QC at Grado Labs back on track
Apr 22, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least from now I'm able to post in the FS-forum
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to buying used and as for Grados I guess a s/h Grado in Europe wouldn't be that much cheaper than a new one in USA. I feel I need quite a big price drop from the price for a new to go for a used phone, and then I'm not competetive enough, compared to what others are willing to pay for used stuff. The only stuff I've bought used is stuff that I've been able to meet the seller in person (Naim Headline), or had a friend meet the seller for me (AKG K1000).
And I don't feel very comfortable buying used from overseas... as I said, I'm a coward. But then again headfi would be the place where I feel I could trust people enough to buy used... hmm...

why not just mail order an alessandro ms-pro. it's a nicer phone and the price everywhere is the same as the cost of the rs-1 in the states.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #17 of 20
Bought a RS-1 few wekk's ago: No complain at all

If you have the money for it, buy it you won't regret, it's a Amazing headphone, you'll listen Music like Never before
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

PS, i use them with flat pad, bowls pad give too much treeble

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just mail order an alessandro ms-pro. it's a nicer phone and the price everywhere is the same as the cost of the rs-1 in the states.

Thanks for the suggestion. But if I would go for the Alessandros by mailorder I take the risk of additional custom fees + Swedish VAT 25% bringing it up to almost $900... and as I'm going to NYC in a few days the RS-1 seems like a better choice.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I'm REALLY close to go for a pair of RS-1's when I go to NYC next week I was wondering if any of you people that have purchased a new set of Grados recently, preferrably reference or statement series, have any thoughts on if Grado might have gotten the QC under control again?

I bought the GS!K new about 5 months ago. After a few weeks, one of the phones fell off from the thin rod, There was a break somewhere within the housing. I sent it in for repairs and got it back in a couple of weeks. I know of one other GS1K owner who experienced the same break after a month or two.

EDIT: I should add that I'm contemplating a balanced setup, and I'd probably order a second GS1K with balanced Black Dragon. Yeah, they're that good -- despite QC problems.

Apr 22, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #20 of 20
thats some statement from Grado lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back