QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #2,521 of 2,715
I just received my Anole VX from a classified listing. I love it. I did however come across something that concerned me. The track below (0-6s) I'm getting what sounds like resonance or vibration in my right unit only. I haven't experienced it on other sets. I'm curious if anyone else picks this up or if there's something wrong with my unit. It's only a few months old.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #2,522 of 2,715
I just received my Anole VX from a classified listing. I love it. I did however come across something that concerned me. The track below (0-6s) I'm getting what sounds like resonance or vibration in my right unit only. I haven't experienced it on other sets. I'm curious if anyone else picks this up or if there's something wrong with my unit. It's only a few months old.

Are you using any of the switches? My understanding is one is more likely to blow out an eardrum than damage ba drivers, so it’s unlikely a problem with the VX (congrats on your purchase, I loved the vx when I owned it).

I listened to the video you posted and I hear the trilly sound at the beginning with her voice—very unnatural—any of your other music cause a problem? I have no idea what level of resolution youtube uses for the videos, but that could possibly be an issue. Good luck!

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,523 of 2,715
Are you using any of the switches? My understanding is one is more likely to blow out an eardrum than damage ba drivers, so it’s unlikely a problem with the VX (congrats on your purchase, I loved the vx when I owned it).

I listened to the video you posted and I hear the trilly sound at the beginning with her voice—very unnatural—any of your other music cause a problem? I have no idea what level of resolution youtube uses for the videos, but that could possibly be an issue. Good luck!
No other music so far and my U12T doesn't do it. All switches are set to off. And I agree; I would expect I'd hear it all the time if there was a driver problem. Still concerning though. That right channel vibration occurs with YouTube, Qobuz, and Tidal. Using multiple dongles.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #2,524 of 2,715
No other music so far and my U12T doesn't do it. All switches are set to off. And I agree; I would expect I'd hear it all the time if there was a driver problem. Still concerning though. That right channel vibration occurs with YouTube, Qobuz, and Tidal. Using multiple dongles.

It appears that this is just an anomaly with that track and the vx. I’m sure you tried this, but lower the volume to see if the issue goes away.

Did you get the receipt when you bought it from another member? If so, I would check with the dealer (Musicteck?) to see if you could send them back for inspection and a warranty claim if necessary. The vx comes with a 1 year warranty although many makers do not transfer warranties, it is only for the original purchaser. With that said, if it was purchased from Musicteck, I’ve always found Andrew to be an accommodating kind of guy. Of course, I would only go through this last part if your audiophile nervosa is becoming a bother … if not, enjoy your vx with all the other music at your disposal.

1655404621024.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #2,525 of 2,715
It appears that this is just an anomaly with that track and the vx. I’m sure you tried this, but lower the volume to see if the issue goes away.

Did you get the receipt when you bought it from another member? If so, I would check with the dealer (Musicteck?) to see if you could send them back for inspection and a warranty claim if necessary. The vx comes with a 1 year warranty although many makers do not transfer warranties, it is only for the original purchaser. With that said, if it was purchased from Musicteck, I’ve always found Andrew to be an accommodating kind of guy. Of course, I would only go through this last part if your audiophile nervosa is becoming a bother … if not, enjoy your vx with all the other music at your disposal.

1655404621024.png
How am I supposed to live with a 6 second clip on one track not being correct? Lol.

Jun 16, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #2,526 of 2,715
How am I supposed to live with a 6 second clip on one track not being correct? Lol.

I worked in high end home audio for my career, and I can’t tell you how many of my clients were so concerned with any perceived anomaly in their system. I fully understood since I was the same way, both with performance and imperfect aesthetics. I’m an older guy these days, and fortunately, my audiophile nervosa has lessened quite a bit, even more so since I only listen to music with headphones/iems these days.

A whole lot less to worry about than high end speaker systems with its attendant components. ✌️

Jun 16, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #2,527 of 2,715
I worked in high end home audio for my career, and I can’t tell you how many of my clients were so concerned with any perceived anomaly in their system. I fully understood since I was the same way, both with performance and imperfect aesthetics. I’m an older guy these days, and fortunately, my audiophile nervosa has lessened quite a bit, even more so since I only listen to music with headphones/iems these days.

