Q-jays sound signature?
Apr 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 13
Very slightly warm, analytical, very slight harshness on treble, good bass but not enough impact.

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They remind me of Ety's but with a bit more LF response. Not the best but if that's your budget (in the realms of the price of Q-Jays) then they are hard to beat.

Yes. The price of the q-jays are my upper budget limit.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 13
Best synthesizer u ever heard, bright to the point of harsh, no soundstage, super-fast decay which may contribute to the no-soundstage. Stiff cable. This is only an OPINION.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bright to the point of harsh, no soundstage, super-fast decay which may contribute to the no-soundstage. Stiff cable. This is only an OPINION.

i disagree with everything stated above except the soundstage, it isn't that large ;x

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 13
I find the soundstage to be okay, not particularly large but not the worst either.

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 13
Had 'em for a month, returned them because they were a little too sibilant for my ears. They've got a fantastic punchy bass (even better when paired with an E5), slightly recessed mids and an exuberant treble that is extraordinarily detailed and clean. If you're not a treble person, do not get these earphones. They are slightly warmer than the ER4P's, as stated before, and they occupy a middle ground between the '4P's and something like Shure's, in that they straddle the line between cold and musical. They are a touch warmer than the ER4P's, if that helps.

They're also insanely small and comfortable.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're also insanely small and comfortable.

Very true. But sadly, that can turn against the Q-Jays. Since they are so small and comfy, they can go quite deep within the ear canals, with the adverse effect that you HAVE to pull on the cable to get these off your ears. Eventually, the cable will split where it joins the earpieces. It happened to a few people, and it happened to me too. Reason why I decided to get something else after my first pair broke (3 months old too).

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very true. But sadly, that can turn against the Q-Jays.

Yeah, at first the small earpeice doesn't totally agree with me as well, but I did my O.J. mod and now I am quite happy with the fit.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered the d-jays?

I recently reviewed them, check sig for link.

I´ve used the d-jays before and liked them a lot. But i hope that the q-jays will be a step upp from the d-jays soundwise and i also hope that the q-jays will be more comfortable.

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #13 of 13
q-jays are nothing like the Ety4s. I've heard the two back to back on regular basis and they are very different. Warm and fun. Good for rock, etc.

I've given up my Ety for rock and just use them for acoustic, mostly classical and jazz, as they sound better to my ears.

I've never had any sibilant problems with the q-jays.

Not great soundstage, but good enough.

They are SMALL (the size of a large jelly bean). If you want something to go in deep, these are the ones (but you'll go through a lot of filters). Also, if you want/need to have something to listen to the ball game in church without anyone knowing, these are the ones.

After goofing around this winter and spring with a bunch of earphones, I've come back to the q-jays for my day to day listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back