6 while being cheaper.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #678 of 2,722
we know better to not trust impressions from a new account from SG /s

thanks you for the impression, can you compare it against the V6 in terms of technicalities? many chinese impressions tend to say its better than V6 while being cheaper.

Currently at the qdc Fusion Launch by Music Sanctuary, so I was able to test the 2 IEMs side by side.

The V6 does sound more energetic, albeit less smooth than the Fusion. The Fusion, in general, also has better separation and is more resolving while being less sibilant.

That being said, the V6 does have the 2 switches which makes it more customisable for sound tuning, of which the Fusion lacks.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #679 of 2,722
That cable!!
qdc fusion color :)!!

Nice!

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #681 of 2,722
Hi all,

I'm presently at the Music Sanctuary QDC Fusion event and have tried out the QDC Fusion.

My setup:
UM Macbeth
Onkyo DP-X1A

Songs used:
1. Duel - Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
2. Seal - Kiss by a Rose
3. Marlene - We've Only Just Begun
4. Escaflowne soundtrack - Chain
5. Final Fantasy 25th anniversary - Final Fantasy V Main Theme.

Fusion, together with the stock cable, brings out a very comfortable and relax signature to begin with.

The treble feels organic, the highs was almost to the verge of piercing yet doesn't over-extends. The treble signature bears a huge resemblance of VX. More importantly, it doesn't sound thin.

The mids is pretty impressive. It doesn't bleed into the highs and more importantly, well layered. While listening to the 4th and 5th tracks, both with emphasis on soundstage, you get details just sufficient to enjoy but not the extend of monitoring. You can image the instruments comfortably.

Lastly the bass. Personally, I do like the sub-bass rumble. However, the bass feels a little raw and I'm pretty sure it requires more run-ins for the bass driver.

Comparison against the Anole V6:
V6 is more of a technical machine while Fusion feels more like an all rounder, day to day enjoyment IEM. The IEM you'll like to have after a long day at work (and a pint of beer).

Trebles
V6 has a better presentation for trebles and definitely more details. In general, V6 presentation is more 'V'.

Mids
Fusion has a better illustration of mids and better staying than V6.

Bass.
V6 has better sub-bass rumbles. However the bass is pretty overwhelming that I feel the mids felt a little compromised. The bass on Fusion, however, feels a little raw but it doesn't overwhelm the Fusion's mid, creating a relatively harmonious signature from top to bottom. The decay for Fusion is slightly faster than V6 generally.

V6 and Fusion suits 2 different purposes, that's in my case. If you're using a VX, I feel that Fusion compliments well with most technical machines out there as a side dish.

Just my 2 cents! Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #682 of 2,722
view

At the qdc Fusion launch by Music Sanctuary:

Listening to the qdc Fusion, it seems it’s sound signature is tuned similarly with 8-series, you get decent mids and great detailing for the vocals, and it shines especially with asian ballads.

However, I found that for a dynamic driver, it feels like it’s subbass presence is a big lastlustre? Not to say it’s mediocre by any means, it is comparable to the Anole V6 and the 8sl/8sh in terms of the bass quality and extension but without the BA timbre. But it would be great, if there was a bit more oomph to the subbass to take advantage of the driver? That’s personally my take on it, and it IS a rather competitively priced iem if you’re a fan of the qdc house sound.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #683 of 2,722
At the qdc fusion launch by Music Sanctuary and tried it with their 4.4mm stock cable thru a Sony WM1A.

