Q701 vs D2000
Apr 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Thanks for your time and suggestions bowei, I'll consider the Ultrasones as well!

WIR3D says the D2000 pairs very badly with the STX: http://www.head-fi.org/t/601693/meow-ah-d2000-hfi-580-pro-900-ath-pro700mk2-bass (few posts down)
:frowning2:

I suppose that narrows my options. I'm not really sure exactly how the Ultrasones sound, I haven't read much about it. Could you point me in the right direction?

Ultrasone's are a major brand..they are quite large and have many posts on them on Head-Fi.

Quote:
I'd skip the "V' and go to the more neutral HiFi 780 or Pro 750 and still get the Ultrasone S-Logic.  But different strokes for different folks.

Which in your opinion sounded better with EDM?

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:

Ultrasone's are a major brand..they are quite large and have many posts on them on Head-Fi.

Which in your opinion sounded better with EDM?

I can't say directly as it is not my genre.  However, I have never heard anyone say that the HiFi 780 is better than the Pro 750 in any genre or in any aspect of sound reproduction. 

The only advantages of the 780 are that it's a little more efficient and a bit smaller for mobile use.

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:

I can't say directly as it is not my genre.  However, I have never heard anyone say that the HiFi 780 is better than the Pro 750 in any genre or in any aspect of sound reproduction. 

The only advantages of the 780 are that it's a little more efficient and a bit smaller for mobile use.

Well that's the thing, best way to tell is if you listen to the genre and have the headphones to tell the difference. So I will guess you have the HFI 780's but not the Pro 750's. I am also curious on HFI 580/780 vs Pro 750 or even the PRo 550 as the pro 550 is in the more direct price range as the HFI's.

Current goal for me is to demo some more Ultrasone's 
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:

Well that's the thing, best way to tell is if you listen to the genre and have the headphones to tell the difference. So I will guess you have the HFI 780's but not the Pro 750's. I am also curious on HFI 580/780 vs Pro 750 or even the PRo 550 as the pro 550 is in the more direct price range as the HFI's.

Current goal for me is to demo some more Ultrasone's 
wink_face.gif

I have both.  And yes--the best way to hear them all yourself with music you know and like.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:

I have both.  And yes--the best way to hear them all yourself with music you know and like.

I can haz a demo? 
wink_face.gif

Anyway back to the original, as an EDM person

Ii approve of the HFI 580's bass presence and ...in a sense v shaped responce to fit EDM music for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back