A whole lot less to worry about than high end speaker systems with its attendant components. ✌️
Very true. I'm making choices on what to keep and part with though. So every little aspect comes into play. I do find VX to be more engaging than u12t, but u12t is inoffensive and I haven't had any "anomalies " with it.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #2,529 of 2,715
You're experiencing the S+ detail retrieval of the VX aka No other set is picking it up :wink: Loved the VX as well when I had it but this hobby makes you look for more, and more ad more....endless money pit

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #2,530 of 2,715
You're experiencing the S+ detail retrieval of the VX aka No other set is picking it up :wink: Loved the VX as well when I had it but this hobby makes you look for more, and more ad more....endless money pit
Hehe. I'm not so sure about that. It sounds like a rattle/vibration. But I have only experienced it then. Given I just got this yesterday evening so I only have had a couple hours with it.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #2,531 of 2,715
You should try the original TheiAudio Monarch. I prefer its more musical presentation tone vs QDC Anole VX while having about the same detail level when paired with Wide bore AZLA SednaEarfit Short Tips (Black & Blue) or if I want things a little forward, then it's AZLA Xelastec tips. Changing DAP filters can also place things where you want them. On the iBasso DX240, I use filter 2 if I want all the details + forward sound or Filter 3 if I want a wider + slightly less detailed sound sig.
the VX is by far the most detailed and resolving thing I have ever heard.... the MKII and the LCD-4/HD800 playing on the same field, with the headphones having a huge staging and size advantage and then the VX comes out of left field, even on cheap source gear and just demolishes everything for me. That thing is scary fast too, even if you think they tie, you have to remember the Monarch has both DD and ES.... crazy

I've had the og monarch since it's initial release. I still prefer 4ss and 8sl to it. Now 4ss is my go to, rich, warm and detailed vocals
same for VX, I got the MKII and was happy I could get something comparable to my LCD-4... even though there is something dry about the VX compared to the much more natural Monarch if I have to sell one it ain't gunna be the VX

Me too. Really interested. Comparisons with Vx and V14 :)
yes, and double yes, please

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #2,532 of 2,715
Hehe. I'm not so sure about that. It sounds like a rattle/vibration. But I have only experienced it then. Given I just got this yesterday evening so I only have had a couple hours with it.
play with your bit/sample rates....
that would be my one weird recommend that I spent weeks messing with to figure out... for some reason on multiple computers and multiple sources (including laptop and dac/amp with battery so also not my power/ethernet....) I had audio glitches in a specific music video I could recreate consistently if my sample/bit rate was set beyond what I assume is youtube's defualt/

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #2,533 of 2,715
play with your bit/sample rates....
that would be my one weird recommend that I spent weeks messing with to figure out... for some reason on multiple computers and multiple sources (including laptop and dac/amp with battery so also not my power/ethernet....) I had audio glitches in a specific music video I could recreate consistently if my sample/bit rate was set beyond what I assume is youtube's defualt/
I did this already, unfortunately, to no avail. Did you hear the same "rattle" on the selection I posted with your VX? I'm just trying to figure out if this is just a resonance/distortion issue with certain frequencies or a unit problem.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #2,534 of 2,715
I did this already, unfortunately, to no avail. Did you hear the same "rattle" on the selection I posted with your VX? I'm just trying to figure out if this is just a resonance/distortion issue with certain frequencies or a unit problem.
didn't hear much of anything on my HD800, but I threw on my Samsung Galaxy pro which admittedly are low volume for some reason (probably driver) and I used a program that raises the volume.... perhaps somehow it clipped it despite it not actually being loud? but again not loud but I kept hearing crackles in the first 6 seconds, I have used this program a lot on the same setting and virtually never hear that.... try lowing line volume level and overvolting to compensate maybe?

oh yeah my Anole VX is with a reviewer right now sorry, these Samsung Pro's are the only in ears I have, sent him the Monarch MKII and 2 other TWS also!

Jun 17, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #2,535 of 2,715
the VX is by far the most detailed and resolving thing I have ever heard.... the MKII and the LCD-4/HD800 playing on the same field, with the headphones having a huge staging and size advantage and then the VX comes out of left field, even on cheap source gear and just demolishes everything for me. That thing is scary fast too, even if you think they tie, you have to remember the Monarch has both DD and ES.... crazy

same for VX, I got the MKII and was happy I could get something comparable to my LCD-4... even though there is something dry about the VX compared to the much more natural Monarch if I have to sell one it ain't gunna be the VX

yes, and double yes, please
Well, I love the Natural tone of the Monarch so much, that I wasn't enjoying the VX that much anymore. So it's sold. However, I'm planning to add the New QDC Tiger with ESTs. That should be interesting. The fit of the QDC was the best by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back