It’s a very safely tuned iem, it does not even feel like a hybrid. As a qdc Gemini owner I think I get more bass than the fusion with the switch turned on. The mid and high is very smooth and musical, a lot like other model that qdc offer

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #684 of 2,722
20190601_154657.jpg
Tried the qdc Fusion at the Music Sanctuary launch event. Decent implementation of DD, commendable for a first effort, although I would have liked more punch and rumble. Smooth treble and overall inoffensive, coherent signature. Decent addition to qdc's midtier offerings alongside 4ss and 5sh, but for those aiming for TOTL performance, qdc's topend offerings will be more suitable.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #685 of 2,722
e7d74952-a407-425f-8321-3b45ebec22cc
I was given a chance to try the QDC Fusions at the Music Sanctuary product launch. The Fusions were Smooth yet resolving to listen to, and are the perfect lounging IEMs. While a little more depth and slam on the bass would be appreciated, the Fusions are a commendable effort for QDC's first attempt at a hybrid configuration.

Attachments

• 20190601_155032.jpg
    20190601_155032.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #687 of 2,722
I feel like your two critiques are actually strong points of the Anole VX. On the sub bass point, I feel like it has to best sub bass of any BA IEM that I've heard, including the acclaimed u12t.

Then, I definitely feel like the Anole has lots of detail. You don't miss even the most subtle of details.

I do agree the bass is fantastic considered its a BA. It's just the UM Maven's spoiled me with their treble presentation. If i could rate the UM treble a 9.2 the VX is a 9. Minor but it is what it is. I am sure id get over it and at this point i dont think anything can touch the qdc, overall. To my ears...

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #688 of 2,722
Fusion-1-1024x768.jpg

Hi guys! Here are my quick impressions of the Fusion, full version can be found here on my site: https://audiorambles.com/qdc-fusion-brief-impressions/

Sound

Disclaimer: These are very brief impressions (roughly 30 minutes of listening) compared to the hours I spend listening to the other “Quick Impressions” I do, so these impressions are only preliminary musings. As a result, numerical ratings will not be given.

Bass : I’ll be honest, I was expecting a lot more from the low end of the Fusions. Not to say it wasn’t good, they just didn’t match the lofty expectations I had for a QDC Hybrid. The low end is really still quite capable, though the bass really didn’t go as deep as I’d like in tracks like Lorde’s “Royals”. The rumble they produced also left a bit more to be desired. They were surprisingly polite, but the quantity of bass would still satisfy majority of the population. On the bright side, it almost never sounds overbearing. Bass texture and detail is as expected of a Dynamic Driver, very lovely stuff here, but it could really do with a bit more slam and impact.

Mids: QDC monitors produce some of the best mids in the industry, and the Fusions are really no different. The midrange of the Fusion is easily the best part of the IEM, striking a perfect balance between smoothness and detail. Male vocals are full bodied and well textured, female vocals are sweet and breathy. It makes for a relaxing, non-fatiguing listen while remaining clear and resolving. The placement of the midrange is also not as forward as on monitors such as the Gemini or Anole VX, but in just the sweet spot where it’s not too recessed nor in-your-face. Fantastic stuff!

Highs: The treble is perfect for my own personal preferences – lower treble has a very well implemented and very slight peak, giving the overall signature a bit of excitement. However, it never ever seems to get sibilant or harsh, still maintaining the smoothness which envelopes the midrange. Extension is good but the treble rolls-off in terms of emphasis at higher registers, keeping in line with the “fatigue-free” experience found throughout the entire frequency response of the Fusions.

Soundstage, Imaging, Seperation and Timbre: The Fusions possess quite an open soundstage, wide with decent depth. Instrument timbre is very natural on songs like Dire Strait’s “Sultans of Swing”, though they occasionally sound slightly veiled due to the smooth tonality of the Fusions. Seperation is good, complicated tracks like “Little Talks” by Of Monsters and Men, never sound congested, though it’s never as effortless as something like the QDC Anole VX.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #689 of 2,722
I do agree the bass is fantastic considered its a BA. It's just the UM Maven's spoiled me with their treble presentation. If i could rate the UM treble a 9.2 the VX is a 9. Minor but it is what it is. I am sure id get over it and at this point i dont think anything can touch the qdc, overall. To my ears...
Oh I see! That makes sense. Yeah I'm feeling the same way! I've never been more content.

Jun 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #690 of 2,722

Users who are viewing this thread

Back