QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #482 of 2,734
I just auditioned today vs a number of other top IEM’s. I felt the VX was a bit better. I use medium ear tips and it was very comfortable. The noise reduction could have been a bit better, but I will go for the Custom version so that does not concern me. As universals go, this was one of the most comfortable. The cable is also well made and of good quality. It is not an Effect Audio Leonidas 2 or Horus, but good enough that you may not want to change it. It is certainly better then what Noble or 64 Audio provide. Tks.
Yes, the stock cable is pretty decent. For the 8SL, I tried some basic cables at the store, thinking a good basic cable upgrade would improve the SQ, as that has been the experience with other IEMs. I had to go up to around US$450 before I thought it was better than the original cable, and realized I would need to go up even more to be worth changing. So I did not, and took a look at what I had already, and think about changing the connector to UECM. Currently using a Beat PD4 which I had, with an MMCX to UECM adapter (so not ideal). The SQ (bass, micro details, etc) does gear up with a better cable, but needs to be quite a bit better before it is worth swapping out the original cable.

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #487 of 2,734
I think for any TOTL IEMs they each have its own characters. The purpose of comparing is not to determine which one is 'better' then the others but to know their differences. Not all of us have the opportunity to demo or the privilege to own multiple TOTL products. I can't even imagine myself buying a $1,000 IEMs. There are other things in my life that have higher priorities. (I was able to pick up a pair of pre-owned Anole V3S for a good deal.) Although I do enjoy drinking my morning coffee and reading some members sharing their experience with these TOTL products on head-fi.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #490 of 2,734
QDC Anole XV or Jomo Trinity Brass?
Cryptic by intent.

Both ? I think you can't really compare the Trinity with the Anole VX.
The Trinity isn't really a neutraI sounding iem. I own it and imo it's an awsome sounding iem but bass and sub bass is definitely elevated. It's a full and rich sound with awsome treble and smooth lower mids. My recent daily driver for electronic and rock as everything sounds airy and "silky" with a visceral bass performance :) But for me it's not my cup of tea for classics. The Anole reviews say its more of a neutral tuning (esp. bass and sub bass) with awsome mids. So i guess this would be my iem for classical music as well as for idm, pop and vocal stuff. I don't like switches though.
However.... hard to resist :D

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #491 of 2,734
image001.png

Ordered! (universal Gemini)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back